Treasure State natives lead Bobcats past Bengals, 44-39 (FRE

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Treasure State natives lead Bobcats past Bengals, 44-39 (FRE

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Newell rushes for 110 yards and a touchdown, Bleskin throws for 301 and two scores as Bobcats remain in first place in Big Sky race with Griz game on the horizon.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Treasure State natives lead Bobcats past Bengals, 44-39

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Newell ran like a man possessed. The dude can run!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:44 pm

The talent on our roster amazes me. Who in their right mind would want to meet Knight at the line? I hurt just thinking about hitting that kid! I think I saw some business decisions being made out there today, as Deon Sanders would say.... :lol:

KaliCatFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KaliCatFan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:56 pm

A shout out also to our Treasure State Natives on the Line. Unless I missed it, Bleskin wasn't touched all day! We are proud of our entire Line! =D^ \:D/

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Unrelated to the title, but in response to Cat Grad's comment - the best hit of the day was the one Salanoa laid on the poor ISU corner who tried coming up to tackle him on the MSU sideline on that backside pass play. Kid didn't want to be there and TS trucked him :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:06 pm

KaliCatFan wrote:A shout out also to our Treasure State Natives on the Line. Unless I missed it, Bleskin wasn't touched all day! We are proud of our entire Line! =D^ \:D/
It's Big Man Month and the Big Men took control of the game.

Ripped Kramer's heart out.

I like the ol boy, but dammit that was fun

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

All six TDs were scored by one-time backups. Knight had three, Brekke one, Herbert one, and Newell one. Four (Knight, Bleskin, Herbert and Roderick) of the six starting skill players were backups at one point (Salanoa and Griebel are the only starters left from fall camp). Bleskin said, "It's just the next man up. Around here the next man up is pretty good."

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Can't say enough about our offensive line. if we are to win next week they will be the difference makers. Down starting WR's, starting running back or two today, starting QB and still pull out the win against a quality opponent. Big win...

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 pm

bpcats20 wrote:Can't say enough about our offensive line. if we are to win next week they will be the difference makers. Down starting WR's, starting running back or two today, starting QB and still pull out the win against a quality opponent. Big win...
After two seasons of scrutiny, I'll say this: Montana State has the best offensive line in the Big Sky of the teams I've seen...on par or better than EWU, ISU or Cal Poly. A really cohesive, bruising unit. Definitely the players of the game today. I love offensive linemen.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:Can't say enough about our offensive line. if we are to win next week they will be the difference makers. Down starting WR's, starting running back or two today, starting QB and still pull out the win against a quality opponent. Big win...
After two seasons of scrutiny, I'll say this: Montana State has the best offensive line in the Big Sky of the teams I've seen...on par or better than EWU, ISU or Cal Poly. A really cohesive, bruising unit. Definitely the players of the game today. I love offensive linemen.
They are just so fundamentally sound.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:27 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
I think the MSU OL is a big reason the numerous backups are able to be successful.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Montanan by birth,
Bobcat by the grace of God!

Can't say how proud I am of all our boys, but especially for our MT boys.

State Championship is next Saturday.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:09 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
And they were the ones I was worried about coming into the season with the uncertainty of whether Horn or Eekoff Would start and then Godoeke going down.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN