"Dak Live", Bobcats run wild on Black Hills State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

"Dak Live", Bobcats run wild on Black Hills State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:31 am

Prukop totals 353 total yards in the first half of MSU's 57-10 win.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edit

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re:

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:49 am

Great article!
"There were a ton of firsts tonight, and that's what kids want!" Great quote!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Re:

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:02 am

catsrback76 wrote:Great article!
The thing that stood out the most at the press conference was how everyone that came in (Na'a, Keeton, Brekke, Prukop and Ash) commented on how great it was to see everyone get to play and recognize them for their hard work. Ash and Prukop described a very happy lockerroom next door. Saying that they go to all the meeting, workouts, practices and work just as hard as anyone else, but rarely get on the field.

I don't care what Division II team you're playing, you run for 176 and pass for 177 totalling five TDs in the process in just one half, you played great. But even better than those numbers, was the style in they were compiled. Prukop broke tackles, displayed deft moves, flashed great speed and throwing accuracy.

I went into the game thinking MSU would have a tough time scoring four TDs strictly via its offense and that the defense would be completely dominate from the start. I was waaay off. #-o

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re:

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:03 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:Great article!
The thing that stood out the most at the press conference was how everyone that came in (Na'a, Keeton, Brekke, Prukop and Ash) commented on how great it was to see everyone get to play and recognize them for their hard work. Ash and Prukop described a very happy lockerroom next door. Saying that they go to all the meeting, workouts, practices and work just as hard as anyone else, but rarely get on the field.

I don't care what Division II team you're playing, you run for 176 and pass for 177 totalling five TDs in the process in just one half, you played great. But even better than those numbers, was the style in they were compiled. Prukop broke tackles, displayed deft moves, flashed great speed and throwing accuracy.

I went into the game thinking MSU would have a tough time scoring four TDs strictly via its offense and that the defense would be completely dominate from the start. I was waaay off. #-o
Here's two quotes pertaining to Tom's point about the players being excited that didn't make it into my gamer or Sunday Notebook:

“We all put in a lot of work, so when they get in, they want to make the most of their chances and when they do, it makes me super happy,” said MSU sophomore running back Gunnar Brekke.

“Especially on the sideline, you see younger players who first get the opportunity to go out there and get real live game reps,” said MSU senior captain Na'a Moeakiola. “It’s cool to see.”

Here's a quote from Bryson Keeton about his first game at Bobcat Stadium:

“It was a good atmosphere, a great atmosphere really with the stands packed and everybody on their feet,” Keeton said. “Everyone is yelling and screaming and third down comes and everyone was getting crazy. The guys told me this was a great atmosphere for the home games and I was really pleased with the experience.”

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: "Dak Live", Bobcats run wild on Black Hills State

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I'd like to see what Keeton thinks about the atmosphere after the next game

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re:

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:48 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:I'd like to see what Keeton thinks about the atmosphere after the next game
That's what I was thinking. Not that last night was bad but I think this thing crescendoing. UCA will be more and EWU will be much much more.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: "Dak Live", Bobcats run wild on Black Hills State

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:I'd like to see what Keeton thinks about the atmosphere after the next game
That's what I was thinking. Not that last night was bad but I think this thing crescendoing. UCA will be more and EWU will be much much more.
Well....

I didn't bring my A game. I left the cowbell in the truck and I can talk today. :shrug: