Tidbits from Rob Ash's National Signing Day press conference

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Tidbits from Rob Ash's National Signing Day press conference

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am

Montana State signed 30 players last week.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tidbits from Rob Ash's National Signing Day press confer

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Good article Colter.

One of the story lines for this class was how Sims, Daum, Ryan, and Bingham committed to UM. Granted Sims and Bingham had UM family connections, but I also notice that we are now recruiting Montana with Rider, Cramsey, and Marshall. Prior to this year year, Mac recruited the entire state for at least a decade. Perhaps taking Mac out of Montana and bringing in new guys had a bigger impact on instate recruiting that expected.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 pm

wbtfg wrote:Good article Colter.

One of the story lines for this class was how Sims, Daum, Ryan, and Bingham committed to UM. Granted Sims and Bingham had UM family connections, but I also notice that we are now recruiting Montana with Rider, Cramsey, and Marshall. Prior to this year year, Mac recruited the entire state for at least a decade. Perhaps taking Mac out of Montana and bringing in new guys had a bigger impact on instate recruiting that expected.
Again, I wouldn't read too far into it. Actually, Holden Ryan also had family connections to UM as well (had two uncles? play for the Griz). I think the fact that we have 3 guys helping recruiting Montana gets us more of a network and camaraderie going with the staff before the boys even commit to the Cats.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm

From Colter on Daum.
Second-year defensive assistant Michael Rider and 12th-year offensive line coach Jason McEndoo have been Daum’s primary recruiters over the last few seasons

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Hawks86 wrote:

From Colter on Daum.
Second-year defensive assistant Michael Rider and 12th-year offensive line coach Jason McEndoo have been Daum’s primary recruiters over the last few seasons
Translation: Daum wanted to be a Grizzly. Overall, I'm not too worried about Montana for next year. The coaches are already on some of the best recruits in-state next year (Andrew Grinde, Karl Tucker, Chase Benson, Balue Chapman, etc.). It will be interesting to see how the Montana battle plays out again next year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."