Pasadena, Calif., DE Chris Robinson commits to MSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Lifelong basketball player is thrilled he earned a Division I scholarship.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

SonomaCat

Re: Pasadena, Calif., DE Chris Robinson commits to MSU

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Sounds like a lot of potential upside on him -- love the write-up!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Dammit.

I was hoping to read the article and find out we got a commitment from the lead singer of the Black Crowes.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Lifelong basketball player is thrilled he earned a Division I scholarship.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
I didn't know he hadn't played until his junior year so that makes this kid even scarier to me because when you watch his tape, he has such natural skills in terms of pass rush and using his hands. But now that he says he was basically playing off of skill, he may be a monster by the time he is ready to start and has gotten more knowledge of the game. Excited about this kid! And it is still incredible to me that Zach Minter was just a 240 pound point-guard when he came to MSU.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:02 pm

He is definitely an intimidating player on tape because of those long arms of his and how he runs. I think he is going to make a great defensive end but if he can become a great inside player, no complaining here!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Great size and athleticism.

On film he reminds me of a bulkier Clive Lowe. A dude who can play with his hand on the ground or standing up.
Last edited by wbtfg on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NewEra » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Sounds like a lot of potential upside on him -- love the write-up!
I was thinking the same thing reading the article..which on a separate note, love the articles as always. He looks like he really mite be flying under the radar, and to hear that a recruit is excited about academics is always nice to hear. Welcome to MSU!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Lifelong basketball player is thrilled he earned a Division I scholarship.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
I didn't know he hadn't played until his junior year so that makes this kid even scarier to me because when you watch his tape, he has such natural skills in terms of pass rush and using his hands. But now that he says he was basically playing off of skill, he may be a monster by the time he is ready to start and has gotten more knowledge of the game. Excited about this kid! And it is still incredible to me that Zach Minter was just a 240 pound point-guard when he came to MSU.

also similar to Zach minter- if I remember correctly, minter only had 1 or 2 years experience in football, which is why he "slipped through the cracks". Minter should have been with an FBS school, no question.

excited to see what Robinson can do!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:47 pm

I like that he's originally from Chicago and the potential for more de La Salle student-athletes will start exploring MSU.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Cat Grad wrote:I like that he's originally from Chicago and the potential for more de La Salle student-athletes will start exploring MSU.
LaSalle and De LaSalle are two different schools. He's from the former, which is near Pasadena.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:I like that he's originally from Chicago and the potential for more de La Salle student-athletes will start exploring MSU.
LaSalle and De LaSalle are two different schools. He's from the former, which is near Pasadena.
Yep, the one with the horrible movie made about it is in Concord (Bay Area).

MSU had a tight end from De LaSalle during the Kramer era, I believe. I think he left after a couple years.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Yep, the one with the horrible movie made about it is in Concord (Bay Area).

MSU had a tight end from De LaSalle during the Kramer era, I believe. I think he left after a couple years.
Understand the location aspect. The Concord school of the group of schools finished in the USA Today's top 5 just off the top of my head. I believe Kevin Garnett got shipped to Chicago the last couple of years in an attempt to get his academics up to minimum NCAA standards. Didn't work. I guess getting lost in the discussion is there are several schools in this group with tremendous academic credentials and athletic abilities.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm

His frame is just like Aldon Smith of the 49ers. Man, I hope he stays at end. He'd be a beast on the strong edge.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Some one with D-line credentials might be able to comment better on this, but he seems to play tall and would struggle with aggressive D1 offensive linemen. Never-the-less, he is blessed with robo-like qualities and he truly is a beast....taking on all comers. Boy am I glad we have a commit from this guy!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:57 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:His frame is just like Aldon Smith of the 49ers. Man, I hope he stays at end. He'd be a beast on the strong edge.
This class addressed each and every aspect of why we were so outmanned on the defensive side last year. I hope the DLs they're bringing in and are working on for last year get their grades straight! Bet we play fast with a lot of rotation on defense next year?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Some one with D-line credentials might be able to comment better on this, but he seems to play tall and would struggle with aggressive D1 offensive linemen. Never-the-less, he is blessed with robo-like qualities and he truly is a beast....taking on all comers. Boy am I glad we have a commit from this guy!
Ya kinda do play high at the end position so you can see in the backfield. All I care about is his quick hands and the ability to hold the POA and he's long enough to string it out to the side and fast enough to get home. This one I'm probably most excited about.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:His frame is just like Aldon Smith of the 49ers. Man, I hope he stays at end. He'd be a beast on the strong edge.
This class addressed each and every aspect of why we were so outmanned on the defensive side last year. I hope the DLs they're bringing in and are working on for last year get their grades straight! Bet we play fast with a lot of rotation on defense next year?
I bet we forget this gap sound bullshat and get back to swarming the football which leads to getting off the damn field for 3 and outs.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I bet we forget this gap sound bullshat and get back to swarming the football which leads to getting off the damn field for 3 and outs.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I wish Pete's last name wasn't so dang hard to spell...Isn't he Peterson's DC now? Anyway, he's the first one I thought of looking at the size and speed they've brought in thus far. Next year ought to quickly put last year to rest.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:46 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
What's a "3 and out"? Is that a baseball term? Or are you thinking of the 3 point stance in Volleyball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking. I wish Pete's last name wasn't so dang hard to spell...Isn't he Peterson's DC now? Anyway, he's the first one I thought of looking at the size and speed they've brought in thus far. Next year ought to quickly put last year to rest.
Kwiatkowski

Yes, he's still on Chris Peterson's staff as DC