MSU plates vrs UM plates

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

MSU plates vrs UM plates

Post by mslacat » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:52 am

OK the last week or so there has been a few comments about " typical" car/drive who has
MSU plates vrs UM plates. Before I get into this I want to say that my following
comments are not meant as a generalization of all UM or MSU plate. Lets just say this is
the observation of a guy who lives in Missoula and spends most of his daily time north of
the Clark Fork river in Missoula, but this is my observation: There are a lot, a surprising
large, amount of MSU plates on cars, here in Missoula and you would be pressed to find
a MSU plate on a car over 4 years old! On the other hand, there are of course
exponentially more Griz plates on a very wide variety of cars, but could someone tell me
why when ever I get behind a "Griz plate" driving the 2-3 miles down the Rattlesnake, to
work in the morning it takes 20 minutes to travel the 2-3 miles, and their brake lights
NEVER go off!

OK I feel better now..........

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU plates vrs UM plates

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:06 am

mslacat wrote:OK the last week or so there has been a few comments about " typical" car/drive who has
MSU plates vrs UM plates. Before I get into this I want to say that my following
comments are not meant as a generalization of all UM or MSU plate. Lets just say this is
the observation of a guy who lives in Missoula and spends most of his daily time north of
the Clark Fork river in Missoula, but this is my observation: There are a lot, a surprising
large, amount of MSU plates on cars, here in Missoula and you would be pressed to find
a MSU plate on a car over 4 years old! On the other hand, there are of course
exponentially more Griz plates on a very wide variety of cars, but could someone tell me
why when ever I get behind a "Griz plate" driving the 2-3 miles down the Rattlesnake, to
work in the morning it takes 20 minutes to travel the 2-3 miles, and their brake lights
NEVER go off!

Its probably because they are still re-living that opening kick off in their mind from last year and are thinking of ways not to kick it to our return man this year. Remember, Bobby told the kicker not to kick it to him ;)

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU plates vrs UM plates

Post by VictorG » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:16 am

mslacat wrote: but could someone tell me
NEVER go off!

Because we know it's you! I just LOVE doing that to cat fans! :D

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:09 pm

That's funny this was brought up now, it kind of makes me giggle. The other day I'm sitting at a stop light in Hamilton and a Ford Taurus at the intersection just decides to gun it through a red light (the light had been red for about 30 seconds)

Go figure.....There's a little script on his license plate "Go Cats"

:lol:

FTC

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:27 pm

Nick wrote: The other day I'm sitting at a stop light in Hamilton...
Wait... there is a stoplight in Hamilton?

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:35 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Nick wrote: The other day I'm sitting at a stop light in Hamilton...
Wait... there is a stoplight in Hamilton?
Yes. Four glorious stop lights. 8)

FTC

soccertodd
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by soccertodd » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:30 pm

I'm so glad someone finally brought this up. I have observed this exact phenomenon many times. You know that country song "Here's your sign"? I decided that song was about Griz license plates.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:52 pm

Before I moved away, I had MSU plates that were personalized. They read: FTG . I now have the same plates here and am very very proud of them!!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:01 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Before I moved away, I had MSU plates that were personalized. They read: FTG . I now have the same plates here and am very very proud of them!!
Do you have issues? Maybe you and BearBAC can get together and figure out who hates their rival the most.

Vegas: I hate the Griz
Bear: I hate the Cats
Vegas: I hate the Griz more than you hate the Cats
Bear: na uh
Vegas: ya huh
Bear:NA UH
Vegas: 3 words....TWO IN A ROW.
Bear: You can't even count
Vegas: Shutup!
Bear: Make me!
Vegas: Wanna go for a beer?
Bear: Sure, I'm only 19 though.
Vegas: Me too, Rockin' R
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:03 pm

I don't get it...Forgot the Girls? Maybe you should go back and get them, I know my wife would be a bit miffed if I forgot her.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:38 pm

Let's see....... 1994 til now would be 10.

24 in 94.

that puts me in the 30's

What is long and hard on a griz backer?

THE THIRD GRADE!!!

Nobody intelligent enough for you to talk to on a griz web page, or do they even know how to turn on the computer in stinky town?

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Let's see....... 1994 til now would be 10.

24 in 94.

that puts me in the 30's

What is long and hard on a griz backer?

THE THIRD GRADE!!!

Nobody intelligent enough for you to talk to on a griz web page, or do they even know how to turn on the computer in stinky town?
Sorry about that....A 30-some year old with issues. Did you get your heart broke by a girl from Missoula? The hate runs deep in your veins. Judging by your license plates, you're hate for the Griz overshadows your love for the Cats. That's ok, we have our share of those as well. BearBAC, you guilty little Grizzly. :wink:

We come in peace...most of the time. 8-[

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:54 pm

Thank god I didn't get my heart broke by a Msla girl. I would be too scared to meet one. She might look like your image. Msla is a great town, 'cept for two glaring setbacks: 1) it has the griz. 2) it stinks there; literally.

Maybe it was something in the air that brought on my dislike of the griz.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:17 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Thank god I didn't get my heart broke by a Msla girl. I would be too scared to meet one. She might look like your image. Msla is a great town, 'cept for two glaring setbacks: 1) it has the griz. 2) it stinks there; literally.

Maybe it was something in the air that brought on my dislike of the griz.
Hey! What's wrong with my image?? I's always gittin' comments on ma purty liddle face.