Spring ball '19

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3847
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Gotta like the sound of that.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:37 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6509
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Ran the numbers. Of course, how many transfers MSU signs between spring and fall will have an effect. I predict they will bring in at least three players in that time. Other variables include the status of Chris Murray (will his grades be good enough to get back on the roster post-spring) and Jabarri Johnon's health and/or the status of his medical redshirt. Anyway, I see a possible 15-19 kids getting cut this spring and there will be some extremely tough decisions with a few kids. Several talented ones are on the bubble. Keep in mind, a few will get invited back when school starts to fill out the 105. But the coaches will have to cut the roster down to 95 post-spring ball with that number including the scholarship freshman signed in the 2018 class (22-23 players). I don't believe PWO's (8-9 players) are included in that 95 (I believe they count towards the 105 because they are guaranteed a roster spot). About 87 kids will compete in spring ball 2019. Only 68-72 spots are available (variation due to potential transfers and who is actually a scholarship freshman).


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:30 pm

I love that on the tackling drills they're teaching them to roll after contact/wrap-up. You'll get significantly less missed tackles that way.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by catatac » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm
Ran the numbers. Of course, how many transfers MSU signs between spring and fall will have an effect. I predict they will bring in at least three players in that time. Other variables include the status of Chris Murray (will his grades be good enough to get back on the roster post-spring) and Jabarri Johnon's health and/or the status of his medical redshirt. Anyway, I see a possible 15-19 kids getting cut this spring and there will be some extremely tough decisions with a few kids. Several talented ones are on the bubble. Keep in mind, a few will get invited back when school starts to fill out the 105. But the coaches will have to cut the roster down to 95 post-spring ball with that number including the scholarship freshman signed in the 2018 class (22-23 players). I don't believe PWO's (8-9 players) are included in that 95 (I believe they count towards the 105 because they are guaranteed a roster spot). About 87 kids will compete in spring ball 2019. Only 68-72 spots are available (variation due to potential transfers and who is actually a scholarship freshman).
I'm a little confused by all that, but I'm going to read it again later. :lol:


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9401
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm
Ran the numbers. Of course, how many transfers MSU signs between spring and fall will have an effect. I predict they will bring in at least three players in that time. Other variables include the status of Chris Murray (will his grades be good enough to get back on the roster post-spring) and Jabarri Johnon's health and/or the status of his medical redshirt. Anyway, I see a possible 15-19 kids getting cut this spring and there will be some extremely tough decisions with a few kids. Several talented ones are on the bubble. Keep in mind, a few will get invited back when school starts to fill out the 105. But the coaches will have to cut the roster down to 95 post-spring ball with that number including the scholarship freshman signed in the 2018 class (22-23 players). I don't believe PWO's (8-9 players) are included in that 95 (I believe they count towards the 105 because they are guaranteed a roster spot). About 87 kids will compete in spring ball 2019. Only 68-72 spots are available (variation due to potential transfers and who is actually a scholarship freshman).
I'm a little confused by all that, but I'm going to read it again later. :lol:
Image


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:06 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm
Ran the numbers. Of course, how many transfers MSU signs between spring and fall will have an effect. I predict they will bring in at least three players in that time. Other variables include the status of Chris Murray (will his grades be good enough to get back on the roster post-spring) and Jabarri Johnon's health and/or the status of his medical redshirt. Anyway, I see a possible 15-19 kids getting cut this spring and there will be some extremely tough decisions with a few kids. Several talented ones are on the bubble. Keep in mind, a few will get invited back when school starts to fill out the 105. But the coaches will have to cut the roster down to 95 post-spring ball with that number including the scholarship freshman signed in the 2018 class (22-23 players). I don't believe PWO's (8-9 players) are included in that 95 (I believe they count towards the 105 because they are guaranteed a roster spot). About 87 kids will compete in spring ball 2019. Only 68-72 spots are available (variation due to potential transfers and who is actually a scholarship freshman).
I'm a little confused by all that, but I'm going to read it again later. :lol:
Image
=D^


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6509
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 am
Regarding Chase, he was incredibly strong for his age coming out of high school but was also incredibly raw in terms of any sort of technique to be successful on the defensive line. They have developed him over the past three years while he's earned more reps each year. He is ready to be a dude his junior year.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catfisherman
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by catfisherman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am

Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.



AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 am



Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
94VegasCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3257
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am
Location: Front row seat to the dumpster fire!

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm

catfisherman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am
Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.
Thought I saw some pics on Twitter but nothing on here. What gives?


My wife teases me about my man crush on Choate.

AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm
catfisherman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am
Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.
Thought I saw some pics on Twitter but nothing on here. What gives?
There is some stuff on Instagram.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm



Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
94VegasCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3257
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am
Location: Front row seat to the dumpster fire!

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm
catfisherman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am
Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.
Thought I saw some pics on Twitter but nothing on here. What gives?
There is some stuff on Instagram.
I guess that’s why I come to BN because I don’t have Instagram. Isn’t that the purpose here?


My wife teases me about my man crush on Choate.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 12478
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm
No recognition. I wonder what that’s about.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Post Reply