Dominant drive lifts Mustangs past 'Cats, into 1st place (FR

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Dominant drive lifts Mustangs past 'Cats, into 1st place (FR

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 am

Cal Poly mounts 17-play, 80-yard drive that chews up more than eight minutes to seal 35-27 win over Montana State.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dominant drive lifts Mustangs past 'Cats, into 1st place

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I was disappointed in MSU's performance. An extra week to prepare, Poly coming off an emotional game, the memory of Cliff Hysell to draw inspiration from, and the chance to send a message to not only the nation, but the MSU fans. I predicted this game as a loss last summer, but after considering all that listed above I felt they'd come away with a win.

About the only positive I've seen so far is this quote:
“We still have a chance to win this conference, we are going to make the playoffs and once we get there, we will make noise,” (Gunnar) Brekke said. “We will bounce back from this.”
Brekke's words put out a confident persona. His quote is what I would expect from of a leader showing confidence and intensity. I think MSU needs more of that talk and less about how good the other team is. It's good to show respect, but sometimes everyone starts to believe the other team is really as good as the Bobcats are building them up to be.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:28 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I was disappointed in MSU's performance. An extra week to prepare, Poly coming off an emotional game, the memory of Cliff Hysell to draw inspiration from, and the chance to send a message to not only the nation, but the MSU fans. I predicted this game as a loss last summer, but after considering all that listed above I felt they'd come away with a win.

“We still have a chance to win this conference, we are going to make the playoffs and once we get there, we will make noise,” (Gunnar) Brekke said. “We will bounce back from this.”
Brekke's words put out a confident persona. His quote is what I would expect from of a leader showing confidence and intensity. I think MSU needs more of that talk and less about how good the other team is. It's good to show respect, but sometimes everyone starts to believe the other team is really as good as the Bobcats are building them up to be.
Well put Tom, focus more on themselves and what they can do and less about what the opponent can do.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:41 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I was disappointed in MSU's performance. An extra week to prepare, Poly coming off an emotional game, the memory of Cliff Hysell to draw inspiration from, and the chance to send a message to not only the nation, but the MSU fans. I predicted this game as a loss last summer, but after considering all that listed above I felt they'd come away with a win.

Well put Tom, focus more on themselves and what they can do and less about what the opponent can do.
Yes. Mainly the focus on themselves part. Sure, it's good to study the opponent, but that should only serve to hone in your focus, not be a distration or cause you to second guess. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I know it has an effect on me as an onlooker.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber