selective "history"

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:22 pm

thuss wrote:RE/MAX,

It is sickening that you are on this that late at night. May I ask what your real intentions are on the internet at midnight on a thursday. You need to find something esle to do with your time, or do like the rest of society and SLEEP.
To answer Thuss and E_G sudden concern for my "late nite" posting, I can sum it up very easily.

A 7 1/2 month old baby boy whose bedtime is usually inbetween midnight and 1:00 AM. My wife's in school, so a lot of times I get the late night duty.

- Also I didn't change my timezone or whatever for daylight savings so the time on my post is actually 1 hour later then when I really posted it.

E_G, not drunk, but 2 glasses of Dunham red wine blend did help me create those thoughts. The reason, Gato, why I said that was an earlier poster mentioned the cats have 4 - 5 WR threats, but I only statistically saw 3. So using that Cat fans interpertation (sp?) of a dangerous wideout, I said the Griz have 6. For real, they've really only got 1 solid threat, Talmage, and two emerging threats, Bags and Ferriter.
Last edited by BWahlberg on Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWahlberg

Re: bearbac

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:30 pm

thuss wrote:
Re/Max Griz wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:how is it that you classify us as a one man team? then what are you? we have lulay. you have hilliard. period. if we are one man, you are easily a one man squad. hypocrite.
Wrong. Lex is the major contributor, but he's not accountable for damn near 90% of the offensive production like Lulay has been. Since he's been a starter Cole Berquist averages more pass yards per game than Lex averages running. Since becoming a starter Cole has 5 TD passes while Lex has 5 rushing TDs, one man team huh?
QB yards and RB yards are not even comparable. Of course a QB is going to have more yards passing than even the best running back. look at the stats between Dan Marino and Emmit Smith. If YOU compared them in yards YOU would say that Dan Marino was the most dominating player ever in the game of football. That is a horrible argument!!

C'mon you have to have something better than that. Or maybe you are just saying lex is mediocre and compares a average redshirt freshman QB. If that is the case, maybe you should take that up with the rest of your griz fans. Can't believe i'd ever hear anybody debate between a QB and RB based on yards. HORRIBLE!! you can do better than that. GEEEZ!
Well what about TDs? Both have had 5 since Cole started playing, thats a pretty even contribution, isn't it? Both are threats, and the Cats will find that out on the 19th

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:01 pm

ReMax,

Answer accepted. I BARELY remember those nights; I'm so thankful my kids are beyond that stage. When they get older, you won't be able to get them to get up!

I will be curious to follow the future of Bagley; I saw him several times in High School on both the football field & bball court. He's obviously got some athletic talent, but he seemed a bit "aloof" at times to me. I've also heard he's a bit "eccentric", for lack of a more blunt term. If his head is into football, I'm sure he'll end up being a very good WR for the Griz.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:46 pm

Thanks E_G,

I have heard the same about Bags as well. In the last 4 games he's really stepped up, which is good because I would assume he'll be the go-to guy next year, barring any D1 or JuCo transfers that take the spot from him.

bleedbluegold
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bleedbluegold » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:19 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:4 or 5 dangerous receivers? Ok theres Gatewood, Murray & Guinn but who else? Very little recievers with big numbers after those three. If we're going by a fans opinion of "dangerous" then the Griz (IMO) have 6 dangerous wideouts, Talmage, Bagley, Ferriter, Troxel, Allen & Schulte. We've also got 3 dangerous RBs, Lex, JR and Brady Green.
Got me on the 4 or 5 dangerous receivers - Jevon Miller had more hype than actual production - but then I would consider Ferriter, Troxel, Allen & Schulte FAR from dangerous - only Ferriter has gotten anywhere near a 100 yard receiving game. Gatewood - MSU's second leading receiver - has over 100 yards more than UM's leading receiver, Talmage. But then you also have to account for the fact that Hilliard gets alot more yards, and MSU's leading rusher is Travis Lulay at a tad over 400. That's the one thing that I like the least about this year's Cat team.

3 deep at defensive back? You're also 7 deep in the pass defense stats :P

Cats 16, Griz 6 -- Eat Sh@t Grizzlies!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:59 am

True true bleedin, can't deny the facts. The Griz have rolled one of their more probelmatic CBs to saftey, Kevin Edwards. His pass coverage had suddenly sunk, and he's given up a lot of deep passes.

Ferriter is probably the most promising WR of the youngest bunch, his stats aren't big, but in his 1st 4 games he only had 6 catches for 38 yards. When Cole took the reigns he seemed to like Ferriter, probably b/c Ferriter just didn't drop any passes. Agaist EWU Mike had 8 catches for 87 yards (he also had a 38 yard run on a weird looking option play), and then against CP he had 3 for 22 before getting his nose broken. He started to show a lot of promise b/c unlike Bagley, Allen and Troxel he caught the ball every time it was thrown his way. I think he's sitting again this weekend, but should be back for Suc St, if so I have a good feeling the Cats will get a healthy dose of him this year.