Dees move to DE just latest spat with adversity for 'Cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Dees move to DE just latest spat with adversity for 'Cats

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 am

Injuries, rough weather, attrition all part of these spring drills at Montana State.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dees move to DE just latest spat with adversity for 'Cat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Good, I like fat fast guys pushing in from the end!

"Press ON"! :yes:

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:53 am

I know that the move for Taylor Dees to DE is more than likely temporary, I would like to see a move to DE made permanent. The starting DL could look like this: DE Taylor Dees, NT Conner Thomas, DT Taylor Sheridan & BE Odin Coe. They could then work a rotation of Zach Hutchins, Garrett Marino, Luke Halliburton and Deven Jeffries in at the DE/BE spots. Then they could have a rotation of WaWa Leota, Nate Bignell, Dallas Hayes at the tackle spots and when needed slide Dees back over to DT.

I think this would allow Dees to use his quickness and strength to hold the edge and free up Sheridan instead of being locked on the center commanding double teams. Thomas’s size and strength can eat up double teams and Coe can do his thing and get to the QB. I think this could also free up our fast LB’s to make more plays, especially Na'a Moeakiola. It would give us more size up front and maintain quickness and maybe keep players fresh as the game and season wears on.

GO CATS!!!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 am

canyoncat wrote:I know that the move for Taylor Dees to DE is more than likely temporary, I would like to see a move to DE made permanent. The starting DL could look like this: DE Taylor Dees, NT Conner Thomas, DT Taylor Sheridan & BE Odin Coe. They could then work a rotation of Zach Hutchins, Garrett Marino, Luke Halliburton and Deven Jeffries in at the DE/BE spots. Then they could have a rotation of WaWa Leota, Nate Bignell, Dallas Hayes at the tackle spots and when needed slide Dees back over to DT.

I think this would allow Dees to use his quickness and strength to hold the edge and free up Sheridan instead of being locked on the center commanding double teams. Thomas’s size and strength can eat up double teams and Coe can do his thing and get to the QB. I think this could also free up our fast LB’s to make more plays, especially Na'a Moeakiola. It would give us more size up front and maintain quickness and maybe keep players fresh as the game and season wears on.
Good post fits right in with the "experimentation" comments by catsrback and Colter. All these injuries and defections could have a silver lining. Chances are the coaches will find some things we're good at that they otherwise never would've tested or experimented with.

Is Horn at center and Catalano at RT better than Catalano at center and Eekhoff at RT?
Will the extra reps for Greibel at WR move into the #1 at slot?
Can Hutchins and Halliburton move into the DE rotation?
Will the extra reps all around make for better depth and give coaches more confidence to play them when starters are banged up?