Tappan thankful for second chance at Montana State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Former Cincinnati linebacker hopes to contribute right away at MSU.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tappan thankful for second chance at Montana State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 pm

I talked to Marcus before signing day but I wanted to talk to the coaches about this specific case so I waited about a week before I caught up with Coach Ioane for this story. So if the timing seems weird, that's why. I do stories on all the recruits, just wanted a coach's perspective for this one.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I talked to Marcus before signing day but I wanted to talk to the coaches about this specific case so I waited about a week before I caught up with Coach Ioane for this story. So if the timing seems weird, that's why. I do stories on all the recruits, just wanted a coach's perspective for this one.
I can't seem to view it for some reason. i have a subscription. Maybe I'm being dumb though

Edit: nevermind got it

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:09 am

Man...it is kind of a big deal we got this kid. Kudos to Coach Ioane and the staff for getting him here!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 am

That takes a lot of courage to just get the story out there for this kid. His story, if true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, is very simple and straight forward. It actually helps ease the anxiety of the situation. If that's the extent of his "mistake," I don't think we have anything to worry about and look forward to seeing what this kid can do. Hopefully he's got a mean streak and likes to decleat dudes.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:That takes a lot of courage to just get the story out there for this kid. His story, if true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, is very simple and straight forward. It actually helps ease the anxiety of the situation. If that's the extent of his "mistake," I don't think we have anything to worry about and look forward to seeing what this kid can do. Hopefully he's got a mean streak and likes to decleat dudes.
Exactly how I felt after reading it. Makes everything more clear. Our linebacker unit definitely got much better with the addition of Marcus!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:21 am

VimSince03 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:That takes a lot of courage to just get the story out there for this kid. His story, if true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, is very simple and straight forward. It actually helps ease the anxiety of the situation. If that's the extent of his "mistake," I don't think we have anything to worry about and look forward to seeing what this kid can do. Hopefully he's got a mean streak and likes to decleat dudes.
Exactly how I felt after reading it. Makes everything more clear. Our linebacker unit definitely got much better with the addition of Marcus!
It does, and the other thing I might add is most people would rather try to distance themselves from something like that and try to move past it. They would certainly not entertain the thought of bringing to light those events in the place where he might get a fresh start.

Truth is, by confronting the stigma head on, he will truly get the fresh start he covets.

Good on ya Marcus. Welcome to the family.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am

Anybody else get the feeling that Marcus is gonna light it up next fall? I can't wait to see him play!