Glacier LB Josh Hill commits to Montana State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Glacier LB Josh Hill commits to Montana State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Class AA Defensive MVP verbally commits to Bobcats.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Glacier LB Josh Hill commits to Montana State

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 pm

He has a shot to be a very good linebacker. He is very good at dropping back into the passing lanes. I watched him jump 30-35 inches in the air to snag an interception vs Missoula Sentinel.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:33 am

I like his instincts and reaction to the ball. He comes downhill with an attitude! Welcome to Bobcat Nation Josh!

catzfan55
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catzfan55 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 am

Welcome aboard , glad we have ya!! :D

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 am

I like Hill. Everyone's talking about Daum, Sims and Holden being the best in the state. I think Hill belongs in that group.

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 pm

we are killing the jizz with this recruiting class

ButteWhat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 pm

The Griz actually have a very solid recruiting class building up. However, I do agree that we are winning Montana once again. I also believe that Holden Ryan and Jesse Sims will go FBS and Colin Bingham will go to the Griz so if that scenario plays out, we have won Montana for recruiting.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:20 pm

VimSince03 wrote:The Griz actually have a very solid recruiting class building up. However, I do agree that we are winning Montana once again. I also believe that Holden Ryan and Jesse Sims will go FBS and Colin Bingham will go to the Griz so if that scenario plays out, we have won Montana for recruiting.
I'd rather have their recruit at DE than both of the in-state commits that we have at that position. I don't think either of them run a 4.8. However, they may be able to put on weight and play in the middle and be outstanding recruits.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Walk-on wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:The Griz actually have a very solid recruiting class building up. However, I do agree that we are winning Montana once again. I also believe that Holden Ryan and Jesse Sims will go FBS and Colin Bingham will go to the Griz so if that scenario plays out, we have won Montana for recruiting.
I'd rather have their recruit at DE than both of the in-state commits that we have at that position. I don't think either of them run a 4.8. However, they may be able to put on weight and play in the middle and be outstanding recruits.
I believe we can land a stud DE in the next three weeks but comparing our two current players (borderline half schollie guys) to Cody Baker (a 3 star) is not a fair comparison so of course I would rather have their guy. However, I agree that Rollins and Ferriter can develop into great players because they come from the Montana mold of "work your butt off everyday and earn that full scholarship." Just remember, he hasn't put pen to paper yet so we could still steal him from the guys west of the continental divide! \:D/

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Toucat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Toucat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
I believe we can land a stud DE in the next three weeks but comparing our two current players (borderline half schollie guys) to Cody Baker (a 3 star) is not a fair comparison so of course I would rather have their guy. However, I agree that Rollins and Ferriter can develop into great players because they come from the Montana mold of "work your butt off everyday and earn that full scholarship." Just remember, he hasn't put pen to paper yet so we could still steal him from the guys west of the continental divide! \:D/
Has anyone heard if Ferriter is still committed now that the Griz have named Mike Ferriter as their wide receivers coach?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Has anyone heard if Ferriter is still committed now that the Griz have named Mike Ferriter as their wide receivers coach?
As far as we all know, he is still committed to play for the Bobcats. Remember, his brother is an All-Big Sky thrower for the MSU track team. Mike Ferriter is a cousin.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
I would assume so, unless UM is planning on adding a ChemE program sometime in the near future.

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Well, Baker is going to visit MSU, so you never know. Remember Brekke and John Katanga'a who switched from an MSU commit to UM after a visit

I would assume so, unless UM is planning on adding a ChemE program sometime in the near future.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Totally agree DicTater. You never truly know until signing day!

Toucat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Toucat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
As far as we all know, he is still committed to play for the Bobcats. Remember, his brother is an All-Big Sky thrower for the MSU track team. Mike Ferriter is a cousin.
Yeah, I knew his brother threw for the Cats, but I remember reading the article when he committed where he stated he was a Griz fan when he was younger because his cousins Mike and Vince Huntsberger played for the Griz. I was just curious whether the Griz were again showing an interest now that Mike Ferriter is coaching for them.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Toucat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Yeah, I knew his brother threw for the Cats, but I remember reading the article when he committed where he stated he was a Griz fan when he was younger because his cousins Mike and Vince Huntsberger played for the Griz. I was just curious whether the Griz were again showing an interest now that Mike Ferriter is coaching for them.
I think Chemical Engineering is the major factor in this discussion. The Griz don't have that major thus he probably won't go to Missoula.

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Does it make much sense to continue to beat the Griz in the in-state battle for Montana kids even if they continue to whoop us in the brawl?

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:58 pm

ButteWhat wrote:Does it make much sense to continue to beat the Griz in the in-state battle for Montana kids even if they continue to whoop us in the brawl?
Unless you want to just give up, then yes. I think we've whooped up on ourselves at least as much as the grizz have whooped up on us. When we start getting through the season with just the average amount of injuries that team typically endures we'll do much better late in the year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:03 pm

ButteWhat wrote:Does it make much sense to continue to beat the Griz in the in-state battle for Montana kids even if they continue to whoop us in the brawl?
Yes. I don't know if this is a serious question or not but the answer is yes. I don't think we want to recruit MT kids just for the sake of recruiting them if there are better players available from TX, CA, ND, Poland, or wherever... but we do want to beat UM head to head in the in state recruiting battles. "Continue to whoop us" is a bit of a stretch, and yes we all feel the pain from the November disaster in Missoula. Before that, we'd won two of the last four and five of the last 12. Fairly even. We all know if a healthy Prukop starts that game we are dead even over the past 12 years.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 am

catatac wrote:
Yes. I don't know if this is a serious question or not but the answer is yes. I don't think we want to recruit MT kids just for the sake of recruiting them if there are better players available from TX, CA, ND, Poland, or wherever... but we do want to beat UM head to head in the in state recruiting battles. "Continue to whoop us" is a bit of a stretch, and yes we all feel the pain from the November disaster in Missoula. Before that, we'd won two of the last four and five of the last 12. Fairly even. We all know if a healthy Prukop starts that game we are dead even over the past 12 years.
We have 10 Montana players committed so far and we've used maybe six scholarships at most on them. That's good bang for the buck considering the players we got.