Pitre learning right alongside young running backs

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Pitre learning right alongside young running backs

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:36 pm

First-year running backs coach mentoring young group of ball carriers.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Pitre learning right alongside young running backs

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Interesting quotes about how he evaluates.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:52 pm

What time does practice start on Thursday? I was thinking of going down there to watch it.

2024 Resume dominance

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:00 pm

When fall rolls around it is going to be one hell of a battle for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string spot at RB:

Shawn Johnson
Anthony Knight
Chad Newell
Gunnar Brekke
Cody Vitt
Nick LaSane
Brandan Davis

Also add in the incoming freshman and walk-on's... Not much in the experience department, but holy crap there are a lot of options to choose from!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Helcat72 wrote:What time does practice start on Thursday? I was thinking of going down there to watch it.
4 I beleive

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:47 pm

mslacatfan wrote:When fall rolls around it is going to be one hell of a battle for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string spot at RB:

Shawn Johnson
Anthony Knight
Chad Newell
Gunnar Brekke
Cody Vitt
Nick LaSane
Brandan Davis

Also add in the incoming freshman and walk-on's... Not much in the experience department, but holy crap there are a lot of options to choose from!
I like all the guys and look forward to a good battle, I am not sure I would say Knight has not much experience.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:What time does practice start on Thursday? I was thinking of going down there to watch it.
4 I beleive
Thanks

2024 Resume dominance

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 am

mslacatfan wrote:When fall rolls around it is going to be one hell of a battle for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string spot at RB:

Shawn Johnson
Anthony Knight
Chad Newell
Gunnar Brekke
Cody Vitt
Nick LaSane
Brandan Davis

How would everyone rank the running back battle right now? I would think, based off of Colter's analysis, that it would be:

1a. Anthony Knight
1b. Shawn Johnson
3. Gunnar Brekke
4. Nick LaSane

H-Back-Chad Newell

I'm interested to see what Tavon Dodd brings in the fall. However, with the stable of backs we have right now, I'd think he'd get redshirted. But you never know.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Shawn Johnson
Anthony Knight
Chad Newell
Gunnar Brekke
Cody Vitt
Nick LaSane
Brandan Davis

How would everyone rank the running back battle right now? I would think, based off of Colter's analysis, that it would be:

1a. Anthony Knight
1b. Shawn Johnson
3. Gunnar Brekke
4. Nick LaSane

H-Back-Chad Newell

I'm interested to see what Tavon Dodd brings in the fall. However, with the stable of backs we have right now, I'd think he'd get redshirted. But you never know.
Knight looks very formidable, but I gotta go with Johnson right now. We've never had a stable of backs this deep. I won't say the top three are as good as the Kirk, OD, Tray trifecta, but we go six deep easily and I have no problem seeing any of them out there.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Shawn Johnson
Anthony Knight
Chad Newell
Gunnar Brekke
Cody Vitt
Nick LaSane
Brandan Davis

1a. Anthony Knight
1b. Shawn Johnson
3. Gunnar Brekke
4. Nick LaSane

H-Back-Chad Newell

Knight looks very formidable, but I gotta go with Johnson right now. We've never had a stable of backs this deep. I won't say the top three are as good as the Kirk, OD, Tray trifecta, but we go six deep easily and I have no problem seeing any of them out there.
I don't think I would count out Cody Vitt. He seems deceivingly quick with his jump cuts and tends to make the defense miss even when they should have him in the back field. Its exciting to have that many different styles of backs bringing talent to the table.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

I think Davis would have jumped up the depth chart if he hadn't been injured this spring.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."