Santa Monica JC LB Zach Stern commits to Montana State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Santa Monica JC LB Zach Stern commits to Montana State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Two-sport athlete will be able to concentrate on football.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Santa Monica JC LB Zach Stern commits to Montana State

Post by hardhatcat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:21 pm

I like the chip on the shoulder, here's to you proving people wrong. Welcome aboard.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Welcome Zach to MSU and the Bobcats!!! =D^

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Interesting thought:

What about moving him to the bandit position? Brad Daly was a beast there, and was only 6-0 and maybe 240lbs....but Daly's speed is what separates him. It appears that Stern has more speed. If we could bulk him up a little, I'm willing to bed he would make a good Bandit

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Safety? Or the hybid safety-LB-rover on third and long? Ioane will find a special place for somebody with his speed and get him out there making plays.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Interesting thought:

What about moving him to the bandit position? Brad Daly was a beast there, and was only 6-0 and maybe 240lbs....but Daly's speed is what separates him. It appears that Stern has more speed. If we could bulk him up a little, I'm willing to bed he would make a good Bandit
I get what you are saying, but I think he could be way more effective at Sam. It sounds like he will be faster than Cole Moore, and the only knock on Cole Moore was he just couldn't keep up with the faster guys at the slot, when he went into coverage. I think I would leave him at Sam and hope he wrecks shop.

*Cole Moore was a hellova LB and I am not saying anything negative, just being realistic.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:

I get what you are saying, but I think he could be way more effective at Sam. It sounds like he will be faster than Cole Moore, and the only knock on Cole Moore was he just couldn't keep up with the faster guys at the slot, when he went into coverage. I think I would leave him at Sam and hope he wrecks shop.

*Cole Moore was a hellova LB and I am not saying anything negative, just being realistic.
Cole did fine at LB, but he was streaky. Sometimes he simply disappeared on the field.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:56 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Cole did fine at LB, but he was streaky. Sometimes he simply disappeared on the field.
From what I have read about him, you should be awful proud he was a bobcat. Sounds like a heck of a guy off the field.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

grizatwork wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

From what I have read about him, you should be awful proud he was a bobcat. Sounds like a heck of a guy off the field.
Yep, we are. We need more guys like him for sure (Leaders).

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm

hardhatcat wrote:I like the chip on the shoulder, here's to you proving people wrong. Welcome aboard.
Yeah, I was thinking this too. I really like kids with these attitudes, we need more! Welcome Zach.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Good get!

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 am

yessss....more defense pleeeeeze. Keep em coming!