'Coop' returns to Bozeman as a Bobcat opponent (FREE)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

'Coop' returns to Bozeman as a Bobcat opponent (FREE)

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Roger Cooper, the 2004 Big Sky Defensive MVP for Montana State, is now the defensive coordinator at Idaho State as the Bengals make their way to Bozeman for Saturday's first-place showdown.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: 'Coop' returns to Bozeman as a Bobcat opponent (FREE)

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:29 pm

I really enjoy this as it speaks to the thought that once an individual leaves school, their allegiance belongs to their employer. Vince Dooley was the second coach I knew of who switched sides during his coaching career (he played both basketball and football for Auburn). The first two I'm kind of familiar with was Sam Jankovich who played for that other school before becoming such an outstanding Athletic Director and was Jim Sweeney's QB coach at MSU. Didn't really know Mick Dennehey during his time at MSU.

Surprised you didn't write page after page about Troxel and Ferriter... :lol:

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 'Coop' returns to Bozeman as a Bobcat opponent (FREE)

Post by lutecat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Rodger Cooper once talked me into letting him and some recruits into a party we threw. Now that I think about it I'm curious who the recruits would have been. Did I have a hand in bringing in some Bobcat greats? I'll just go with yes.

I'm excited for this game and the ties ISU has to MSU really add to the whole anticipation.