OC & QB Coach to Utah State?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: OC & QB Coach to Utah State?

Post by bpcats20 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm

I think the key to keeping Coach Mac around for a few more years is to move him to OC. However, Ash also has a responsibility to find the best candidate out there and with the AFCA meeting happening next week, MSU should get a lot of candidates interested in the position. Especially since he has a record of developing coaches and/or showing off their ability in order to move up to head coaching position or FBS level assistant.

I am a little nervous about Coach Mac becoming OC for one simple reason..He is simply awesome at coaching the o-line and getting every drop of performance the players have to offer out of (usually a hodgepodge cast of characters...when have we ever had the same o-line coming out spring end up finishing a season?)

Coach Link could switch to o-line but I would really be leery of the results after watching Coach Mac work his magic each and every season.

Whatever keeps Coach Mac at MSU,Coach Ash should do. We will figure out the rest.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: OC & QB Coach to Utah State?

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Haven't talked to McGiven, but talked briefly with Ash and exchanged texts with DeNarius

BACK TO THE BEEHIVE STATE: McGiven takes OC job at Utah State
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;