Lally, SDSU no-name defense "love the draw"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Lally, SDSU no-name defense "love the draw"

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Jackrabbits have been stout on defense for three years running even if no one gets any credit.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Lally, SDSU no-name defense

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:26 pm

They sound a lot more confident than we do.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:29 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:They sound a lot more confident than we do.
I interviewed Zach Zenner, Austin Sumner and TJ Lally. All sounded VERY confident. Lally had to stop and bite his tongue during that last quote so he didn't get too brash or arrogant.

This is SDSU's version of last year's Bobcats in terms of preseason expectations. A four-year starter at quarterback who was the freshman of the year and an all-conference guy the next two. By all accounts, the best running back in school history and the MVC and one of the best ever in the FCS. They've made the playoffs and won games two years in a row. Then Sumner gets hurt. They weather the storm by going 5-3, he returns and they are averaging 43 points per game during a three-game winning streak to enter the playoffs. They know they are hot at the right time. They thought this was supposed to be their year before an injury nearly derailed them. Remember, this team was preseason No. 8 in the country and picked to finish second in the MVC behind only preseason No. 1 NDSU. This team held Cal Poly to 229 yards rushing and beat the Mustangs 44-18.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:They sound a lot more confident than we do.
I interviewed Zach Zenner, Austin Sumner and TJ Lally. All sounded VERY confident. Lally had to stop and bite his tongue during that last quote so he didn't get too brash or arrogant.

This is SDSU's version of last year's Bobcats in terms of preseason expectations. A four-year starter at quarterback who was the freshman of the year and an all-conference guy the next two. By all accounts, the best running back in school history and the MVC and one of the best ever in the FCS. They've made the playoffs and won games two years in a row. Then Sumner gets hurt. They weather the storm by going 5-3, he returns and they are averaging 43 points per game during a three-game winning streak to enter the playoffs. They know they are hot at the right time. They thought this was supposed to be their year before an injury nearly derailed them. Remember, this team was preseason No. 8 in the country and picked to finish second in the MVC behind only preseason No. 1 NDSU. This team held Cal Poly to 229 yards rushing and beat the Mustangs 44-18.
Sumner came back against NDSU.

Remember the grizz were ranked fifth and Poly lost to Davis too. Gave up more points vs Davis than they did SDSU.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

i don't think our guys are lacking confidence right now. many of our fans maybe but from what i have seen our players fully expect to win tomorrow. can't wait!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Would love to see knight/newell over him, brekke/Johnson past him, then lasane in garbage time finish the job.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:45 pm

ilovethecats wrote:i don't think our guys are lacking confidence right now. many of our fans maybe but from what i have seen our players fully expect to win tomorrow. can't wait!
I would be greatly disappointed if our team went into tomorrow with anything but expecting to win, and win decisively. Fans? Fans can be disappointed, scared worried, whatever. But I hope the team is ready to go tomorrow!

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?