Switch-hitting Flynn hopes to transition to LG seemlessly

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Switch-hitting Flynn hopes to transition to LG seemlessly

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Sophomore earned All-Big Sky honors on the right side in 2013.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

IA_CAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Switch-hitting Flynn hopes to transition to LG seemlessl

Post by IA_CAT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Question for Colter...

Did they give you any indication as to why Catalano wasn't the one making the move to LG, leaving Flynn at the RG spot he already knows well? Seemed Catalano was set to be the most interchangeable player on the line anyways, set to play either RT or Center entering camp, and now he's at RG? I'm sure the coaches have their reasons, but just wondering if they mentioned why? It would seem better to just have 1 player vs. 2 prepping for a "new" position on the O-Line.

Doug Hammell
BQC Marketing Committee
BQC Website: https://www.msubqc.org/

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 pm

IA_CAT wrote:Question for Colter...

Did they give you any indication as to why Catalano wasn't the one making the move to LG, leaving Flynn at the RG spot he already knows well? Seemed Catalano was set to be the most interchangeable player on the line anyways, set to play either RT or Center entering camp, and now he's at RG? I'm sure the coaches have their reasons, but just wondering if they mentioned why? It would seem better to just have 1 player vs. 2 prepping for a "new" position on the O-Line.
I was wondering about that, too. My guess is that they like having Catalano between the two less experienced guys. It could also be that since Catalano played RG in 2012 he can learn that faster than he can learn LG. Or it could be both or something entirely different. I'm a big help, eh? :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Here's what Quinn told me when I asked him today:

“I’ve played center and right tackle last fall and this spring and he played left guard his redshirt year, so they were thinking if he played left guard less than a year ago, it was easier keeping me on the right side since I hadn’t played left tackle since my sophomore year. That was Coach Mac’s thought behind that.”

Quinn also told me of the five line positions, his best position is right guard.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Here's what Quinn told me when I asked him today:

“I’ve played center and right tackle last fall and this spring and he played left guard his redshirt year, so they were thinking if he played left guard less than a year ago, it was easier keeping me on the right side since I hadn’t played left tackle since my sophomore year. That was Coach Mac’s thought behind that.”

Quinn also told me of the five line positions, his best position is right guard.
Colter, can you do a two deep for the O Line, or the entire team for that matter? Maybe after Saturday after all the info is updated?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Flynn is a switch hitter :shock: :shock: :shock: not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol: :lol: :lol: