Seven transfers highlight 30 signees for Bobcats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Montana State brings in 17 of 25 scholarship players to aid defense.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Seven transfers highlight 30 signees for Bobcats

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 pm

A couple of things.

Ash on Montana recruits
At Montana’s signing day event, Stitt declared he thought the Grizzlies “cleaned up” with in-state recruits in his first season. Ash begs to differ.

“I don’t care what they say, we tried hard to recruit every guy out there,” Ash said. “The guys we lost to them had inherent Grizzly ties. A guy’s dad played there (Bingham). His sister played there (Sims). I don’t know if it’s as much of a victory when you have an inside track. I compare it to (Bozeman native) Grant Collins last year. He was the best player in the state that was going to go to the Big Sky Conference. There wasn’t any chance to recruit Grant Collins. He was a Bobcat. We ran into that in reverse this year.”
Bob Stitt today on recruiting Montana
"We're going to win this state every year," Bob Stitt.
Ash on current class
We are not finished with this class,” Ash said. “We are still waiting on a couple of decisions and we are going to be looking for another one or two players possibly. It’s still open-ended. Stay tuned. We are only announcing the guys today that we are allowed to announce but we have a couple that are still pending. Additionally, we have a couple of new players that will be playing for the first time next fall but they are not on the list. Beau Sandland, who is a transfer from Miami, is working out with the team doing an awesome job. We are also still working on a guy who is on his church mission so we might have an announcement on that down the road. We are still working on this class.”

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 pm

what were Daum and Ryan's ties to UM?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Daum was a Griz fan since a kid. Overall, they just beat us on Ryan.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:05 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Daum was a Griz fan since a kid. Overall, they just beat us on Ryan.
I really thought wed get Ryan and was really wrong!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Daum was a Griz fan since a kid. Overall, they just beat us on Ryan.
Once again, one year they win Montana again and all of them are back on the gravy train. Watch us get Andrew Grinde next year. :lol:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
Once again, one year they win Montana again and all of them are back on the gravy train. Watch us get Andrew Grinde next year. :lol:
and Chapman.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:

Curious what Sims and Daum plan to pursue academically? Maybe they don't know yet!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 am

Ryan's cousins played for the griz. Each of the five kids they got from MT, had a family connection to the program.

If Stitt can get Chapman to go to um next year, then and only then will I think he out-recruited MSU. good luck buddy!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 am

VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
I really don't think they outright won Montana. When it's all over for these kids 5 years from now the LB from Helena we got will be the most productive Montana kid in this class. Let the high profile kids get all the hype out west, it's already burning a fire deep down in our guys.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:57 am

Relatively easy to recruit Mt kids when you curb stomp us the season before.

That would be an interesting study. Who wins Mt recruiting contest after a win. The above statement is an off the cuff observation. For example in mid to late sixties to early eighties my recall is that Cats had more than an edge. During the streak however I don't recall many Mt kids wanting to come to Bozeman. Of course there will be exceptions. Anyone have the time to dive into this question???

Results might help coach reshape his "just another game" reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanical Cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mechanical Cat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 am

77matcat wrote:Relatively easy to recruit Mt kids when you curb stomp us the season before.

That would be an interesting study. Who wins Mt recruiting contest after a win. The above statement is an off the cuff observation. For example in mid to late sixties to early eighties my recall is that Cats had more than an edge. During the streak however I don't recall many Mt kids wanting to come to Bozeman. Of course there will be exceptions. Anyone have the time to dive into this question???

+1

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:41 am

Marana CAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
I really don't think they outright won Montana. When it's all over for these kids 5 years from now the LB from Helena we got will be the most productive Montana kid in this class. Let the high profile kids get all the hype out west, it's already burning a fire deep down in our guys.
Cozzie, right? I don't know much about this guy, I'm curious why u are so high on him?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
Cozzie, right? I don't know much about this guy, I'm curious why u are so high on him?
Cozzie has a chance for sure but I don't think anyone can predict how far yet. At the minimum he's a fundamentally sound and hard nosed player that will make the ST early and often. The upside on the kid is something akin to Brock Coyle IMO. I suspect the HS tape is very similar between the two. You don't get 140 tackles in AA without being a good player.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:16 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
Yes Cozzie. He played on a 1-9 team that is usually a powerhouse in AA. He went balls to the wall every game when it would be easy to give up and quit. To me that shows a heart of a champion, the kind talked about earlier on BN back after the season ended. The last 10 years when we have gotten 1 of Capital's top seniors that player has turned out to be one of the Cats best players.. Capital tradition + Walker's inner fire I believe will = another MSU home grown All BSC!!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 am

77matcat wrote:Relatively easy to recruit Mt kids when you curb stomp us the season before.

I think it starts at whatever age a kid picks his favorite team or which games his parents take him to or what he watches on TV on Saturdays. The griz have built up an advantage in that department over the years and the vast majority of those kids will sign with um no matter the coach, or record, or last years Cat griz game. Ash and MSU have done a fantastic job of getting kids in the state to in essence, to change the channel.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bornbobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bornbobcat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 am

Someone is going to get upset with me for saying this but I don't care.

UM can win the in state recruiting battle every year if they want. It doesn't bother me one bit. What I care about is winning the overall recruiting battle, not just a state and I care about the W each and every week. We have a far superior overall recruiting class this year and that's what matters.

Stit seems like the second coming of Hauck.

How do you get rid of a stitt? Same way you get rid of all Griz fans. You flush the toilet.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:52 am

Bornbobcat wrote:Someone is going to get upset with me for saying this but I don't care.

UM can win the in state recruiting battle every year if they want. It doesn't bother me one bit. What I care about is winning the overall recruiting battle, not just a state and I care about the W each and every week. We have a far superior overall recruiting class this year and that's what matters.

How do you get rid of a stitt? Same way you get rid of all Griz fans. You flush the toilet.
Buy this man a beer! Excellent post. Worry about MSU instead of whatever else is going on.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:17 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Bornbobcat wrote:Someone is going to get upset with me for saying this but I don't care.

Buy this man a beer! Excellent post. Worry about MSU instead of whatever else is going on.

Yep, just beat them.....This is how someone feels that was not even born in MONTANA and only spent thirteen years there, following and backing the CATS. I do not want to beat them. I want to DESTROY THEM.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

09griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 09griz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 am

:lol: