SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Fa'anono steps up against Weber (FREE)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Fa'anono steps up against Weber (FREE)

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Freshman thrives, run game dominates, simple mistakes cost Weber again.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Fa'anono steps up against Weber (FREE)

Post by Walk-on » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 am

Interesting article, especially the quotes from WSU coach, Jay Hill. He stated that their defense was well prepared against the Bobcat offense and that they always knew "what was coming". My group and I pondered that very thing while watching. Seemed they were not fooled by our smoke and mirrors offense. They mostly had guys in the right spot to make the play. I would really like to hear our coaches comment on these statements. Is it cause for concern? What was their defense's positional reads/cues and responsibilities? Can we disguise our approach better; eliminate obvious cues? It could lead to another 2nd half slump if the proverbial cat (Bobcat) is out of the bag.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am

Walk-on wrote:Interesting article, especially the quotes from WSU coach, Jay Hill. He stated that their defense was well prepared against the Bobcat offense and that they always knew "what was coming". My group and I pondered that very thing while watching. Seemed they were not fooled by our smoke and mirrors offense. They mostly had guys in the right spot to make the play. I would really like to hear our coaches comment on these statements. Is it cause for concern? What was their defense's positional reads/cues and responsibilities? Can we disguise our approach better; eliminate obvious cues? It could lead to another 2nd half slump if the proverbial cat (Bobcat) is out of the bag.
Another way to look at it and I know it's hard for some. They knew what was coming yet we still rushed for more yards than any team that they have played.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:48 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:Interesting article, especially the quotes from WSU coach, Jay Hill. He stated that their defense was well prepared against the Bobcat offense and that they always knew "what was coming". My group and I pondered that very thing while watching. Seemed they were not fooled by our smoke and mirrors offense. They mostly had guys in the right spot to make the play. I would really like to hear our coaches comment on these statements. Is it cause for concern? What was their defense's positional reads/cues and responsibilities? Can we disguise our approach better; eliminate obvious cues? It could lead to another 2nd half slump if the proverbial cat (Bobcat) is out of the bag.
Another way to look at it and I know it's hard for some. They knew what was coming yet we still rushed for more yards than any team that they have played.
Sorry. I assumed the obvious was implied. Coach Hill also stated in this article how they let down.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire