Confrence Play ?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Confrence Play ?

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:46 pm

bearBAC wrote:Well the kittens are in their typical preconfrence form ~ any bets on how they do against ISU ?

Kittys - 12

ISU - 49
Heh heh heh. That's cute BareBack. I'm sure ISU will put up 49 on us after we held Cal Poly to 27 and held CSU (Team that should have beaten Colorado) to 39. I'm also sure that Idaho State will hold us to less points than Colorado State did. (Take note here that we're not all crying about having 3 DB's out with injuries right now, that's more of a Grizzly thing!) You better just quit worrying about our defense and pay attention to your own. You guys are the $hits right now, and you bettre pull it together quickly cause conference play starts in 6 days! You were 116 out of 117 in passing D before UNC shredded you - that has to move you to rock bottom. Oh, and your rushing D sucks too!!! :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:23 pm

I liked what I saw at the CSU game. The OL and WR are improving each game. This is a good game to move on into conference play playing. Our OL picked up the blitz well and gave Lulay adequate time to pass. I really think playing Cal Poly and CSU the last two going into conference play was really good for our offense. We won't see defenses like those for the rest of the year. Our offense is due for a breakout, and I think it comes this weekend. ???? On CB though, but I think Fuller will grow as he gains more experience. I felt bad for the guy, but he never hung his head and played hard the whole game. All this playing time for him could be a DIAMOND in the rough for us in the next few years as he will have some good experience as a freshman. Also, Sullivan came in and played a good tough game for us at WR. He caught everything thrown his way pretty much and seemed a very tough/physical blocking as well. I can see him becoming a very good possesion type receiver for us with Guinn/Roosevelt/Gatewood being our big play guys. Hopefully WOLF will be okay as I really liked the ability for our offense to go over the middle with him. He is a LOAD. That CSU guy tagged him hard, but he also walked wobbly after that hit as well :)

Anyway, I think our team is poised to go into ISU and knock them out for a win. My biggest worries initially this year were OL and I think the boys are getting better every week so far and that was w/o Bolton playing this weekend.

I can't wait to see them play this week, the rust is slowly coming off.

P.S - How about that hit on #94 by Gathing on opening kickoff. That one reminded me of the snickers "I'm batman" commercial a few years back. WOW, what a hit.