POSITION GROUP SERIES: 'Cats want to forge their own identit

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

POSITION GROUP SERIES: 'Cats want to forge their own identit

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Editor's note: This is the final installment in a 10-part series looking at the Montana State Bobcats. This installment looks at the team as a whole.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: POSITION GROUP SERIES: 'Cats want to forge their own ide

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:52 pm

With the quotes in this story, I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a single comment.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:With the quotes in this story, I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a single comment.

You must not have pissed anybody off :lol:

I thought it was another very informative article. I did find the info. about the captains very intriguing in light of some postings about how there was some "separation" on last years team.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:With the quotes in this story, I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a single comment.

You must not have pissed anybody off :lol:

I thought it was another very informative article. I did find the info. about the captains very intriguing in light of some postings about how there was some "separation" on last years team.
I noticed that too. I try not to talk too much about your articles because then it lets some people that don't subscribe know what your article is about. BUT I forgot it was a free story. I found the quote about the team and the captains not being "as clicky (cliquey?)" this year and I think we may have found some of the dysfunction from last years team. Sounds like this years team captains and the team as a whole are pretty tight and will support each other.

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 pm

With all these free articles I'm wondering what I paid for. :wink: Good article. I hadn't paid the captain situation no mind until you spelled it out in front of me. Not surprised at all that there are no Montanans on there. Proves Montanans are not above anybody else. It's important for qualified Montanans to be on the team, but it's nice that captains are picked by peers for their leadership.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:15 am

1) this isn't all that uncommon and is probably the norm on most sports teams and workplaces.
2) if we hadn't had all the injuries and we still went 7-5 it'd be more noteworthy.
3) you've been hinting about this since last winter, so it lost what little shock value it had.
4) small college and amateur sports don't have the same kind of fans as pro sports.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:27 am

I went back and reread the article after the team has three games under their belt this season and this is my take on it.

I was going to list the quotes that that stood out to me but there were too many. In general the ones I selected talked about everyone counting, all needing to do their part, no cliques or separateness so everyone is part of the team, keeping fun in the game, being able to relate to the captains and their background. It takes more than talking about team to build team and more than just listening to hear someone - this team has been able to do that throughout the off-season, spring camp, and this fall.

Colter I think you did an excellent job of conveying to me what went wrong last year (aside from injuries), by telling us about the team that is still emerging this year as opposed to any comments about anyone last year.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!