MSU offense took another hit when Johnson pulled up lame

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

MSU offense took another hit when Johnson pulled up lame

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 am

Defenses have focused on limiting big plays in recent weeks. Johnson's pulled hamstring doesn't help the Bobcats.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: MSU offense took another hit when Johnson pulled up lame

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 am

That last sentence is what we expected to happen last week too, coach.

Colter, of all our games this season, how many opening drives of a game or the 2nd half, have resulted in a td? What's that percentage?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:51 am

Yep, can't play ball control until we have the lead with the team we have. I'm glad he gets it, just a week too late.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:55 am

94VegasCat wrote:That last sentence is what we expected to happen last week too, coach.

Colter, of all our games this season, how many opening drives of a game or the 2nd half, have resulted in a td? What's that percentage?
You can look that up at the BSC site or ESPN. No need to ask Colter to do it.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:24 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:That last sentence is what we expected to happen last week too, coach.

You can look that up at the BSC site or ESPN. No need to ask Colter to do it.
Montana State's first drive of the season against Arkansas State resulted in a punt. The opening drive of the second half against ASU resulted in a field goal.

Against Black Hills, MSU scored on a 60-yard Prukop TD run on its first possession and saw the first possession of the 2nd half end in a missed FG.

Against Central Arkansas, MSU marched 79 yards in 14 plays for a touchdown. The second half began with an MSU punt.

MSU's first possession against EWU ended ina 32-yard Tanner Roderick TD. MSU executed a 15-play, 80-yard drive to begin the second half.

Against UND, the first possession of the first half ended in a punt and the first possession of the second half, MSU turned it over on downs.

Against Sac, Prukop threw a pick-6 on the first possession. On MSU's first possession of the second half, the Bobcats drove 98 yards in nine plays for a TD.

Against UC Davis, MSU scored on all its first half possessions and punted once - following the first possession of the second half.

Against Weber, the game's first possession ended in a missed field goal. The second half began when Shawn Johnson took an option pitch 63 yards for a TD.

MSU's first possession against Cal Poly ended in a punt despite a 15-yard run by Shawn Johnson and a 17-yard catch by Tiai Salanoa. MSU answered Cal Poly's second-half opening TD drive with a TD drive of its own.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Sorry for the laziness [cat]s but I'll attribute it to a full time job.

So by Colters work, we an see the the DC at UND is the only team we didn't score on, in opening possessions. Too bad our DC didn't get that job. I wonder if our DC sees how effective making adjustments against MSU is?

My point in asking is relative to preparation and in game adjustments. I'm guessing we script a series of plays for each half. I fully in belief that Cramsey will out coach our remaining opponents with the griz possibly being a question mark. With the remaining healthy bodies we have, I think we'll plan to our strengths and be just fine until SJ gets back.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Sorry for the laziness [cat]s but I'll attribute it to a full time job.

So by Colters work, we an see the the DC at UND is the only team we didn't score on, in opening possessions. Too bad our DC didn't get that job. I wonder if our DC sees how effective making adjustments against MSU is?

My point in asking is relative to preparation and in game adjustments. I'm guessing we script a series of plays for each half. I fully in belief that Cramsey will out coach our remaining opponents with the griz possibly being a question mark. With the remaining healthy bodies we have, I think we'll plan to our strengths and be just fine until SJ gets back.
We were going into a stiff 25 mph win in the first quarter vs UND. Also had a bad snap lose 19 yards and kill our first drive. Broke out with 23 points with wind in second quarter. Had the wind in the third, but with 19 point lead we wentvfor it on fourth and one and failed. Next possession we had a drop on second and 1 and then lost a yard on third.