this might be a little optimistic!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

this might be a little optimistic!!

Post by thuss » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:22 pm

Well I carefully analyzed our hopes at playoffs and here it is. By the way the new poll results are in on the sportsnetwork.com

Okay,

A10, Big Sky, Gateway, MEAC, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, and Southland all get auto bids. That leaves eight other at-large bids.

PENDING A WIN AGAINST THE GRIZ, for autos i get this.
A10-New Hampshire
Big Sky- East. Wash.
Gateway - Youngstown St.
MEAC - Hampton
Ohio Valley- Eastern Illinois
Patriot - Lehigh
Southern -App. St.
Southland- Texas St.

Now this leaves us with 8 more. Here are my deffinates no argument about it.
Cal Poly
Coastal Carolina
Griz, just because no voters will leave them out and thats fair.
South Carolina St.
Georgia Southern, cause they are done @ 8-3
Furman

This is where things get interesting with 2 more spots available. Should be between: in this order
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Richmond
Montana State (take notice we are last on my optimistic list)

Northern Iowa (7-3) plays Northern Arizona, GO JACKS!! Jacks could pull it off but its a long shot.
Southern Illinois (7-3) plays #20 North Dak. St., GO BISON!!
Richmond Spiders (7-3) play William and Mary, GO Whatever they call themselves!!
OF COURSE,
MSU hosts #3 Griz

If we can beat the griz, and a big win would help, we will move up in the polls. However we are going to need some major help from at least two of the three above. The best chances are for William & Mary and ND st.

By the way many will contend my analysis with Grambling, Brown and ND st. None of these teams are eligable for playoffs.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, GRIZ WELCOME, WHY NOT!

anacondagriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: this might be a little optimistic!!

Post by anacondagriz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:31 pm

thuss wrote:Well I carefully analyzed our hopes at playoffs and here it is. By the way the new poll results are in on the sportsnetwork.com

Okay,

A10, Big Sky, Gateway, MEAC, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, and Southland all get auto bids. That leaves eight other at-large bids.

PENDING A WIN AGAINST THE GRIZ, for autos i get this.
A10-New Hampshire
Big Sky- East. Wash.
Gateway - Youngstown St.
MEAC - Hampton
Ohio Valley- Eastern Illinois
Patriot - Lehigh
Southern -App. St.
Southland- Texas St.

Now this leaves us with 8 more. Here are my deffinates no argument about it.
Cal Poly
Coastal Carolina
Griz, just because no voters will leave them out and thats fair.
South Carolina St.
Georgia Southern, cause they are done @ 8-3
Furman

This is where things get interesting with 2 more spots available. Should be between: in this order
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Richmond
Montana State (take notice we are last on my optimistic list)

Northern Iowa (7-3) plays Northern Arizona, GO JACKS!! Jacks could pull it off but its a long shot.
Southern Illinois (7-3) plays #20 North Dak. St., GO BISON!!
Richmond Spiders (7-3) play William and Mary, GO Whatever they call themselves!!
OF COURSE,
MSU hosts #3 Griz

If we can beat the griz, and a big win would help, we will move up in the polls. However we are going to need some major help from at least two of the three above. The best chances are for William & Mary and ND st.

By the way many will contend my analysis with Grambling, Brown and ND st. None of these teams are eligable for playoffs.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, GRIZ WELCOME, WHY NOT!

No. Iowa has already won the autobid from the Gateway so their game vs NAU is meaningless to you. Coastal & South Carolina are far from locks. Your also leaving out 7-4 Illinois St. who would get a spot ahead of you and 8-3 Colgate who would probably get in ahead of you as well. Also if Nicholls St. beats McNeese they are in & Texas St. gets an at large. Also if McNeese does beat Nicholls they are 6-3 w/2 games cancelled because of the hurricane & they have a good win vs Ga. Southern. Oh yeah & you forgot UMASS who is probably ahead of you wheter they win or loss vs. Hofstra on Saturday. That a lotttttt of teams you would have leapfrog.

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:37 pm

Cats beating the Griz is a little better than an unranked McNeese beating Nicholls St.

anacondagriz

Post by anacondagriz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:40 pm

thuss wrote:Cats beating the Griz is a little better than an unranked McNeese beating Nicholls St.
I will give you that. But McNeese would still be 6-3 & the committee said they could make exceptions for teams affected the hurricane. But lets say you are head of McNeese. Give me your reasoning for all the other teams you would have to leapfrog.

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:47 pm

Give me the teams we need to leap frog

anacondagriz

Post by anacondagriz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:56 pm

thuss wrote:Give me the teams we need to leap frog
Here are the teams I see being ahead of you. Colgate, UMASS, Cal Poly, S. Illinois, Texas St., Illinois St., Montana, Coastal Carolina, South Carolina, Richmond, Furman, Ga. Southern. Lafayette, Youngstown St.

These are the teams that I don't see getting the autobirth from their league. Of course I put Montana in their because unless you beat us it is a moot point.

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:02 pm

I for one hate to say it, but the Cats only have one game left this season. It really makes you look back and wish we played a D-II instead of Cal Poly. The 2002 & 2003 had exciting finishes, and the 2004-2005 seasons have had awful finishes. Time to look forward to the basketball season... :(

FTG

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:26 pm

This is all depending on Cats beating the Griz, and it is a maybe not for sure. THE VOTERS DECIDE.

Colgate- is not even ranked and they play No D-1A schools and play the easy patriot league.
UMass- probably in over us unless they get beat bad by Hofstra and then its a toss up with us beating Griz. but voters like the east.
Cal Poly - already said they are in
Southern Illinois - if they lose to ND st. and we beat griz I think we get the nod over them both being 7-4. we did play a very tough schedule.
Texas St. - already said they are in
Illinois St. - Cats are already ranked better and they probably won't take 4 from their conference.
Montana - even though they would take 3rd in big sky with a loss to Cats the 3 losses would be better even though they did play D-II. Voters like'm and they deserve it. in
Coastal Carolina - already said they are in.
South Carolina St. - already said they are in.
Furman- already said they are in
Richmond - If they lose to William & Mary and we beat griz we move up they move down and we get nod over them.
Georgia S.
- already said they are in.
Younstown St. - already in
lafayette - yeah right, how bout not.

Once again, I am not planning on watching the Cats in the playoffs. However I do feel there is some chance.

Believe me its a long shot, but things could happen.

If they did make the playoffs I would still want Kramer out.

GO BOBCAT BASKETBALL! haha

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:26 pm

mquast53000 wrote:I for one hate to say it, but the Cats only have one game left this season. It really makes you look back and wish we played a D-II instead of Cal Poly. The 2002 & 2003 had exciting finishes, and the 2004-2005 seasons have had awful finishes. Time to look forward to the basketball season... :(
:goodpost:

Yep, this is our last game - no matter who else beats whoever. It just isn't going to happen.

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:51 pm

I honestly don't think it's that far of a long shot for the cats to get if they can win this weekend.

They're 18th right now, and a few teams above them will not be going, one of them is North Dakota St. There is no way both Cal Poly and NDSU will get at large bids, the cats beat them anyways.

The voters will also look at Lulay, a Payton candidate, they'll probably like to keep him in the playoffs to see what more he can do. Also compared to many of the other teams in the 13 - 22 rankings the cats probably have a higher attendance than most, another thing the committee would like.

Of course the cats have to win for this to happen. Personally, I don't see it happening, but I'm a Griz fan, so yeah...

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:07 pm

Re/Max Griz wrote:I honestly don't think it's that far of a long shot for the cats to get if they can win this weekend.

They're 18th right now, and a few teams above them will not be going, one of them is North Dakota St. There is no way both Cal Poly and NDSU will get at large bids, the cats beat them anyways.

The voters will also look at Lulay, a Payton candidate, they'll probably like to keep him in the playoffs to see what more he can do. Also compared to many of the other teams in the 13 - 22 rankings the cats probably have a higher attendance than most, another thing the committee would like.

Of course the cats have to win for this to happen. Personally, I don't see it happening, but I'm a Griz fan, so yeah...
NDSU is not eligible for post season play.

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:39 pm

Well...there you go.

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: this might be a little optimistic!!

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:41 pm

thuss wrote:I carefully analyzed our hopes at playoffs
Realistically, they're squat.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.