Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:50 pm
I don't have much to add to this thread because I have never owned a tailgate spot. However, when comparing the season ticket prices and tailgate prices to Griz season ticket and tailgate prices... I think we're WAY lower at MSU. Just based on comments I've heard from folks.
MSU prices are lower because we went through that long stretch of mediocrity at best. I think a lot of us remember when the football games were pretty sparsely attended. Finally Kramer woke up our competitive edge and Ash’s early teams won those three BSC championships — and all at once we had a new Sonny Holland End Zone and things haven’t quit since. If we’d have gone right on from 1976 and 1984 without losing our way, prices now wouldn’t be jumping so much — they would have been higher for years. The only solution to the prices now is to see if we can get Earl Solomonson back.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am
Bump.

Any new information on this? Top donors go 1st tomorrow on tailgate selection, correct?
Correct, the top donors were supposed to start today, and they continue down the list over the next week or so.

I'm curious how the waiting list will work once we get through this initial donor priority setup. Once all spots are filled, then someone gives up their spot next year, for example, will that spot go to the 1st person on the wait list regardless of their donor level? Or will the highest donors get first crack to move before the waiting list person is called? Etc.
Not that it affects me, I'm just curious like that, and I wonder if anyone has thought that far ahead...

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:19 pm

We did get another email today as a reminder. If you are in the South Fieldhouse Lot (just across Kagy), you will have the same spots as last year. Nothing is changing in that lot.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 pm

Who all got the call and if so, did you get your same spots? Also, does anyone know what is up with the brown colored spots that wrap around the stadium? I see they are numbered so it seems they are actual tailgate spots. They look a little larger then the standard spots but don't see any pricing for them.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 pm
Who all got the call and if so, did you get your same spots? Also, does anyone know what is up with the brown colored spots that wrap around the stadium? I see they are numbered so it seems they are actual tailgate spots. They look a little larger then the standard spots but don't see any pricing for them.
Got my call today. We are in the RV spots though (previously along Kagy on West side) so we knew we were going to be moved. One note that hasn't been mentioned here is that RV spots will not be reserved location spots. Will be guaranteed a spot, but they are making all of the RV spots (with exception of a few like QB club) first come first served and the parking people will direct you to the next open spot when you get there. Really a bummer to be moved, paying more and now not even getting a permanent place that we can direct people on where to find us since it could potentially be different every week.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Got a call today. We were in the affected red area on the west side. Was told that there is still a chance that some of those spots exist after the Kagy project, but they are being cautious. Also they don’t know when that project will start and until that happens all those red spots will be available.

Long story short, we were able to secure a spot in the same lot just a few spots down from our old one.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm
Cats15 wrote:
Got my call today. We are in the RV spots though (previously along Kagy on West side) so we knew we were going to be moved. One note that hasn't been mentioned here is that RV spots will not be reserved location spots. Will be guaranteed a spot, but they are making all of the RV spots (with exception of a few like QB club) first come first served and the parking people will direct you to the next open spot when you get there. Really a bummer to be moved, paying more and now not even getting a permanent place that we can direct people on where to find us since it could potentially be different every week.
Did they explain the rationale behind that? It seems like if you are guaranteed to get a spot you might as well be guaranteed to get "your" spot. It would actually be less work for them as they wouldn't need anyone there to direct people.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pm
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
Did they explain the rationale behind that? It seems like if you are guaranteed to get a spot you might as well be guaranteed to get "your" spot. It would actually be less work for them as they wouldn't need anyone there to direct people.
Yes, I would also like to know the rational. They increased the price 3 fold, shrunk the spots and now I’m not guaranteed the same spot!? What is going on here??? I get everything else with the new plan but can’t wrap my head around why they decided the RV spots are first come.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm
coloradocat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
Yes, I would also like to know the rational. They increased the price 3 fold, shrunk the spots and now I’m not guaranteed the same spot!? What is going on here??? I get everything else with the new plan but can’t wrap my head around why they decided the RV spots are first come.
As has been mentioned the lots on gameday are being taken over by MSU parking services as opposed to Athletics. Their concern apparently is that for the RV spots their concern (parking services, not athletics) is that if reserved spots there will be issues if folks come late with large RVs that would be unable to get into spots in between spaces that are already filled with tailgates. Athletics is hopeful that after a year and showing it isn’t an issue they can go back to being reserved but for now they could not convince parking services.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 pm
Cats15 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
As has been mentioned the lots on gameday are being taken over by MSU parking services as opposed to Athletics. Their concern apparently is that for the RV spots their concern (parking services, not athletics) is that if reserved spots there will be issues if folks come late with large RVs that would be unable to get into spots in between spaces that are already filled with tailgates. Athletics is hopeful that after a year and showing it isn’t an issue they can go back to being reserved but for now they could not convince parking services.
I was wondering if it was something like that. Are they trying to get them parallel parked and need to park them as they come.

Hmmm

I remember when east side was managed by parking and west side was managed by Athletics .... It wasn't that great of an experience for us on the east side. We were under different rules and constantly being given new rules.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm

kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
still wish you could come night before and stay night of game, leaving in the morning. Been to other places that allowed it. no traffic issues and party after the game when the crowds fight Kagy traffic.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
still wish you could come night before and stay night of game, leaving in the morning. Been to other places that allowed it. no traffic issues and party after the game when the crowds fight Kagy traffic.
Was told that for RV spots they would be cleared of cars and we could enter by Friday at 6pm. All vehicles and tailgate stuff had to be gone by Sunday at noon. We don't ever actually stay up there so I didn't check to see if they were ok with people staying in the RVs up there but I would have to assume so given those timelines.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am

Still no call.

Not sure they are following their own published guidelines.

snarf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snarf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am
Still no call.

If you already had a tailgate or RV in the east or west lot and based on the schedule that was sent out where your points are should have been called, I would give the bobcat club a call.

April 17 1-134
April 18 135-304
April 19 305-445
April 22 446-583
April 23 584-830
April 24 831-1066
April 25 1067-1238
April 29 1239-1626
April 30 1626 and up

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am

snarf wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am
DMMDCats wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am
Still no call.

If you already had a tailgate or RV in the east or west lot and based on the schedule that was sent out where your points are should have been called, I would give the bobcat club a call.

April 17 1-134
April 18 135-304
April 19 305-445
April 22 446-583
April 23 584-830
April 24 831-1066
April 25 1067-1238
April 29 1239-1626
April 30 1626 and up
They are way overwhelmed with the tailgate spots right now, mostly due to the fact that they don’t know how the construction processes will play out. I feel bad for them a little bit, but they also created the problem and for some reason under estimated how the fans would respond. We just wanted to know what to do and when to do it. Some people have already renewed their spots and paid, including us. We paid for our three spots in the upper portion of the field house parking lot yesterday. Our spots didn’t change from last year. However they also said when they update the Kagy road, our spots will most likely get moved, so it will be a mess next year for all the tailgaters right along Kagy in the upper Fieldhouse parking lot. If you call them you can tell that they are overwhelmed, but we pay good money for tailgate spots, so I recommend you call until you get an answer.

If your left, you aren’t right.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am

MSU has been kicking the "student parking can" down the road, for a long time. They keep building on parking lots and adding students. Now they have to fix the stadium parking lot. It's not to make things better for boosters. The MSU parking Nazi's, were rude to the people in the eastside parking area. Just dicks. If they pull that crap again on the westside. It's going to get ugly. Big money boosters, won't put up with it. Damn glad I can walk to the games, if I choose.
Last edited by PHAT CAT on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm

How do you find out the number of priority points you have?

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm

gocats77 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm
How do you find out the number of priority points you have?
There was an email sent with updated tailgate information (it was sent a few days after the first one). At the very bottom was your account number and your priority points.

I think you can also check you account in tickets west, maybe???

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Bunch of crap. Unless you donated over 10k your moving east. Had two great spots on west and now gonna have one.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Can anyone share what counts toward priority points, and if any of those points ever expire? My husband thought maybe our donation to the B.A.C., was no longer considered. T.I.A.!