Keeping tabs on the enemy

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:35 pm

catatac wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking... Unfortunately I'm kind of build like Will Farrell lately so it would be pretty funny. :D

P.S. For everybody going to the game, anybody up for meeting somewhere to tip a few? Suggestions?
I will be in about the first 2-3 rows in (in from the tailgate entrance that is) about halfway up on the Student tailgate side. I am getting 2 large Bobcat Flags at the bookstore so look for a Gold Jeep Cherokee with 2 large Bobcat flags. Stop by and have a cold one with us.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:43 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote: Big Sky Teams recruit specifically to play Big Sky Teams.
So you guys specifically went out and got several 5' 9" Dbs because of all the tall receivers in the league? Interesting idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:24 pm

VictorG wrote:
So you guys specifically went out and got several 5' 9" Dbs because of all the tall receivers in the league? Interesting idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
I can't wait to see how it turns out too!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:15 pm

VictorG wrote:
WOw, those 6'0 plus CB's the Griz have really shut down the Kats. I guess cover skills do play a role over height across the middle and outside underneath routes. :) I don't think I saw a Griz CB within 5 feet of the WR on 15 pass plays probably that game last night.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:59 pm

Just think how bad it would have been had the Griz played short DB's! :)

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:01 pm

VictorG wrote:Just think how bad it would have been had the Griz played short DB's! :)
That QB for for SHS looked pretty damn good though. Some of those were laser passes that the defense couldn't do anything about I thought. That laid out catch over the middle was awesome play by QB/WR. Gatewood had a play like that down right side for the Cats but dropped the ball ... imagine that :shock:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Keeping tabs on the enemy

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:56 am

catatac wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byt ... &year=2004

Interesting. The griz are currently the 6th worst passing D team in 1AA football. :shock: 10th worst in ppg. Probably won't improve on that Saturday as Sam Houston is currently 3rd best team in 1AA for passing offense. Looks to be a shootout that will really test the Griz secondary. If the Griz keep putting points up via defense and special teams, they should be able to escape with a W. However I would bet that SHS outgains the Griz in total yardage, just as Maine and Hofstra have done. I think the Griz D will eventually come around and be pretty decent at some point this year, but they aren't there yet. They're way down there on run D as well. No way I'd trade our D for their's today. Hopefully I can say the same for the Offense after saturday!!! :)
I guess I gave the Griz a little too much credit on this one.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:59 am

jagur1 wrote:I'm In:

15 for 29 1Td, 1 Int 167 Yard 15 carries for 15 yards.

6 punts for 39.8 avg.

One cat win.
\

Ya got me Shag... you were pretty good on this one, thanks AGAIN to several dropped passes. Enough with the excuses though - we ain't gettin it done on offense yet, hoping it comes around soon!!!

Actual #'s

17 for 39 for 160 something. 2 int's. 60 some yards rushing. Punts are pretty close too. Nice work! :lol:

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:46 am

catatac: watch out the Flu is going around Bozeman. Don't worry nobody on the team caught it. :D

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:18 pm

jagur1 wrote:catatac: watch out the Flu is going around Bozeman. Don't worry nobody on the team caught it. :D
Ba dum dum teesh! Good one. Personally I also like the "Those Bobcat receivers have 4.4 speed, but 5.0 hands!" That was pretty good.

My favorite quote I've seen about the Griz game, and actually posted by a Griz fan:

"I haven't seen a beating like that since I watched The Passion of the Christ."