Former Cincinnati LB Marcus Tappan to visit Montana State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Former Cincinnati LB Marcus Tappan to visit Montana State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Former No. 2 JC inside linebacker dismissed by Tuberville from UC after being arrested in October.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Former Cincinnati LB Marcus Tappan to visit Montana Stat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Breaking and entering....Hmmmm....

Mayor Krause knows a bit about something like this. Those two kids turned out ok, but they were Montana boys.

Just guessing Mr Tappan would be on a very short leash. I hope he's learned his lesson.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Breaking and entering....Hmmmm....

Mayor Krause knows a bit about something like this. Those two kids turned out ok, but they were Montana boys.

Just guessing Mr Tappan would be on a very short leash. I hope he's learned his lesson.
AD dropped all the charges against this young man. I would love to have him at MSU.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:

AD dropped all the charges against this young man. I would love to have him at MSU.
Ash wants to add talent...here is his chance! The kid is a flat out stud and I would gladly welcome him to the Cats just like I did with Knight.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:11 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:

I'll say this. Ash does a good job of doing the right thing when it should be done. So I'm not all that worried.

Could he fill an immediate need? You bet.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Well he looks like a stud.

I trust Ash and the staff. Marino was a bit of a black eye, but overall I trust Ash to make the tough decisions if they need to be made. As in in Tappan comes in and screws up, he is gone.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:

I'll say this. Ash does a good job of doing the right thing when it should be done. So I'm not all that worried.

Exactly. Look at the way he handled Marino and Knight this past year. If you screw around, you don't play. If you continue to screw around, you aren't on the team anymore.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:30 pm

Here is his 247sports recruiting profile when he signed with Cincinnati last year. He is a 3star with size (6,3", 245) and speed (4.7 40yd dash). Also, just saw that he became twitter followers with one Mr. Prukop. :wink:

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Tappan-37987

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:50 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Here is his 247sports recruiting profile when he signed with Cincinnati last year. He is a 3star with size (6,3", 245) and speed (4.7 40yd dash). Also, just saw that he became twitter followers with one Mr. Prukop. :wink:

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Tappan-37987
You're on top of that Sh.t. =D^

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:01 am

the article says we have 28 commits, but I count 26 on the recruiting tab and 27 in the commit thread. I wonder who we don't know about yet. I like bringing in these transfers, I think the D will be much improved next year.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:12 am

VimSince03 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:

Exactly. Look at the way he handled Marino and Knight this past year. If you screw around, you don't play. If you continue to screw around, you aren't on the team anymore.
Good thoughts. He is a risk, but risks do need to be taken sometimes. I with the best for him and hope he has things turned around. After a few "black eyes" I am not wanting to take many more risks.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 am

Marcus Tappan graduated from La Salle High School in Pasadena, CA (same HS as Chris Robinson) in 2013 where he played TE/DE. He played LB one year at Glendale CC before transferring to Cincinnati in early 2014. 247 Sports shows he had offers from Cincinnati, Arkansas State, New Mexico, & Virginia, other articles also stated he had interest from Indiana State, UMass & Georgia State. Sometime in October of 2014 he was arrested for ‘Breaking & Entering’ and details are unclear. I think he has 3 years of eligibility left.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 am

I don't see any stats for him from last year, so I assume he redshirted at cincinnati?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:07 am

If I was Ash the whole B&E thing would have to have a really good explanation, not a Ryan Leaf type.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:39 am

allcat wrote:If I was Ash the whole B&E thing would have to have a really good explanation, not a Ryan Leaf type.
Tappan says he was falsely accused. According to reports it was the home of other players and the homeowner isn't pressing charges. My take, based on the reports, is that the worst case scenario is he broke into a place of someone he knew to get some of his own property. Stupid? Yes. Hardened criminal? No.

He told brandon Huffman of scout.com, "I was planning on transferring closer to home because of family issues I have to deal with before this legal matter," said Tappan. "I got falsely accused on some legal matters that I did not commit, all my charges have been dismissed and my name is cleared now."

Works for me.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 am

wbtfg wrote:I don't see any stats for him from last year, so I assume he redshirted at cincinnati?
Looks like he has three to play three then, not three to play two.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:48 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
allcat wrote:If I was Ash the whole B&E thing would have to have a really good explanation, not a Ryan Leaf type.
Tappan says he was falsely accused. According to reports it was the home of other players and the homeowner isn't pressing charges. My take, based on the reports, is that the worst case scenario is he broke into a place of someone he knew to get some of his own property. Stupid? Yes. Hardened criminal? No.

He told brandon Huffman of scout.com, "I was planning on transferring closer to home because of family issues I have to deal with before this legal matter," said Tappan. "I got falsely accused on some legal matters that I did not commit, all my charges have been dismissed and my name is cleared now."

Works for me.
We're not going to be in on any explanation, I'm just saying if I was Ash I would want to see him explain it face to face and if he feels good about it then, yes, good to go.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 am

At times I question Ash and his staff's ability to make adjustments during the game and adjust schemes & play calling throughout the season to the players abilities, and at times I question Ash's ability to make changes within his staff that are best for the program. However, I do not doubt for a second Ash's judgement when it comes to managing the players in the program and those that are recruited into the program. That is simply something we do not have to worry about IMHO.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:02 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I don't see any stats for him from last year, so I assume he redshirted at cincinnati?
Looks like he has three to play three then, not three to play two.
Played as a true Frosh at Glendale college. Played for Cincinnati as a true Sophomore last year. Three years to play two if he goes to another 4 yr. school.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
At times I question Ash and his staff's ability to make adjustments during the game and adjust schemes & play calling throughout the season to the players abilities, and at times I question Ash's ability to make changes within his staff that are best for the program. However, I do not doubt for a second Ash's judgement when it comes to managing the players in the program and those that are recruited into the program. That is simply something we do not have to worry about IMHO.
completely agree.

FTG- GO CATS GO!