WR Brian Flotkoetter is done for the season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

WR Brian Flotkoetter is done for the season

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Senior will have career-ending surgery.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WR Brian Flotkoetter is done for the season

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:49 pm

This is really too bad. Promising this year and a great career!

He had several critical plays in Mazzola torching the Griz two years ago - watched it live.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Tough break for Brian.

That makes five WRs since spring ball that are out for the season. Dash, Davis, Davis, Flotkoetter, and Kalfell.

Remaining WRs on the on-line roster are Gates, Griebel, Herbert, Krolick, Paige, Roderick (missed UND with injury), and Stanton. Red-shirting are D'Agostino, Mahlum and Sullivan.

Players that could be plucked from other positions are RBs Brekke and Johnson (bring LaSane into rotation at RB), Austin Barth, and Quinn McQueary, who I hear was taking snaps at WR last week.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Mother F'er!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:38 pm

That sucks, really bummed to hear this. I always liked him as a WR and as I recall I think he had a few pretty good games against the Griz too.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 am

Can he get a medical RS or would he have to be at a school like FSU or Alabama for that to be granted?...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:50 am

Too bad for him! Senior year and you go out like that at the end of a game, terrible. Hope he gets well and has no lasting issues with it.

robgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by robgriz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:49 am

Very sorry to hear this. Seems a great young man. Prayers to him.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am

Sad indeed. My best regards to Brian and best wishes for a bright future. I'm glad you're a Bobcat Brian!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 am

Bummer for him, gotta feel bad. Hope he fully recovers!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 pm

CatBlitz wrote:Can he get a medical RS or would he have to be at a school like FSU or Alabama for that to be granted?...

I remember some of the UM players getting medical redshirts because they only played in 2-3 games to start the season. Don't think you need to play for a big school, but not sure how you get one. Besides, if Fullerton has any say in it, you can kiss that one goodbye.

Punters are people too!!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Flotkoetter missed games in 2012 and 2013 too. I believe he missed time last spring also. Those things will play into it. Missing time in multiple seasons is a factor.

Flotkoetter's situation is almost identical to that of Case Keenum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Keenum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Any ideas from Colter if a medial redshirt is an idea Flot is thinking about?

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:40 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:Any ideas from Colter if a medial redshirt is an idea Flot is thinking about?
He mentioned it in a story about Flotkoetter.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 pm

This sucks, he was set to have a big year, I was excited to see him play, nothing better than watching Montana kids play and make a name for themselves. I wish him nothing but the best in the future and thanks for being a Bobcat. He has the rest of the year to help get the younger guys ready to play.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Doubtful he gets a hardship. Bummer for him, he was just starting to become an excellent receiver.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:17 pm

He had his labrum operated on in the spring and hurt the same shoulder again EWU. If he has to have labrum surgery again, and I think he does, the chances of him getting back to full strength are very slim and the chances of suffering a detrimental injury that alters the rest of his life would be very high. In a case like this, I'm not sure a medical redshirt would be worth it.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:He had his labrum operated on in the spring and hurt the same shoulder again EWU. If he has to have labrum surgery again, and I think he does, the chances of him getting back to full strength are very slim and the chances of suffering a detrimental injury that alters the rest of his life would be very high. In a case like this, I'm not sure a medical redshirt would be worth it.

That's too bad. Hate to see that happen. He was a well respected player for the Bobcats, at least in my estimation. Hate to see any playing career end in an injury. All the best and a full recovery, regardless of any returning to the sports arena.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Tough break for Brian.

That makes five WRs since spring ball that are out for the season. Dash, Davis, Davis, Flotkoetter, and Kalfell.

Remaining WRs on the on-line roster are Gates, Griebel, Herbert, Krolick, Paige, Roderick (missed UND with injury), and Stanton. Red-shirting are D'Agostino, Mahlum and Sullivan.

Players that could be plucked from other positions are RBs Brekke and Johnson (bring LaSane into rotation at RB), Austin Barth, and Quinn McQueary, who I hear was taking snaps at WR last week.
UGH... Well at least the poor kid with get a quality education out of the deal. That hit was crushing, I figured he broke his collar bone. Bolton has been to clutch in punting, but I'd love to see him run routes! he's got some wheels :yes:

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm

WyomingGrizFan wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:He had his labrum operated on in the spring and hurt the same shoulder again EWU. If he has to have labrum surgery again, and I think he does, the chances of him getting back to full strength are very slim and the chances of suffering a detrimental injury that alters the rest of his life would be very high. In a case like this, I'm not sure a medical redshirt would be worth it.

That's too bad. Hate to see that happen. He was a well respected player for the Bobcats, at least in my estimation. Hate to see any playing career end in an injury. All the best and a full recovery, regardless of any returning to the sports arena.
Gotta really feel sorry for the kid in his senior year just as he was set (and has now proven) that he could be a huge difference maker receiving. He will also be missed for his maturity in blocking as a receiver (which our experience seems to be taking a hit on this year).

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!