Prukop

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Prukop

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:08 pm

My biggest frustration with Prukop was his inability to lead the offense on a game winning drive at the end of the 4th quarter. EWU, Poly, UND...I'm not blaming it all on him. Brekke dropped a good pass to seal the loss against EWU, but he lacked the magic of a Tom Brady, or a Vernon Adams, or a Travis Lulay...prukops biggest hurdle is going to be learning how to lead the offense on a game winning drive at the end of the fourth. It's perhaps the most important quality in differentiating an elite quarterback from a very good QB.

An elite QB doesn't underthrow a wide open Charles Nelson to to finish out the game.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:40 am

Prukop played well under pressure. Down 8 in the second half he led consecutive TD drives. After a pair of first downs on the last drive a holding call ran it aground.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bornbobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bornbobcat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:46 am

I hope he continues to play at the high level he has been. Read an article the other day that said he has had the best start of ANY Oregon QB in over 30 years. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, since we were at the cat game but it sounded like penalties more then anything prevented Oregon from winning and Dakota made big plays multiple times, each one being negated by a penalty. All with out possibly one of the best rb in the nation.

jdevries
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jdevries » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Loved watching him play. "It wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit if we sent Graduate students to Oregon every year!! Keep the young talent coming!! I hope we use this a recruiting tool going forward. Hell, I hope DP ends up in the NFL for the same reason! The more success he has the better for the Cats!

Bobcat For Life

Football games are won at the LOS

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Prukop benched for Herbert in WSU game.