from the Missoulian

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

from the Missoulian

Post by kcatz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:56 pm

"Yesterday was difficult," Hauck said. "We didn't play well and consequently lost the game to a good football team. Those sort of things happen. If you look at I-A football, No. 3 Miami lost at home (14-10) to an unranked Georgia Tech team last night. It's similar to us being ranked No. 3, and losing to a team that maybe we expected to beat.

Wow, baby has grown up! I think he just compared us to Georgia Tech.

oh and by the way:

"maybe we expected to beat." ???? Talk to most Cat faithful and we fully expected to beat the Griz.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: from the Missoulian

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:58 pm

kcatz wrote:"Yesterday was difficult," Hauck said. "We didn't play well and consequently lost the game to a good football team. Those sort of things happen. If you look at I-A football, No. 3 Miami lost at home (14-10) to an unranked Georgia Tech team last night. It's similar to us being ranked No. 3, and losing to a team that maybe we expected to beat.

oh and by the way:

"maybe we expected to beat." ???? Talk to most Cat faithful and we fully expected to beat the Griz.
Yep, I think our team/fans/coaches all knew we were going to beat them. I think we will next year as well. Keep in mind, that this last game showed we can w/o Lulay having a super big game against them. If all the players play as a team and we remain balanced on offense we can no doubt beat them again next year. Our defense should be pretty darn good.

tacoma_griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tacoma_griz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:18 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
kcatz wrote:"Yesterday was difficult," Hauck said. "We didn't play well and consequently lost the game to a good football team. Those sort of things happen. If you look at I-A football, No. 3 Miami lost at home (14-10) to an unranked Georgia Tech team last night. It's similar to us being ranked No. 3, and losing to a team that maybe we expected to beat.

oh and by the way:

Yep, I think our team/fans/coaches all knew we were going to beat them. I think we will next year as well. Keep in mind, that this last game showed we can w/o Lulay having a super big game against them. If all the players play as a team and we remain balanced on offense we can no doubt beat them again next year. Our defense should be pretty darn good.
******. you started to jump ship even after the cal poly game. i love how most of you come out of the woodwork after a win over the griz. pathetic.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:23 pm

tacoma_griz wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:

oh and by the way:

******. you started to jump ship even after the cal poly game. i love how most of you come out of the woodwork after a win over the griz. pathetic.
You wana read about jumping ship? Read egriz after the EWU loss. Or even the SDSU win.

We've been here all year bud, I'm guessing you only showed up when WE lost to raz us, so you would have no idea.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:10 pm

CelticCat wrote: You wana read about jumping ship? Read egriz after the EWU loss. Or even the SDSU win.

We've been here all year bud, I'm guessing you only showed up when WE lost to raz us, so you would have no idea.
Tacoma does have a point though, doesn't he? I mean, I'll agree that the Griz have had an off year, and that a lot of the Griz "faithful" have jumped ship at various times this season. However, the Cats were pretty inconsistent this year as well, and if Cat fans are honest with themselves, I think most will admit that they had doubts about beating the Griz at various times during the year.

It's fine to be happy about the win; your team earned that for you, but acting like you knew something Griz fans didn't because you "knew all along" that the Cats would beat the Griz seems a tad disingenuous. Neither team was quite good enough this year that their fans should have been that certain going into the game.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:14 pm

Grizlaw wrote:Neither team was quite good enough this year that their fans should have been that certain going into the game.
Ahmen.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:48 pm

For the record Tacoma Griz, I have been a die hard cat fan as long as I can remember. I grew up 45 miles north of Missoula, graduated from high school and attended MSU during the "drought," and I worked for 1 1/2 years in the fine city of Missoula. Through all of that my support for the Cats has never wavered.

I am the kind of fan true Griz fans should envy....I don't give up on my team, even when they are 0 and 11 (yes I remember that year fondly also).

And I did know from your second game that there was no way that the Griz would beat us at home this year. I hoped we would have done better and was very disappointed when we lost to EWU, but through it all I KNEW we would beat the Griz.

My original point was that the head coach didn't appear to go into the game believing that it was a game they would win. Guess we know how that turned out for you all.

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:20 pm

kcatz wrote:For the record Tacoma Griz, I have been a die hard cat fan as long as I can remember. I grew up 45 miles north of Missoula, graduated from high school and attended MSU during the "drought," and I worked for 1 1/2 years in the fine city of Missoula. Through all of that my support for the Cats has never wavered.

I am the kind of fan true Griz fans should envy....I don't give up on my team, even when they are 0 and 11 (yes I remember that year fondly also).

And I did know from your second game that there was no way that the Griz would beat us at home this year. I hoped we would have done better and was very disappointed when we lost to EWU, but through it all I KNEW we would beat the Griz.

My original point was that the head coach didn't appear to go into the game believing that it was a game they would win. Guess we know how that turned out for you all.
Yeah. Right. The Griz will be thinking about that all day Saturday in its traditional Saturday-After-Thanksgiving Ritual of playing football.