Griz RB arrested for DUI

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz RB arrested for DUI

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Help me out Grizidiot. It seems all of the posts above except for AGDui think your theory holds zero water. The only back pedaling is you not answering questions posed to you. You keep referring to the code like it is the constitution. It apparently has kept one of your latest convicts on the team.

As for private messages, AGdouchebag don't count. Neither does Griz1. Seriously, who private messaged you? Help me out? All made up in that small mind of yours? I am not the one on a rivals board trying to justify keeping a DUI with a 3rd team infraction on the team.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:Help me out Grizidiot. It seems all of the posts above except for AGDui think your theory holds zero water. The only back pedaling is you not answering questions posed to you. You keep referring to the code like it is the constitution. It apparently has kept one of your latest convicts on the team.

As for private messages, AGdouchebag don't count. Neither does Griz1. Seriously, who private messaged you? Help me out? All made up in that small mind of yours? I am not the one on a rivals board trying to justify keeping a DUI with a 3rd team infraction on the team.
I do appreciate how Grizaddict accuses others of talking "smack" while completely contradicting himself in this thread on at least two instances, and now ghosted here once he figured out his only ally is a "man" who thinks that DUI laws are for some reason stupid.

Those are our Griz fans here, outside of grizgirl.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Notre Dame kicks five off team, suspends 6th.

Just for being arrested, and none of them apparently with previous offenses.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/colle ... -1.1648546

Nice to see a program with a bit of integrity, unlike that zoo in Missoula where winning football games is all that matters, if when a player with a previous conviction gets arrested for DUI and refused to blow, which breaks the terms of his probation. Hey, but he averaged 5.4 ypc.

I'd rather be a fan of a mediocre team than "win" the way Stitt is going about it.

What a ride

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:13 pm

PapaG wrote:Notre Dame kicks five off team, suspends 6th.

Nice to see a program with a bit of integrity, unlike that zoo in Missoula where winning football games is all that matters, if when a player with a previous conviction gets arrested for DUI and refused to blow, which breaks the terms of his probation. Hey, but he averaged 5.4 ypc.

I'd rather be a fan of a mediocre team than "win" the way Stitt is going about it.
Man you suck with actual facts. Did you even read the article you posted you nitwit? Exactly ONE player got kicked off, the ONE who beat up a police officer which is a FELONY. ONE was suspended indefinitely. The other 4 will face internal disciplinary measures even though they were charged with two separate misdemeanors (marijuana and illegal gun possession)

If you're gonna make stuff up hide the article with the facts next time.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Grizaddict wrote:

Man you suck with actual facts. Did you even read the article you posted you nitwit? Exactly ONE player got kicked off, the ONE who beat up a police officer which is a FELONY. ONE was suspended indefinitely. The other 4 will face internal disciplinary measures even though they were charged with two separate misdemeanors (marijuana and illegal gun possession)

I didnt read the article but not including the kid with the felony, one player was suspended and the other four are facing internal discipline. Help me out, but has Counts been suspended? Has any public statement been made about internal discipline? I know you have the CODE to lean on. Apparently Notre Dame aplies their code in a different manner than the folks at UM.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 am

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I didnt read the article but not including the kid with the felony, one player was suspended and the other four are facing internal discipline. Help me out, but has Counts been suspended? Has any public statement been made about internal discipline? I know you have the CODE to lean on. Apparently Notre Dame aplies their code in a different manner than the folks at UM.
Upon further review, it's even more interesting. The player who beat up a cop is possibly receiving TWO felony charges, one for resisting arrest and one for assault of a police officer. Surprisingly enough, this player WAS NOT dismissed from the team and has only been suspended indefinitely until.....get this.....due process plays out and ND sees if charges are formally brought and what charges they will be. Hmmmm, sounds awfully familiar with the Counts situation and Counts is only facing a misdemeanor not two potential felonies. Interesting how that works.

The one who was dismissed from the team is a senior who coach said is held to a higher standard (which I agree with) and was arrested with the 4 others for two misdemeanors, one for marijuana possession and the other for an illegal handgun. So the senior got the boot while the other 4 underclassmen only face internal disciplinary action.

In my opinion, this actually sends some mixed signals. While I applaud ND for holding the upperclassmen to higher standards, it seems strange to me that the player with a possible two felony charges coming his way is still around until it's all official. Also the 4 underclassmen who were arrested for the exact same offenses as the senior only face internal disciplinary action. That seems to say "as long as you're not an upperclassmen you can get into trouble and still stick around". If anything, it creates more gray area in my opinion.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:08 am

I just read this whole thread and I'm mentally tired. Wow. And I don't think a lot of you are getting Grizaddict's points here. You guys are just talking around in circles and everyone is confused.

Counts will be suspended. If the dui doesn't stick he will be suspended for 30% of the games. If the DUI does stick he will be kicked off the team. By refusing to blow, he gets the 30% as soon as the Missoula AD does what it does.(the school is waiting for that to happen before it goes further, right or wrong) That, violating his probation by refusing to comply, will be considered the 2nd offense. The DUI, if it sticks, will be considered the 3rd. The 2nd, which will happen, gets the 30% BUT not suspension from team activities(practice). The DUI, as the 3rd offense, IF IT STICKS(we all think it should but will it???) will end his time on the team.

If the DUI does not stick, we can all agree it should've stuck as he refused to blow. But that's why he hired a lawyer. He's not the only one that's ever hired a lawyer to get him off a DUI. It is what it is.

And in an earlier post GA said he would kick him off the team. But he is EXPLAINING why Counts is still on the team at this point. Not defending it. Trust me, after just losing a half hour of my life to this thread, he did not defend Counts being on the team.

If Counts was charged with the same thing as Daly, he would be suspended from team activities(practice and games). That is the level or tier that felony charges are. The DUI is a different level.

Now that is my explanation of the Code of Conduct. NOT MY DEFENSE OF IT. And think all except for AG1 can agree that he shouldn't be on the team anymore and that, is on Stitt. He has a choice here. I think the CofC was written to push the coaches and AD into AT LEAST doing this much, but they should be able to do more, if they wanted to.

Counts will not play their first game. Mark it down. If you think he will, then put some money down and I will take that action.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Upon further review, it's even more interesting. The player who beat up a cop is possibly receiving TWO felony charges, one for resisting arrest and one for assault of a police officer. Surprisingly enough, this player WAS NOT dismissed from the team and has only been suspended indefinitely until.....get this.....due process plays out and ND sees if charges are formally brought and what charges they will be. Hmmmm, sounds awfully familiar with the Counts situation and Counts is only facing a misdemeanor not two potential felonies. Interesting how that works.

The one who was dismissed from the team is a senior who coach said is held to a higher standard (which I agree with) and was arrested with the 4 others for two misdemeanors, one for marijuana possession and the other for an illegal handgun. So the senior got the boot while the other 4 underclassmen only face internal disciplinary action.

In my opinion, this actually sends some mixed signals. While I applaud ND for holding the upperclassmen to higher standards, it seems strange to me that the player with a possible two felony charges coming his way is still around until it's all official. Also the 4 underclassmen who were arrested for the exact same offenses as the senior only face internal disciplinary action. That seems to say "as long as you're not an upperclassmen you can get into trouble and still stick around". If anything, it creates more gray area in my opinion.
The senior had a history of trouble. He was one of the players who didn't play in ND's bowl game last year due to suspension. That's why he was dismissed. I'm guessing he was on his last warning.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:20 am

lutecat wrote:I just read this whole thread and I'm mentally tired. Wow. And I don't think a lot of you are getting Grizaddict's points here. You guys are just talking around in circles and everyone is confused.

Counts will be suspended. If the dui doesn't stick he will be suspended for 30% of the games. If the DUI does stick he will be kicked off the team. By refusing to blow, he gets the 30% as soon as the Missoula AD does what it does.(the school is waiting for that to happen before it goes further, right or wrong) That, violating his probation by refusing to comply, will be considered the 2nd offense. The DUI, if it sticks, will be considered the 3rd. The 2nd, which will happen, gets the 30% BUT not suspension from team activities(practice). The DUI, as the 3rd offense, IF IT STICKS(we all think it should but will it???) will end his time on the team.

If the DUI does not stick, we can all agree it should've stuck as he refused to blow. But that's why he hired a lawyer. He's not the only one that's ever hired a lawyer to get him off a DUI. It is what it is.

And in an earlier post GA said he would kick him off the team. But he is EXPLAINING why Counts is still on the team at this point. Not defending it. Trust me, after just losing a half hour of my life to this thread, he did not defend Counts being on the team.

If Counts was charged with the same thing as Daly, he would be suspended from team activities(practice and games). That is the level or tier that felony charges are. The DUI is a different level.

Now that is my explanation of the Code of Conduct. NOT MY DEFENSE OF IT. And think all except for AG1 can agree that he shouldn't be on the team anymore and that, is on Stitt. He has a choice here. I think the CofC was written to push the coaches and AD into AT LEAST doing this much, but they should be able to do more, if they wanted to.

Counts will not play their first game. Mark it down. If you think he will, then put some money down and I will take that action.
Good summary, except Daly isn't charged with a felony. PFMA first offense is a misdemeanor, it's not until the 3rd one that it becomes a felony. That's why we were discussing the difference in punishment between the two players, and why one is practicing with the team while the other is not.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:15 pm

lutecat wrote:I just read this whole thread and I'm mentally tired. Wow. And I don't think a lot of you are getting Grizaddict's points here. You guys are just talking around in circles and everyone is confused.

First and foremost, thank you for your thoughts and insights. I also appreciate you defending what I was attempting to do, which you were spot on with, just trying to tell and show others there is a very specific code in place for all punishment which is what dictates everything. You are now officially my favorite other cat poster next to Vim :D

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Well, I guess this begs the question, why isn't Daly practicing? Is MSU just stricter with its athletes than UM? He hasn't been convicted with anything, so he should be on the field. He's innocent until proven guilty, same as Counts, who is innocent of breaking his parole and DUI until proven guilty.

St George

Post by St George » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:40 pm

iaafan wrote:Well, I guess this begs the question, why isn't Daly practicing? Is MSU just stricter with its athletes than UM? He hasn't been convicted with anything, so he should be on the field. He's innocent until proven guilty, same as Counts, who is innocent of breaking his parole and DUI until proven guilty.
It is typical of liberals having double standards, Same reason Hillary is not in jail.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:37 pm

lutecat - I posted this earlier but not seeing it. My point was, since he was already on probation... getting arrested for DUI should have been enough to give Stitt the option of sitting out of practices for awhile until things got sorted out, without the threat of legal action, no?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Grizaddict wrote:

I read the article. Why is Counts scrimmaging with the team? I do like how hard you try to defend Stitt showing bias over who gets suspended, and who doesn't.

Embrace your outlaw image in Griz Land. It's the Stitt way!
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Counts will be suspended. If the dui doesn't stick he will be suspended for 30% of the games. If the DUI does stick he will be kicked off the team. By refusing to blow, he gets the 30% as soon as the Missoula AD does what it does.
I completely understand the point. If the DUI case drags out into after the season, and Counts is then found guilty yet played the entire season, what kind of discipline does that show? The entire point is that waiting to suspend players from the team (not kick them out of school) until the legal process runs its course is absurd, especially considering the recent history within that program.

What a ride

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:24 pm

catatac wrote:lutecat - I posted this earlier but not seeing it. My point was, since he was already on probation... getting arrested for DUI should have been enough to give Stitt the option of sitting out of practices for awhile until things got sorted out, without the threat of legal action, no?
Absolutely. And GA wasn't saying he shouldn't. In fact I read him say he was of the opinion he should be suspended now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 pm

PapaG wrote:
Counts will be suspended. If the dui doesn't stick he will be suspended for 30% of the games. If the DUI does stick he will be kicked off the team. By refusing to blow, he gets the 30% as soon as the Missoula AD does what it does.
I completely understand the point. If the DUI case drags out into after the season, and Counts is then found guilty yet played the entire season, what kind of discipline does that show? The entire point is that waiting to suspend players from the team (not kick them out of school) until the legal process runs its course is absurd, especially considering the recent history within that program.
As I said, if you think he plays the first game let's put a little friendly wager. I have $20 he doesn't play the first game.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:30 pm

lutecat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
As I said, if you think he plays the first game let's put a little friendly wager. I have $20 he doesn't play the first game.

I don't care if he plays the first game, I'm just wondering why other schools suspend players from all team activities while Stitt allows Counts a full fall camp. You can defend it all you care to do so, but the optics on it are terrible considering what just happened to that program. If Counts were practicing with the Bobcats, I'd be mad. I like what Choate did with Tappan and Daly, and no fans here are whining about how unfair it is to either of them. Throw in that Counts has already pleaded guilty to a crime and was on probation, I don't see how anyone can justify him being an active member of the team at this point and taking reps from players who don't have their head up their ass and do stay out of trouble. Is this guy the next Andy Petek?

What a ride

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm not defending it. I explained why it is that way under their little code of conduct. I don't agree with him practicing.

And your post I responded to talked about dragging it out in the courts and him playing the season. So you do think he plays the first game.

Not my battle. I'm done with the thread. I said my piece.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

lutecat wrote:I'm not defending it. I explained why it is that way under their little code of conduct. I don't agree with him practicing.

And your post I responded to talked about dragging it out in the courts and him playing the season. So you do think he plays the first game.

Not my battle. I'm done with the thread. I said my piece.

My first point is that grizaddict was claiming their Code of Conduct takes the "bias" of the coach out of the decision, when it's been shown that Stitt immediately suspended lesser players under this same Code of Conduct just last winter.\

My second point is that UM apparently has loosened their Code of Conduct to the point that players can only be suspended if charged with a felony, or convicted of a crime. Which is stupid and should be an embarrassment for people who care about UM as a university, and not a football factory.

What a ride