GAME PREVIEW: Central Arkansas at No. 17 Montana State (FREE

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

GAME PREVIEW: Central Arkansas at No. 17 Montana State (FREE

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:16 am

Both teams expecting playoff-like atmosphere today at Bobcat Stadium.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: GAME PREVIEW: Central Arkansas at No. 17 Montana State (

Post by gtapp » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:30 am

One of the things I like about Ash is his ability and willingness to adjust his recruiting philosophy to meet team needs. We played Southland Conf teams 4 times in 2011 and 2012 (Sam Houston twice and SF Austin twice). We lost 3 of those 4 games and gave up a lot of points in all 4 games. I think Ash saw the difference in speed and that coupled with what EWU was doing realized he needed to upgrade the speed on the team. The last 2 recruiting classes have had a lot of speed. I think we are still a year or 2 away (or 1 or 2 recruiting classes away) from having the kind of speed they have in the Southland Conf. I think we will struggle again today with CAU's speed. I think we will wear down in the second half and lose this game. I hope I am wrong and if I am that bodes well for next weeks game against EWU.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: GAME PREVIEW: Central Arkansas at No. 17 Montana State (

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:11 am

gtapp wrote:One of the things I like about Ash is his ability and willingness to adjust his recruiting philosophy to meet team needs. We played Southland Conf teams 4 times in 2011 and 2012 (Sam Houston twice and SF Austin twice). We lost 3 of those 4 games and gave up a lot of points in all 4 games. I think Ash saw the difference in speed and that coupled with what EWU was doing realized he needed to upgrade the speed on the team. The last 2 recruiting classes have had a lot of speed. I think we are still a year or 2 away (or 1 or 2 recruiting classes away) from having the kind of speed they have in the Southland Conf. I think we will struggle again today with CAU's speed. I think we will wear down in the second half and lose this game. I hope I am wrong and if I am that bodes well for next weeks game against EWU.
Super glad you were wrong on this one!! \:D/

Great time to be a BOBCAT!