NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: DE Marcus Ferriter

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: DE Marcus Ferriter

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 am

Class A Defensive MVP will join MSU as a preferred walk-on.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: DE Marcus Ferriter

Post by grizatwork » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Still wish we could have flipped him and I think he deserves some money. He is a good one.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:40 pm

If I were to be jealous of any of your recruiting class it would be Ferriter.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Overall, I think the only player I would be hypothetically jealous over is Cy Sirmon, MLB. Sorry but Sims isn't the best player in that class. Sirmon is the Griz's #1 with Mau Ena, DT the #2. Good classes for both schools!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

DicTater

Post by DicTater » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:57 pm

There were 3 kids I absolutely didn't want to lose, and they are Wilkes, Ferriter and Logan Jones. Getting them as walk-ons is a real coup as I think they all have a ton of potential. And, I really didn't think we had a legit shot at Sims, Bingham, or Ryan. Once Stitt came on as coach and threw a full scholly at Daum, I knew he was gone too. So, it was critical that the Cats got Wilkes, Ferriter and Jones. They may not be as ready to play right now as the Griz 4, but I honestly believe they have the potential to be as good.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:03 pm

I just think Ferriter was literally an in state steal, might be on the "most underrated recruit" thread down the road. We might be kicking ourselves in a couple years, not sure what it is about that kid but I think he's gonna blossom. Just being greedy I guess. Through all the ups and downs over the last few weeks I'm actually pretty ecstatic at what Stitt and company pulled off. And yes, Stitt did have a lot to do with getting some and keeping some of the recruits that signed today. The guys got fire.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:15 pm

DicTater wrote:There were 3 kids I absolutely didn't want to lose, and they are Wilkes, Ferriter and Logan Jones. Getting them as walk-ons is a real coup as I think they all have a ton of potential. And, I really didn't think we had a legit shot at Sims, Bingham, or Ryan. Once Stitt came on as coach and threw a full scholly at Daum, I knew he was gone too. So, it was critical that the Cats got Wilkes, Ferriter and Jones. They may not be as ready to play right now as the Griz 4, but I honestly believe they have the potential to be as good.
Yep, the key is we got them as walk-ons. The Griz had to throw a full ride at Daum, and those used to be walk on type players for the Griz. It is more expensive to recruit out of state players so if they are throwing full rides at in state and keep doing that it could affect them down the road if those players don't pan out. Both teams have some very good in state players this year. How the do at the next level is how well they work at it and adjust to the college life. Nothing is guaranteed especially with the depth the Cats have coming in this year and last year at a lot of spots.