Jay Hackett

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Jay Hackett

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:52 am

Looks like Hackett's going to have a shot with the Chargers.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:16 am

Nah, I hear he has refused to play for the Chargers, but they signed him anyway to keep the Raiders from snatching him up. The Chargers hope to rape and pillage an East Coast team for the rights to him. :wink:

Just kidding, that is great to hear and congrats to Hackett.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:35 am

That's cool, Bobcats are getting snatched up like gold nuggets. How about Corey Smith?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Didn't Jay's dad drive from San Diego for every game? At least he won't have to travel far for the home games anymore!

Good luck to Jay, If he can get a little bit of a mean streak in him he should be able to clean up on spec teams.

Cat Pride

Post by Cat Pride » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:44 pm

That was Corey Smith's parents. Great people. Pretty sure his entire family came up for his last game in Bozeman too (that would include a brother living in Florida).

Turns out they saw a pretty good game, as well as see their son make one of the all time great plays in Bobcat history.

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:49 pm

It actually was Hackett's Dad. I met him a few times here and in Iowa- Great Guy. Good Luck Jay!

Cat Pride

Post by Cat Pride » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:00 pm

I stand corrected. Now that I think about it, wasnt Corey from Seattle or somewhere in Washington? Regardless, his parents were at all the games as well.

CATCO
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATCO » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:01 pm

It is great to hear all the guys getting a chance, it means a lot considering this is the last class that was part of my era. I am still waiting to hear about Cordeiro, I just talked to him, and he has not heard from anyone yet, I sure hope he gets a chance. Talk about a great group of guys getting picked up...Good luck to all the boys, we are all proud of ya, make MSU proud!!!

Catdad39
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catdad39 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:37 pm

Both the Hacketts (Charles, alone most of the time) and the Smiths were at every game the last four years. Cheryl and Smitty are from Federal Way, between Seattle and Tacoma, while Charles Hackett drove to the vast majority of games from the San Diego area. Reluctantly, he did fly on a rare occasion. They are wonderful people! They will be missed, indeed. I hope Corey and Jay get a real shot at the NFL!