MSU Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

MSU Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

Post by kmax » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am

For the 2013 Military Appreciation game that Montana State played on November 16th against Southern Utah University the Bobcats donned special blue and camo jerseys with military inspired slogans on the back.  The special uniforms meant to honor America's service men and women were a joint venture between Montana State Athletics and the Warriors and Quiet Waters foundation.  

The auction of these uniforms is going on now at http://auction.msubobcats.com and all proceeds will go to benefit the Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation.  The auction will not end before Dec. 16, 2013 but the closing date will be extended as the Bobcat season continues into playoff season. Signed jerseys of senior student-athletes will be made available once their eligibility is exhausted as per NCAA rules so please keep checking back into the auction site!

We know that BobcatNation can help make a difference here and would like to thank all of our loyal readers for all of the support they can give to this great cause.  And you could get one of the coolest jerseys MSU has ever worn on top of it!

Click here to view the 2013 Military Appreciation Jersey auction site

About the Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation
Warriors and Quiet Waters provide traumatically injured U.S. servicemen and women from Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts with a high quality restorative program, utilizing the therapeutic experience of fly-fishing on Montana waters.  

WQW brings wounded warriors to Montana for a six day program of fly fishing and recreation. Most warriors who come are still in rehab in the military hospital system. Once here, they have the opportunity to relax and to learn to fly fish in the quiet and beautiful surroundings of Montana and neighboring Yellowstone Park.

The program provides transportation, accommodations, meals, and gives each warrior a complete fly fishing outfit including rod, reel and waders to keep so they can continue to fish when they leave MT – all at no cost to them. The program supports these wounded warriors through the generosity of its donors and many volunteers.

For more information on the Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation please go to www.warriorsandquietwaters.orgRead the Full Article on BobcatNation

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

jodihayes
New Recruit

Re: MSU Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

Post by jodihayes » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 pm

I have been watching the auction site since the appreciation game. Seems all jerseys are not listed? I know my son was wearing one. Maybe because he is a redshirted freshman?

is there any way to bid on one not listed ?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:20 pm

jodihayes wrote:I have been watching the auction site since the appreciation game. Seems all jerseys are not listed? I know my son was wearing one. Maybe because he is a redshirted freshman?

is there any way to bid on one not listed ?
Good question. I'd give the athletic dept a call.

msusportsinfo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msusportsinfo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey Bobcat Nation!
All the jerseys are up and available for bid including autographed jerseys of D.M., Cody Kirk, Tanner Bleskin and Brad Daly. All these jerseys would make an amazing holiday gift!

Please remember that all proceeds go to Warriors & Quiet Waters.

GO BOBCATS!

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Would love one, but I don't have that kind of cash.

ESG

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....