Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6073
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by PapaG » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 pm
He made it known during his recruiting that he would be there for 4 years and that's all.
This is correct. Funny how others here want to bash the poster who said so initially. But once a cat fan confirms it, crickets.
Well, you did wait less than an hour for this post. I imagine most people aren't hanging on every claim to this this board like you apparently are.


Greg K.

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am
lutecat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 am
DLane wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 am
Cledus wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 pm
Sulser was never coming to MSU, even if Pete Carroll was the head coach and Norm Chow was the offensive coordinator. That Sulser went to um was never a huge recruiting coups, no matter what they make it sound like.

Furthermore, on the year I think he had fewer than 20 touches and now he's got one fewer year of eligibility. So, great job on managing his eligibility. #RTD
Um, he made the decision not to redshirt and to play 4 years and then graduate. So, yeah they are actually doing a fine job of managing his eligibility.
Sure. That was his choice. Okaaayyyyy.......
He made it known during his recruiting that he would be there for 4 years and that's all.
This is correct. Funny how others here want to bash the poster who said so initially. But once a cat fan confirms it, crickets.
Well you're an annoying arse, so it should be expected. You're always here with an agenda, it's always obvious, don't play the fool.



User avatar
catgrad05
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
Location: North Central Montna

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by catgrad05 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 pm
He made it known during his recruiting that he would be there for 4 years and that's all.
This is correct. Funny how others here want to bash the poster who said so initially. But once a cat fan confirms it, crickets.
Well, you did wait less than an hour for this post. I imagine most people aren't hanging on every claim to this this board like you apparently are.
Are you trying to say that some Bobcat fans actually have day jobs? :-^



GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by GRZZ » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm

To circle this back again and address some of the recent posts...

I think Choate is a good recruiter overall, but has struggled at QB. I don't think Bobby being hired at UM impacts that a ton outside of the few tossup Montana kids each year.

I think Choate having a good relationship with current UW staff absolutely matters. I think the guys who have transferred so far remembered him there. I do think there is a difference but no doubt still a good relationship for Choate.

I don't follow recruiting as close as some, but I do think Choate is doing better on OLineman this year based on what we all can see. Who knows what we don't know. This concerns me.

Susler did not want to redshirt, I wish he had. I wish Hauck would have used him more this year...

Where are all those posters from earlier who said I couldn't objective?
Last edited by GRZZ on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.


“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

User avatar
Cledus
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by Cledus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
To circle this back again and address some of the recent posts...

I think Choate is a good recruiter overall, but has struggled at QB. I don't think Bobby being hired at UM imoactsbthat Anton outside of the few tossup Montana kids each year.

I think Choate having a good relationship with current UW staff absolutely matters. I think the guys who have transferred so far remembered him there. I do think there is a difference but no doubt still a good relationship for Choate.

I don't follow recruiting as close as some, but I do think Choate is doing better on OLineman this year based on what we all can see. Who knows what we don't know. This concerns me.

Susler did not want to redshirt, I wish he had. I wish Hauck would have used him more this year...

Where are all those posters from earlier who said I couldn't objective?
I listened to the show you guest hosted. You started off by sounding utterly nonplussed that any team not the griz could ever have any success, so why even try? Colter hitting you up with some facts and stats seemed to open your eyes a bit that there's a pretty big world outside of missoula. You got smacked down pretty hard when he mentioned nobody has covered any team in the Big Sky more than he; the way he set you straight was subtle, yet effective.



GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by GRZZ » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Cledus wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
To circle this back again and address some of the recent posts...

I think Choate is a good recruiter overall, but has struggled at QB. I don't think Bobby being hired at UM imoactsbthat Anton outside of the few tossup Montana kids each year.

I think Choate having a good relationship with current UW staff absolutely matters. I think the guys who have transferred so far remembered him there. I do think there is a difference but no doubt still a good relationship for Choate.

I don't follow recruiting as close as some, but I do think Choate is doing better on OLineman this year based on what we all can see. Who knows what we don't know. This concerns me.

Susler did not want to redshirt, I wish he had. I wish Hauck would have used him more this year...

Where are all those posters from earlier who said I couldn't objective?
I listened to the show you guest hosted. You started off by sounding utterly nonplussed that any team not the griz could ever have any success, so why even try? Colter hitting you up with some facts and stats seemed to open your eyes a bit that there's a pretty big world outside of missoula. You got smacked down pretty hard when he mentioned nobody has covered any team in the Big Sky more than he; the way he set you straight was subtle, yet effective.
Thanks Cledus, for responding to the topic of the post...

Hahah. You clearly heard what you wanted to from the show. But just to catch you up, it was a caller who said Choate was a terrible recruiter, not me. Like I have said in this thread, Colter covers the Big Sky and we are lucky to have him. Of course Colter knows more about the Big Sky than I do. I do not cover the Big Sky. He listens to the coaches media call every week, interviews coaches, etc... However, I don't think you really listened to the show if that was your takeaway. Not loving the cats doesn't equate to not respecting the rest of the Big Sky. We talked quite a bit about why with the exception of Davis this year neither Sac St or Davis has been that good. We talked about the NAU job. But we really didn't get in to anyone else being good or legitimate or anything like that, so sure, he burned me on something we didn't really talk about...


“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by GRZZ » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Since Cledus derailed my last attempt to get this thread back on topic, I really do want to hear your thoughts on recruiting and the cats needs. You say I am ignorant, educate me.

From the outside it would appear to me that you have a good chunk of defensive talent coming back, maybe weaker in the linebackers. Good Oline, and great running backs. I think Andersen is what he is at QB and can clearly beat the average teams like the Griz, but this Griz fan thinks it is a shame he can't showcase his next level talent at linebacker. That isn't at all meant to be a knock on him either, he is one of my favorite Montana players at either school. He is one of those guys you absolutely wish your team had.

I think it is a big off-season for Choate to find a QB. Maybe it is Gresch, which is a nightmare of mine and I am a Griz fan who thinks he is better than Sneed. Maybe it is the UCLA kid. I know many of you are excited about the freshman Bauman (sp?)?


“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Jensen or Modster will probably be coming at QB. Andersen will move to LB. There's a UW transfer that will play OLB/Buck I believe, and a potential Boise transfer that would play OLB. Would assume Will, but don't know.

Recruiting wise, looks like once again it is strong on the lines. Have a couple good RB's coming in, a very good TE in Lonergan coming, and I believe a big 6'6 WR coming. Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.

I would like to see a legit deep threat WR, more DB's, more DL, and a good pass rusher. Think we need a HS QB recruit as well.



bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Overall, Choate is a good recruiter and I don't sorry about what he does too much.



GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by GRZZ » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.


“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by SACCAT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am

GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8893
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am

SACCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff
I don't follow Montana football close enough to know all of the diamonds in the rough, but I'm curious, who are some of those diamonds that Choate and crew didn't find?



Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am
SACCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff
I don't follow Montana football close enough to know all of the diamonds in the rough, but I'm curious, who are some of those diamonds that Choate and crew didn't find?
You don’t find walk-ons. Walk-ons are guys that weren’t offered scholarship and have been overlooked by everyone. It is hard for any coach to claim credit for “finding” a walk on.



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by catscat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am
SACCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff
I don't follow Montana football close enough to know all of the diamonds in the rough, but I'm curious, who are some of those diamonds that Choate and crew didn't find?
You don’t find walk-ons. Walk-ons are guys that weren’t offered scholarship and have been overlooked by everyone. It is hard for any coach to claim credit for “finding” a walk on.
I don't think that's necessarily or always true. I believe over the years the Bobcats have had a number of players identified as potential Bobcats and encouraged by the coach to "walk-on" because the coaches didn't think they had the talent worthy of a scholarship at that time. Or, that a scholarship - full or partial - just wasn't available for them at that time.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9165
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 am

Shawn Borges leaps immediately to mind of a Choate walk on that IMO will be a star, too bad he got injured.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am
SACCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff
I don't follow Montana football close enough to know all of the diamonds in the rough, but I'm curious, who are some of those diamonds that Choate and crew didn't find?
You don’t find walk-ons. Walk-ons are guys that weren’t offered scholarship and have been overlooked by everyone. It is hard for any coach to claim credit for “finding” a walk on.
Not true at all.

Most walk ons are "recruited".



AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am
SACCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am
GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh! Another LB recruit in Cole Oster who I hope gets to RS, but I can't imagine there are many BSC recruits better than this kid.
That is high praise. I'll have to go read up on him.

Do you think your receivers would seem better to you with a more traditional passer or is there an immediate need there? The Oregon QB/WR seemed to be settling in as a receiver against the Griz.

I have heard Hauck talk more than once about the importance of a QB recruit in every class for consistent depth.

Do you think anything about the NDSU game changed Choate's view on needs immediate or long term?

The Griz roster is so odd right now. They could clearly use transfers on the OLine and DLine or those units are going to be young. The OLine especially, though in some cases the guys redshirting this year may be an improvement. A CB would be nice too...all easy positions to get a transfer, haha.

I also think Hauck needs to find another QB for this class. Even if Humphrey starts after Sneed, that is only a one year solution. I know they have a commitment from the Bozeman high kid, but I'm not sure how he projects at this level.

All this to say Bobby was a great recruiter at UM last time, we'll see if he still has it because this is an important year for the overhaul.
The one area that Hauck did well at in the last go round, was finding talent at the walk-on level. Some of the best players to play for him in the past were walk-ons. It is something that Choate and company need to get better at...Finding the diamond in the ruff
I don't follow Montana football close enough to know all of the diamonds in the rough, but I'm curious, who are some of those diamonds that Choate and crew didn't find?
You don’t find walk-ons. Walk-ons are guys that weren’t offered scholarship and have been overlooked by everyone. It is hard for any coach to claim credit for “finding” a walk on.
Not true at all.

Most walk ons are "recruited".

Correct. For example, Kevin Kassis was a recruited walk-on.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact - Stacy Radke
E-mail stacy.radke@msuaf.org
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
Cledus
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by Cledus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am
Correct. For example, Kevin Kassis was a recruited walk-on.
Even though Troy Andersen is on scholarship here, it's my understanding he was recruited elsewhere and offered preferred walk-on status at Washington.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 am

Cledus wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am
Correct. For example, Kevin Kassis was a recruited walk-on.
Even though Troy Andersen is on scholarship here, it's my understanding he was recruited elsewhere and offered preferred walk-on status at Washington.
I thought Kevin was a partial.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
WalkOn79
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Recruiting, Bobby vs Choate

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:53 am

GRZZ wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 pm
To circle this back again and address some of the recent posts...

I think Choate is a good recruiter overall, but has struggled at QB. I don't think Bobby being hired at UM impacts that a ton outside of the few tossup Montana kids each year.

I think Choate having a good relationship with current UW staff absolutely matters. I think the guys who have transferred so far remembered him there. I do think there is a difference but no doubt still a good relationship for Choate.

I don't follow recruiting as close as some, but I do think Choate is doing better on OLineman this year based on what we all can see. Who knows what we don't know. This concerns me.

Susler did not want to redshirt, I wish he had. I wish Hauck would have used him more this year...

Where are all those posters from earlier who said I couldn't objective?
this is plenty objective. so good on ya!


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

Post Reply