A breakdown of Big Sky football as November begins (FREE)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

A breakdown of Big Sky football as November begins (FREE)

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 pm

With four weeks to play, Montana State sits atop the Big Sky with an unblemished 4-0 record, but five teams enter November with just one Big Sky loss.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: A breakdown of Big Sky football as November begins (FREE

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:54 pm

How DARE you pick CP! ;)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:03 pm

CatBlitz wrote:How DARE you pick CP! ;)

...but I liked his picks for the last week of the season!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:10 pm

vike_king wrote:

...but I liked his picks for the last week of the season!
Sort of makes up for it... :coffee:

;)

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

The game this weekend is so hard to predict, and will probably be won with the turnover battle and/or penalties. If we can create an early extra possession somewhere, we'll have a good chance to play from ahead and win. If we get behind, could be a long second half. Just my $.02.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:45 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:The game this weekend is so hard to predict, and will probably be won with the turnover battle and/or penalties. If we can create an early extra possession somewhere, we'll have a good chance to play from ahead and win. If we get behind, could be a long second half. Just my $.02.
If wet get behind, it's going to be a shootout. Their D isn't as good as some think.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:04 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:The game this weekend is so hard to predict, and will probably be won with the turnover battle and/or penalties. If we can create an early extra possession somewhere, we'll have a good chance to play from ahead and win. If we get behind, could be a long second half. Just my $.02.
If wet get behind, it's going to be a shootout. Their D isn't as good as some think.
Cats D plays their best game of the year. D-line has too much pride and our LB's Light it Up!!!!! We win 42-24.....

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Agreed, they looked decent saturday playing with the lead in the 2nd half, but the griz oline is not good, and they are so un-imaginative on offense. Um did have some success throwing on them (which would beg the question why they didn't throw it more), so i do think we'll be able to score. Man the way they can run it does make a guy worry a little though! I think we win, maybe lower scoring than our other cali trips? Something like 34-24?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Agreed, they looked decent saturday playing with the lead in the 2nd half, but the griz oline is not good, and they are so un-imaginative on offense. Um did have some success throwing on them (which would beg the question why they didn't throw it more), so i do think we'll be able to score. Man the way they can run it does make a guy worry a little though! I think we win, maybe lower scoring than our other cali trips? Something like 34-24?
I just have to think that Dakota and crew are chomping at the bit to get back out there after a bye, and before that a game where the offense didn't click that well, and get back to displaying the high powered offense that we were seeing out there.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
I am not sold that CP defense looks that great, thy have a pretty good LB and their DL looked ok against what may be the worst OL in the league, their secondary was in zone a lot. I thin that Dk being very mobile and fast, a far better OL and our option style will force them to respect the run so much that our receivers will be open all day.

We will get some stops on D, but they will have some big plays too, I see us winning but a fairly high scoring game

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

catman50
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by catman50 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:48 pm

we all make mistakes, Colter is no exception :)