Adams comes up in clutch again, guides EWU to 52-51 win (FRE

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Adams comes up in clutch again, guides EWU to 52-51 win (FRE

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Eastern Washington quarterback converts key fourth down, scores two-point conversion to lift Eagles to win late.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Adams comes up in clutch again, guides EWU to 52-51 win

Post by tagleason » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 am

After reading Colter's article I found myself reassured that you would have to look far and wide to find a more classless arrogant jerk than "Big Play VA". Too bad in some ways because he has a pretty good supporting cast to lean on. His response to pressure was pretty telling to me. This is one of those games where the officiating very well could have changed the game. A couple SERIOUSLY blown placements by the linesman, mystery personal fowls, and apparently saddling up and tackling defensive lineman is not holding in the Big Sky. (Sacks or throws under even more duress?) there might be a reason bsc officials grade out at or near the BOTTOM of ALL college football every year. There is no pre-game analysis for player penalty tendencies, obviously no post game self or league assessments of any meaningful measure. My bro who just retired after 20 years in the CAA will tell you their games are a 3 1/2 day affair starting on Thursday night. He did about 15 years varsity high school and DII before getting hired. (About 5 and 10 respectively.) Where do these guys come from?! One game at Beach North Dakota JV? (NO offense Beach. Kind of a back door compliment I hope!). No FCS or lower college official is in it for the money. There isn't any. These guys love the game and want to improve every game for their sake and for the integrity of the game. If you are happy with mediocrity or incapable of keeping up with the game go home. Did I mention Adams?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:57 am

After watching my recording of Griz/NDSU it still boggles me there is no replay in BSC. There were some very close calls in HUGE situations, replay might not have overturned but at least given another look in slo-mo.

Again, can't believe some thought EWU would handle Arky St

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:16 am

There are not television capabilities at all the facilities hence no ability to provide the footage and angles. Supposedly it is coming. I agree with what I think you are saying though that it should be a bsc requirement to have those capabilities. I know some teams have different resource abilities etc etc (read attendance) but is that whole run with the big dogs thing a consideration too? Just asking.

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:46 am

tagleason wrote:After reading Colter's article I found myself reassured that you would have to look far and wide to find a more classless arrogant jerk than VA
FFS dude. Because he made a "shh" sign at the crowd? You should be proud that you stadium made that much noise rather than crying over celebration. :-({|=

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:39 am

Rjones61 wrote:
tagleason wrote:After reading Colter's article I found myself reassured that you would have to look far and wide to find a more classless arrogant jerk than VA
FFS dude. Because he made a "shh" sign at the crowd? You should be proud that you stadium made that much noise rather than crying over celebration. :-({|=

You can have him. I would like to think that our players would not do something like that but emotions run high. I personally am glad our players are not arrogant like some of the EWU players. You can be arrogant and not flaunt and still be good, EWU has players that flaunt it and I think that those actions are classless I saw a few different times they stand over a guy they knocked down, were in the face of the Cats after plays trying to get them riled up, after the whistle literally pushing the cat players, and on one punt return/kickoff return a EWU player actually took a swing, I couldn't believe he wasn't penalized and or ejected, and Forte on his touchdown in front of the south end zone, the way the ref acted and ran over to him sure made me think that he said something to the crowd. If the cats would have done that we would have gotten a flag and not a talking too from the refs.

More times than not Ash has his players disciplined, and not out of control. (Marino could be an interesting test to this from what I have heard on hear and I cant wait to watch him in person hopefully next weekend)

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:54 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:

You can have him. I would like to think that our players would not do something like that but emotions run high. I personally am glad our players are not arrogant like some of the EWU players. You can be arrogant and not flaunt and still be good, EWU has players that flaunt it and I think that those actions are classless I saw a few different times they stand over a guy they knocked down, were in the face of the Cats after plays trying to get them riled up, after the whistle literally pushing the cat players, and on one punt return/kickoff return a EWU player actually took a swing, I couldn't believe he wasn't penalized and or ejected, and Forte on his touchdown in front of the south end zone, the way the ref acted and ran over to him sure made me think that he said something to the crowd. If the cats would have done that we would have gotten a flag and not a talking too from the refs.

More times than not Ash has his players disciplined, and not out of control. (Marino could be an interesting test to this from what I have heard on hear and I cant wait to watch him in person hopefully next weekend)
You mean like when a bobcat play pushed Forte over the barriers on the sidelines?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:

You mean like when a bobcat play pushed Forte over the barriers on the sidelines?
Quit skewing it with your words. It was late, yes, but he had barely gotten a foot down when it happened. Don't act like he was 3 steps into the soft padded barriers already when he got hit. Like I said, it was a penalty but it wasn't that bad.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:

Continuation of the play... stupid move, but definitely not taunting and he will hear about that if it hasn't already been said! Different issues entirely.

On a side note, I personally don't have a problem with the taunting, I kind of like it as a matter of fact. So, good on VA and Forte, too bad we have to wait until the playoffs to return the favors!!! 8)

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:03 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Quit skewing it with your words. It was late, yes, but he had barely gotten a foot down when it happened. Don't act like he was 3 steps into the soft padded barriers already when he got hit. Like I said, it was a penalty but it wasn't that bad.

You're thinking of the wrong time it happened. Yes, it happened twice. The first time was excusable, but the second time the camera put many replays on it. The bobcat player kept driving, kept driving, then shoved. He put his hands up in the air as if he didn't do anything, but it was clearly intentional.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

You're thinking of the wrong time it happened. Yes, it happened twice. The first time was excusable, but the second time the camera put many replays on it. The bobcat player kept driving, kept driving, then shoved. He put his hands up in the air as if he didn't do anything, but it was clearly intentional.
I'd have to go back and look. I don't remember that one off the top of my head. When was it?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I'd have to go back and look. I don't remember that one off the top of my head. When was it?
Some time in the second half. I believe it was in the third quarter, but I can't remember for sure.

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:14 pm

catsrback76 wrote: On a side note, I personally don't have a problem with the taunting, I kind of like it as a matter of fact. So, good on VA and Forte, too bad we have to wait until the playoffs to return the favors!!! 8)

Agreed, it never upsets me when the other team taunts. It's just a part of the fire which lights up in football players. The thing that riles me up is football players working to injure one another which I didn't see from either side of the ball. Just a little chipiness. I have a lot of respect for the MSU program and how their players conduct themselves.

ewuranger29
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ewuranger29 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:33 pm

tagleason wrote:After reading Colter's article I found myself reassured that you would have to look far and wide to find a more classless arrogant jerk than "Big Play VA". Too bad in some ways because he has a pretty good supporting cast to lean on. His response to pressure was pretty telling to me. This is one of those games where the officiating very well could have changed the game. A couple SERIOUSLY blown placements by the linesman, mystery personal fowls, and apparently saddling up and tackling defensive lineman is not holding in the Big Sky. (Sacks or throws under even more duress?) there might be a reason bsc officials grade out at or near the BOTTOM of ALL college football every year. There is no pre-game analysis for player penalty tendencies, obviously no post game self or league assessments of any meaningful measure. My bro who just retired after 20 years in the CAA will tell you their games are a 3 1/2 day affair starting on Thursday night. He did about 15 years varsity high school and DII before getting hired. (About 5 and 10 respectively.) Where do these guys come from?! One game at Beach North Dakota JV? (NO offense Beach. Kind of a back door compliment I hope!). No FCS or lower college official is in it for the money. There isn't any. These guys love the game and want to improve every game for their sake and for the integrity of the game. If you are happy with mediocrity or incapable of keeping up with the game go home. Did I mention Adams?
The first part of your post is kind of an embarrassment to Bobcat fans. There were bad calls that were made on both side of the ball. There was smack talk on both sides of the ball. Take your blinders off, and recognize this game for what it was - an instant Big Sky Classic. One team just made one more play than the other; that's it.

As far as Adams "response to pressure"...umm...did you watch the same game I did? He played horribly in the first half, then turned it around in the second half and made the game winning play. If that's not handling adversity well, I'm not sure what is. You're free to dislike him if you want, but it doesn't really matter. He's a winner and a great young man.

What's telling is your myopic point of view on this game (blaming refs, etc). Very poor form.

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Thought I was clear. I was talking about BSC officiating and not just EWU-MSU games. They don't appear to be well trained and not very experienced with the speed of the game. Doesn't make them bad guys but I HATE to say it but games are being influenced IMO. By the way... Riding a ball carrier out of bounds in the heat of the moment and GETTING A PERSONAL FOUL is kinda different than end zone and sideline taunting,and multiple sack saving holds not called are really two different conversations.

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:21 pm

tagleason wrote:Thought I was clear. I was talking about BSC officiating and not just EWU-MSU games. They don't appear to be well trained and not very experienced with the speed of the game. Doesn't make them bad guys but I HATE to say it but games are being influenced IMO. By the way... Riding a ball carrier out of bounds in the heat of the moment and GETTING A PERSONAL FOUL is kinda different than end zone and sideline taunting,and multiple sack saving holds not called are really two different conversations.
Or you know... calling a P.I. before the ball is in the air. There was taunting all the way around. Seriously, stop. Just stop before you embarass yourself.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
tagleason wrote:Thought I was clear. I was talking about BSC officiating and not just EWU-MSU games. They don't appear to be well trained and not very experienced with the speed of the game. Doesn't make them bad guys but I HATE to say it but games are being influenced IMO. By the way... Riding a ball carrier out of bounds in the heat of the moment and GETTING A PERSONAL FOUL is kinda different than end zone and sideline taunting,and multiple sack saving holds not called are really two different conversations.
Or you know... calling a P.I. before the ball is in the air. There was taunting all the way around. Seriously, stop. Just stop before you embarass yourself.
Why don't you head over to the limericks thread and bust a rhyme, RJ.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Ok Mom.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Some time in the second half. I believe it was in the third quarter, but I can't remember for sure.
You're absolutely right. The first one, on Garcia, shouldn't have been flagged IMO (it was close). The second one on Keeton was on the drive after MSU failed on the first 4th down attempt. It was a huge call and an extremely dumb penalty on him.

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catsack » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:13 pm

You could holding every play of the game if they realy wanted to , wouldn't that be fun to watch! Probably should have targeting on first late hit out of bounds helmet to chin!