TX A&M Transfer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:34 pm

Helcat72 wrote:Who was the kid wearing #96 this spring? that player was playing second string DE, but his size looked like he could be about 255 - 260 although he was not quite 6-3.

Pretty sure your thinking of Papich. He was #99 at the Holland Scrimmage and did look all of 255-260. Very quick off the ball. He could be a heck of a player for the Cats. They could be very deep on DL this year.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:04 pm

I saw the same kid at an earlier practice and he was wearing #96. Maybe i spaced out the fact he might have been wearing #99 at the Holland scrimmage. He has huge legs and looks all of 260 or more!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:33 am

This is great news about Andy Matakis. I am looking forward to watching him this year. Sounds like real stud. So, where do the JC transfers (Tim O'Tool and Daryl Rogers) fit in? Tackle rotation? It appears that we are very deep at DE with Lowe, Gluhm, Cogley, Fiest, Papich, Weiss and now Matakis. Tackle appears to be Sebestyen, Clark, Gibbs, Nellermoe(?), OConnor, Gilchrist and Saucedo.

With the addition of Garrison, that will give us 17 O-linemen this fall. That is if no one transfers. It's great to see that this team is getting deeper and deeper every year. We will know what the qualitity of this depth is this fall. Like everyone else, I am getting real excited about the upcoming year.

GO CATS!!

couloir41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by couloir41 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:28 pm

i spoke with the garrisons soon after they initially arrived in helena...met them at the windbag talking football and quaffing a brew...both seemed like terrific people...the mr garrison was returning to the northwest after working for some time in texas to manage a (signigicant) communications outfit...and blake wanted to transfer to a northwestern program and the topic of the big sky and msu came up...i referred them to mcendoo...who knows...and mcendoo to them...it was one of the topics i spoke with coach mcendoo with during the lobster feed...mcendoo made it sound like we had a shot at blake but was non-commital as to whether it was a done deal...sounds like it might be...