Big Sky Podcasts: Montana

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Big Sky Podcasts: Montana

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:44 pm

This is the 11th installment of a 13-part series previewing the Big Sky Conference football race with interviews recorded at the Big Sky Kickoff in Park City, Utah July 13-15. Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big Sky Podcasts: Montana

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I didn't listen to the whole thing, but I have just a few corrections/questions.

Henderson averaged 23.4, not 27 ypc. Not too far off.

JJ wasn't all that efficient in 2011 at 133.5 and fifth in the BSC.

UM lost to NAU, not UNC in 2012.

Schmaing might be on the team this fall.

You think UM might average 40 ppg? They averaged 37 last year, so I can't say you're going to be wrong, but UM swaps out OPSU for CWU; USD for USD is a wash and I think they'll pick up some points after only scoring 31 on them last year; UND for NDSU probably won't yield 55 points; and Appy State for Wyoming will be tough to match the 30 from that game. They also didn't have S. Utah on the schedule and EWU (they only had 17 with 10:00 to play) is a road game. They'll need to light it up against the rest.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Interesting that Mitch Herburt (or whatever his name is, the wr from Sheldon High in Oregon) wanted to be a Griz but just didn't get an offer.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Plainiac wrote:Interesting that Mitch Herburt (or whatever his name is, the wr from Sheldon High in Oregon) wanted to be a Griz but just didn't get an offer.
I didn't hear that part. You're more thorough than I. So. My good man Plainiac. What do you suppose happened? Did JJ's dad or uncle tell the Griz to steer clear of Herbert? That's what I tend to suspect until I get more info.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:06 pm

I also don't see the Griz averaging 40 ppg. With all of their offensive playmakers back, they'll score some points, no doubt about that. But I agree with Tom. The Griz schedule is brutal, and I don't see them putting up many on either Wyoming or NDSU (though both games are possible Griz wins).

According to the Missoulian/eGriz, Schmang is back which should help their offense a great deal. Starting 3 new OL isn't a recipe for success.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Plainiac wrote:Interesting that Mitch Herburt (or whatever his name is, the wr from Sheldon High in Oregon) wanted to be a Griz but just didn't get an offer.
I didn't hear that part. You're more thorough than I. So. My good man Plainiac. What do you suppose happened? Did JJ's dad or uncle tell the Griz to steer clear of Herbert? That's what I tend to suspect until I get more info.
Nah, nothing like that. It was just a question thrown out by Colter as sort of an aside towards the end of his interview with JJ. He asked JJ what he though of Herbert and JJ said he'll be a great player for you guys and thinks he'll probably get bigger (and he's already pretty big, right?). I'm sure the Griz would have been after him but seeing as how about half their draft class were wide recievers (or at least it seemed like it) they probably just didn't have the scholarship money. Colter mentioned that Herbert's dad ran track for the Griz.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Nah, nothing like that. It was just a question thrown out by Colter as sort of an aside towards the end of his interview with JJ. He asked JJ what he though of Herbert and JJ said he'll be a great player for you guys and thinks he'll probably get bigger (and he's already pretty big, right?). I'm sure the Griz would have been after him but seeing as how about half their draft class were wide recievers (or at least it seemed like it) they probably just didn't have the scholarship money. Colter mentioned that Herbert's dad ran track for the Griz.
That's the first non- douche bag post you've ever written on this board. Congrats! How'd that feel?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:50 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
That's the first non- douche bag post you've ever written on this board. Congrats! How'd that feel?
Oh come on! I think most of his posts are non-douche baggy. He was very serious this time though. I wonder what prompted that and I've never seen him write this kind of a response before. He almost always works in some humor.

toM StUber

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Felt kinda weird. :wink:

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Oh come on! I think most of his posts are non-douche baggy. He was very serious this time though. I wonder what prompted that and I've never seen him write this kind of a response before. He almost always works in some humor.
Dehydration. Haven't got into the beer yet.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:59 pm

Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Dehydration. Haven't got into the beer yet.
That's more like it. The Griz got Reese Carlson out of Gig Harbour, Wash. 6-4, 205 WR.

toM StUber

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 pm

How Carlson slipped through the fingers of the pac-12 is beyond me. He'll most likely leave for the draft after his junior year but not before leaving a serious dent in the Big Sky record books.

yep, I'm on the beer again. \:D/