Keeping tabs on the enemy

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Keeping tabs on the enemy

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:12 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byt ... &year=2004

Interesting. The griz are currently the 6th worst passing D team in 1AA football. :shock: 10th worst in ppg. Probably won't improve on that Saturday as Sam Houston is currently 3rd best team in 1AA for passing offense. Looks to be a shootout that will really test the Griz secondary. If the Griz keep putting points up via defense and special teams, they should be able to escape with a W. However I would bet that SHS outgains the Griz in total yardage, just as Maine and Hofstra have done. I think the Griz D will eventually come around and be pretty decent at some point this year, but they aren't there yet. They're way down there on run D as well. No way I'd trade our D for their's today. Hopefully I can say the same for the Offense after saturday!!! :)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

One More Thing...

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:31 pm

Some things never change. Yes, I'm still keeping tabs on the enemy. Call it an obsession. Here's a quote from our Buddy TripleG on egriz.com:

"I say this is our last really big challenge until the playoffs, not that we should look past anyone, but the freaking big sky is stinking this year...

If we can get past the Bearkats with a W... we can almost coast into the playoffs.

Run the freakin table, go for broke, dont give up a single game!! NO PRISONERS?!!!!"

Um - didn't take long for that #1 ranking to go to their heads. They win two games, other Big Sky teams lose some games, MAINLY AGAINST 1A OPPONENTS, of which the Griz are the only Big Sky team not playing a 1A, and now they're way out of everyone else's league. Do they need a reminder that the season is 11 games long and they've fallen into a habit of finishing poorly lately, while other Big Sky teams (ah-hem, BOBCATS! 8) 8) 8) ) come on strong?
Last edited by catatac on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:36 pm

Catatac, you be nice. Or I'll be forced to steal your vim. :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:52 pm

You have to admit, even though it's only been two games, right now things look pretty bright for the Griz. Two quality wins and none of the other teams remaining on their schedule look like they are much this year(ok, I'll say it....except for the Cats), and maybe NAU.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:33 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:You have to admit, even though it's only been two games, right now things look pretty bright for the Griz. Two quality wins and none of the other teams remaining on their schedule look like they are much this year(ok, I'll say it....except for the Cats), and maybe NAU.
Oh you're definitely off to a good start, I'll give you that. But, IMO the rest of the season is not a cakewalk. Going undefeated in a season rarely happens. Plus, I think people have been way too quick to give up on the Big Sky. There will be very competitive, close games when we get into Big Sky play, just like every other year. If you waltz through conference play undefeated, I will be shocked and will bow down before whitemeat.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:36 am

bearBAC wrote:It's true, you can find some outrageous sugar-coated beliefs in some fans outlook on how their team is GOING to preform in the future, regardless of the resent past.

I found this funny one on another post :

"I'm guessing we'll see a 200% improvement in the passing game, and even at that it will still need a little work. It will be enough the get the W and sharpen up a little more so we don't get totally embarassed by CSU. I'll predict 21 for 36, for 232 yards with 2 TD's. Lulay had his self-admitted worst game as a Bobcat, and it wasn't just due to the dropped passes. Lulay wasn't happy with his performance and will push himself big-time, probably with a little help from Kramer, and he will be solid on Saturday. That is the catatac guarantee!!! "

Npow that's Funny!!
And what's so funny about that??? The fact that I'm predicting a huge improvement from game 1 to game 2? With as shi**y as we played, improvement is almost a given. Give me your prediction on Travis's stats after the game, we'll see who's closer...

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:16 am

I'm In:

15 for 29 1Td, 1 Int 167 Yard 15 carries for 15 yards.

6 punts for 39.8 avg.

One cat win.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:30 am

catatac wrote:
Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:You have to admit, even though it's only been two games, right now things look pretty bright for the Griz. Two quality wins and none of the other teams remaining on their schedule look like they are much this year(ok, I'll say it....except for the Cats), and maybe NAU.
Oh you're definitely off to a good start, I'll give you that. But, IMO the rest of the season is not a cakewalk. Going undefeated in a season rarely happens. Plus, I think people have been way too quick to give up on the Big Sky. There will be very competitive, close games when we get into Big Sky play, just like every other year. If you waltz through conference play undefeated, I will be shocked and will bow down before whitemeat.
Very good point, one other thing I think Triple G and everyone forgets is that the Big Sky Teams recruit specifically to play Big Sky Teams. The teams see each other every year and 'know' each other and their tendancies. The Big Sky Conference hasn't even begun yet and saying they will easily run the table this early is nonsense I think (Especially since the Cats have owned them the last 2 years).

Also seeing the Griz defense so far this year (secondary/pass rush definately need improvment) I think they can be easily knocked off in any Big Sky game this year if the other team plays well.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:31 pm

catatac wrote:If you waltz through conference play undefeated, I will be shocked and will bow down before whitemeat.
I don't think we'll waltz through anything and I don't think we'll go through the conference undefeated.

However, I'll be keeping this post in case it does happen. I get to choose where the bowing happens and what you're wearing ok. I'm thinking right after the Griz beat the Cats to go 11-0, in Reds, with you wearing a Maroon Bra on your head offering up a cold Bud Light to yours truly. :)

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:56 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
catatac wrote:If you waltz through conference play undefeated, I will be shocked and will bow down before whitemeat.
I don't think we'll waltz through anything and I don't think we'll go through the conference undefeated.

However, I'll be keeping this post in case it does happen. I get to choose where the bowing happens and what you're wearing ok. I'm thinking right after the Griz beat the Cats to go 11-0, in Reds, with you wearing a Maroon Bra on your head offering up a cold Bud Light to yours truly. :)
Whew. That's pretty mild. I can handle it. For a minute I thought you might make streak through downtown Missoula with I Love Monte tattooed on my butt...

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:00 pm

catatac wrote:

Whew. That's pretty mild. I can handle it. For a minute I thought you might make streak through downtown Missoula with I Love Monte tattooed on my butt...
WE"RE GOING STREAKKKKINNNNGGGG!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:09 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking... Unfortunately I'm kind of build like Will Farrell lately so it would be pretty funny. :D

P.S. For everybody going to the game, anybody up for meeting somewhere to tip a few? Suggestions?

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Yeah, I like that better.

Everyone that reads this is a witness.

If the Griz go 11-0, after the Cat/Griz game Catatac and Cardiac have to streak through downtown Missoula with "I love Monte" tattoo'd on their derrieres (sp?).

Couple questions:
Is this a permanent tattoo we are talking about here?
Can you guys get Kamber to join you?

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:18 pm

bearBAC: You just don't know how to have fun :wink:

You should have said, "If the Griz win that bet I'll go streaking in Msla with Wildrat and catatac."

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:30 pm

catatac wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking... Unfortunately I'm kind of build like Will Farrell lately so it would be pretty funny. :D

P.S. For everybody going to the game, anybody up for meeting somewhere to tip a few? Suggestions?
Are you talking about the Cat/Griz game? If so, I'm up for it. By the way, I won't be able to make the game in Bozeman this weekend. I can't remember if I told you or not.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:23 pm

catatac wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking... Unfortunately I'm kind of build like Will Farrell lately so it would be pretty funny. :D

Are you talking about the Cat/Griz game? If so, I'm up for it. By the way, I won't be able to make the game in Bozeman this weekend. I can't remember if I told you or not.
Damn you... oh well. The warm Oly will keep...

P.S. There's gotta be another side to the bet. If the Griz don't go undefeated, and the Cat's beat the Griz again this year, all you Griz guys gotta shave your heads and get "Kramer's Krazies" tattooes on your noggins... Then go out in Missoula and pretend like you're obnoxious Cat fans. "Grizzlies Suck!!! We kicked your a$$es you pu$$ies!!!" right in the middle of Stocks.