PODCAST: Cody Kempt, Weber State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

PODCAST: Cody Kempt, Weber State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Montana State's first-year wide receivers coach talks about the progress of his group and what MSU expects this week against Weber State. Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: PODCAST: Cody Kempt, Weber State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Coach Kempt was my guest on my Bobcat Roundtable radio show this week. He had some great things to say. I'll post it tomorrow. In the mean time, he had some good things to say about his young group at the press conference as well. I figured I'd share the audio.

This quote really stood out to me:
“The majority of the guys in our room are very young,” Kempt said. “They have to balance school, football, the dorms, living away from their parents, not having their parents do their laundry for them and make their meals and get them milk when they need milk. I’m extremely hard on these guys. I have very high standards and expectations and I never let up. You can’t allow young players, you can’t give them any leeway to go one way or the other. You basically have to adapt and beat into their minds the program, how the program is run and this is what it means to be a Bobcat. You have to live the Bobcat life, you have to do it the Bobcat way. I think preaching the Bobcat way to them every single day and staying on top of them about, ‘hey, did you do your to-do list today? What classes do you have today? When is that assignment due? When is your next test?’ I try to send them text messages throughout the day to make sure they are taking care of their stuff. They come in extra and we watch film. We go over the playbook together. It’s my job as a coach to make them have an easy, smooth transition into college and it’s our job to prepare them for life after football. This is just a small step. They’ve taken a huge leap of faith and their parents too to come here and believe and trust us that we are going to take great care of them and we are going to prepare them to be great husbands, great fathers, great citizens. It starts now, working with them to instill discipline and those little things the minute they step on campus in August.”

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: PODCAST: Cody Kempt, Weber State

Post by NewEra » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Coach Kempt was my guest on my Bobcat Roundtable radio show this week. He had some great things to say. I'll post it tomorrow. In the mean time, he had some good things to say about his young group at the press conference as well. I figured I'd share the audio.

This quote really stood out to me:
“The majority of the guys in our room are very young,” Kempt said. “They have to balance school, football, the dorms, living away from their parents, not having their parents do their laundry for them and make their meals and get them milk when they need milk. I’m extremely hard on these guys. I have very high standards and expectations and I never let up. You can’t allow young players, you can’t give them any leeway to go one way or the other. You basically have to adapt and beat into their minds the program, how the program is run and this is what it means to be a Bobcat. You have to live the Bobcat life, you have to do it the Bobcat way. I think preaching the Bobcat way to them every single day and staying on top of them about, ‘hey, did you do your to-do list today? What classes do you have today? When is that assignment due? When is your next test?’ I try to send them text messages throughout the day to make sure they are taking care of their stuff. They come in extra and we watch film. We go over the playbook together. It’s my job as a coach to make them have an easy, smooth transition into college and it’s our job to prepare them for life after football. This is just a small step. They’ve taken a huge leap of faith and their parents too to come here and believe and trust us that we are going to take great care of them and we are going to prepare them to be great husbands, great fathers, great citizens. It starts now, working with them to instill discipline and those little things the minute they step on campus in August.”
Love that ^ Kempt has really been an impressive figure within the coaching group.