Griz RB arrested for DUI

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz RB arrested for DUI

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:26 am

Triple C wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:I would start with people that are bad at math.

You do realize there are 310 million people in the US and sober driver kill 13 times more people.

Lol.......wow some people should breed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
And some people shouldn't... There was a time when posters on this board convinced me you were just "misunderstood".
Well maybe you should run along and keep misunderstanding me, maybe put some words in my mouth like previous posters and not even come close to my point and keep being really really bad at math. Either way I wont lose any sleep over it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:29 am

Triple C wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:There is a Montana State student athlete code of conduct. I did not say it was the same as the Griz, only that you have one too. You can Google it, but it looks like it's from 2013. It looks FAR less organized and elaborate than the U of M one (which in my opinion creates a lot more gray area and opportunity to be lenient or harsh). This may be why your coach, or probably athletic director in all actuality, can make the call on indefinite suspension for a misdemeanor. Whereas the U of M one takes it completely out of the coaches' hands. I am telling you that is why it was created.

You guys keep referring to Tappan for an example since his was also a DUI but I would be willing to bet when he signed papers with the cats he had a one strike and you are out policy due to his past history. So in my opinion that one might have been very easy. You also refer to Daly. I'm not positive that is the best example since he allegedly punched a girl in the face. That may have been a misdemeanor but due to it ferociousness and unpopularity warranted an indefinite suspension. Like I said I'm not sure on the specifics

And lastly, Papa G your example of a Griz player committing manslaughter is moot. That would fall under a category one offens per the student code of conduct and require immediate suspension from all team activities.
Wait just a second... you can't argue that Daly should immediately be suspended if he (as you suggested) "alledgedly" hit the mother of his child while arguing that the Griz should let Count's issue play out. You're awfully quick to defend Counts, who has had multiple issues while thinking Daly's situation was handled correctly.

Would Daly currently be suspended under the Griz code?

(BTW, I think Daly's quick suspension was appropriate and should be the norm, not the exception.)
Wow another guy who decides to post something without having read this thread obviously. You guys do know how these threads work, correct?

You will see that I ALREADY stated I believe counts should have been suspended indefinitely since this is his second offense in less than one year. So I am not defending him as you imply. I never said once that I think they should let it all play out . The only thing I've pointed out is that there is a student code of conduct that governs all of this. Any athlete who gets in trouble will know exactly what their punishment is based on this code.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:55 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:There is a Montana State student athlete code of conduct. I did not say it was the same as the Griz, only that you have one too. You can Google it, but it looks like it's from 2013. It looks FAR less organized and elaborate than the U of M one (which in my opinion creates a lot more gray area and opportunity to be lenient or harsh). This may be why your coach, or probably athletic director in all actuality, can make the call on indefinite suspension for a misdemeanor. Whereas the U of M one takes it completely out of the coaches' hands. I am telling you that is why it was created.

You guys keep referring to Tappan for an example since his was also a DUI but I would be willing to bet when he signed papers with the cats he had a one strike and you are out policy due to his past history. So in my opinion that one might have been very easy. You also refer to Daly. I'm not positive that is the best example since he allegedly punched a girl in the face. That may have been a misdemeanor but due to it ferociousness and unpopularity warranted an indefinite suspension. Like I said I'm not sure on the specifics

And lastly, Papa G your example of a Griz player committing manslaughter is moot. That would fall under a category one offens per the student code of conduct and require immediate suspension from all team activities.
Wait just a second... you can't argue that Daly should immediately be suspended if he (as you suggested) "alledgedly" hit the mother of his child while arguing that the Griz should let Count's issue play out. You're awfully quick to defend Counts, who has had multiple issues while thinking Daly's situation was handled correctly.

(BTW, I think Daly's quick suspension was appropriate and should be the norm, not the exception.)
Wow another guy who decides to post something without having read this thread obviously. You guys do know how these threads work, correct?

You will see that I ALREADY stated I believe counts should have been suspended indefinitely since this is his second offense in less than one year. So I am not defending him as you imply. I never said once that I think they should let it all play out . The only thing I've pointed out is that there is a student code of conduct that governs all of this. Any athlete who gets in trouble will know exactly what their punishment is based on this code.
You need to re-read this thread. While you claim the right action would be to suspend Counts, your actions do not back your words. You go to some length to try and convince us that the a suspension was not possible until due process is followed. Quite frankly, your position is why we think Griz fans are non-sensical and delusional. Win at all costs. The lackadaisical approach to Counts DUI is a black eye on your program. The jacka$$ fans like AG 1 have become the norm. Nobody is interested in your defense of a DUI (because that is what you are doing). Counts has a history of injuries so Stitt will wait until he his hurt and then slap on a suspension.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:14 am

Grizaddict: Where does the UM Code draw the line? Is there a charge that would cause someone to be suspended without access to practice? Could a player assault a coach in front of the whole team with cameras recording the whole event, then say he's not guilty? The coach, due to the Code taking it out of his hands, would then have to let the player practice? It looks like you can just say not guilty and prolong the case until after the season. If so, people could say that UM wants it to be that way in order to keep their players on the field.

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:51 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Wrong. I read the thread and it's clear your explanations are contradictory to one another.

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:54 am

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

You need to re-read this thread. While you claim the right action would be to suspend Counts, your actions do not back your words. You go to some length to try and convince us that the a suspension was not possible until due process is followed. Quite frankly, your position is why we think Griz fans are non-sensical and delusional. Win at all costs. The lackadaisical approach to Counts DUI is a black eye on your program. The jacka$$ fans like AG 1 have become the norm. Nobody is interested in your defense of a DUI (because that is what you are doing). Counts has a history of injuries so Stitt will wait until he his hurt and then slap on a suspension.
Dude come on. You are mistaking my defending the Code of Conduct as defending Counts himself. The code is what it is. It's public, we can all see it, and each athlete knows exactly what his/her punishment will be based on it. It lays it all out there. It makes it plain as day. Why is this so hard to grasp for you and others here? Serious question. It's exactly why Haslam said "we need to let the code of conduct dictate punishment here so we need to wait and see what charge is brought"

Oh and I will bet you publicly $100 that counts is slapped with a suspension as soon as the charge is official through due process. There's no way Stitt/Haslam/Code will make it a "strategic" suspension. Let's put our money where our mouth is.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:58 am

iaafan wrote:Grizaddict: Where does the UM Code draw the line? Is there a charge that would cause someone to be suspended without access to practice? Could a player assault a coach in front of the whole team with cameras recording the whole event, then say he's not guilty? The coach, due to the Code taking it out of his hands, would then have to let the player practice? It looks like you can just say not guilty and prolong the case until after the season. If so, people could say that UM wants it to be that way in order to keep their players on the field.
Yes most definitely. A category I violation calls for immediate suspension and removal from all team activities. These usually fall under any felony charge and cover a plethora of offenses. It's what the 3 who were arrested for breaking and entering were slapped with until the charge was reduced to misdemeanor trespass and they were reinstated. So yes the code handles that as well.

You can also see here that the athletic director makes the call, not the coach:

I Violation
A Category I violation occurs in any situation where an individual:
 Is charged with a felony and, in looking at the totality of the circumstances, it is
reasonable to believe the person committed the act (e.g., rape, sexual assault, other felony assault, felony theft, felony DUI, etc.).
o Preliminary Action: The Athletic Director or his/her designee shall take preliminary action to temporarily suspend a student-athlete from participation in practice, competition, and/or access to athletic department services when a student-athlete has been charged with a felony. The suspension is indefinite pending the outcome of criminal proceedings and disciplinary action by the ACT, which as soon as possible shall be informed by the AD or designee of the temporary suspension and meet to discuss the issue. In cases where charges have not been filed, but reasonable evidence exists that a student-athlete may have committed a Category I violation (e.g., other specific and credible information exists such as arrest record, statements of law enforcement officers, University records, third-party or witness statements, or acknowledgement by the student-athlete), the ACT shall convene and determine preliminary action.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Dude come on. You are mistaking my defending the Code of Conduct as defending Counts himself. The code is what it is. It's public, we can all see it, and each athlete knows exactly what his/her punishment will be based on it. It lays it all out there. It makes it plain as day. Why is this so hard to grasp for you and others here? Serious question. It's exactly why Haslam said "we need to let the code of conduct dictate punishment here so we need to wait and see what charge is brought"

Oh and I will bet you publicly $100 that counts is slapped with a suspension as soon as the charge is official through due process. There's no way Stitt/Haslam/Code will make it a "strategic" suspension. Let's put our money where our mouth is.
Talk about not getting it... No question that Counts will get suspended when he is convicted. We know that will occur. Thank you for proving our point! The code is being manipulated by your decision makers so Counts can continue to play.

Please answer this question, since you agree Counts should be suspended, is the code being applied in a manner to allow him to continue playing? Simple yes or no answer.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:49 pm

It all depends on if a different RB is eligible or not. :-k :-P

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Talk about not getting it... No question that Counts will get suspended when he is convicted. We know that will occur. Thank you for proving our point! The code is being manipulated by your decision makers so Counts can continue to play.

Please answer this question, since you agree Counts should be suspended, is the code being applied in a manner to allow him to continue playing? Simple yes or no answer.
Whoa whoa whoa. You literally just stated above, and I quote (also highlighted it for ya as you seem confused):

"Counts has a history of injuries so Stitt will wait until he is hurt and then slap on a suspension".

When I called you out on that nonsense and said lets bet $100 that he is suspended as soon as charges are official and that there won't be some type of "strategic suspension" like you claim, you have now back pedaled and said "no question that counts gets suspended when he is convicted". Which one is it Catsholic as you're confusing me as much as you seem to be confusing yourself.

As for your question, i say no it is not being applied in a manner to allow him to continue playing. How does Haslam set the punishment when he doesn't know the offense? A DUI warrants dismissal. A lesser charge warrants 30% suspension. I can almost guarantee you he will still practice if it's the 30% because that is not a category I violation requiring removal from all team activities. That will be a 30% suspension from games. Cut and dry per the code. Again which is why it exists.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Wait. What? Grizaddict if you think somebody will bet you $100 if Counts is suspended after charges are brought down, then you very clearly haven't read the code of conduct or this thread. I strongly suggest you review them both before making another post.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:27 pm

The Code of Conduct must mean the coach has no power to apply discipline. Kind of like Coach Ash had to follow the magic 8 ball decision maker for 4th down plays.

I get it.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. You literally just stated above, and I quote (also highlighted it for ya as you seem confused):

"Counts has a history of injuries so Stitt will wait until he is hurt and then slap on a suspension".

When I called you out on that nonsense and said lets bet $100 that he is suspended as soon as charges are official and that there won't be some type of "strategic suspension" like you claim, you have now back pedaled and said "no question that counts gets suspended when he is convicted". Which one is it Catsholic as you're confusing me as much as you seem to be confusing yourself.

As for your question, i say no it is not being applied in a manner to allow him to continue playing. How does Haslam set the punishment when he doesn't know the offense? A DUI warrants dismissal. A lesser charge warrants 30% suspension. I can almost guarantee you he will still practice if it's the 30% because that is not a category I violation requiring removal from all team activities. That will be a 30% suspension from games. Cut and dry per the code. Again which is why it exists.
I am confused. I am confused why your handle is not Grizidiot instead of Grizaddict. Seriously. You argument is just flat out flawed. Other schools take imediate action while the Griz are letting their guy play. And you have a policy to lean on. Unbelievable. Don't give us any crap that your coach allows for no gray area.

Also, your bet is idiotic. You want me to bet that Counts will be suspended immediately after he is convicted??? Of course he will be! My statement was that Counts will conveniently be suspended if he is hurt. The Griz won't wait for conviction under that scenario if he is hurt. With my scenario, he has to be hurt before a conviction. Then the Griz won't wait for a conviction. Does that make sense??? Works in pro football. Of course most Griz fans think they are the NFL and can beat the Green Bay Packers.

Drop the defense of Counts and the CODE. It puts your school in a negative light.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

I am confused. I am confused why your handle is not Grizidiot instead of Grizaddict. Seriously. You argument is just flat out flawed. Other schools take imediate action while the Griz are letting their guy play. And you have a policy to lean on. Unbelievable. Don't give us any crap that your coach allows for no gray area.

Also, your bet is idiotic. You want me to bet that Counts will be suspended immediately after he is convicted??? Of course he will be! My statement was that Counts will conveniently be suspended if he is hurt. The Griz won't wait for conviction under that scenario if he is hurt. With my scenario, he has to be hurt before a conviction. Then the Griz won't wait for a conviction. Does that make sense??? Works in pro football. Of course most Griz fans think they are the NFL and can beat the Green Bay Packers.

Drop the defense of Counts and the CODE. It puts your school in a negative light.
Oooooohhhhhhhh you mean EXACTLY like Choate did with Luke Daly. Now I finally get it!!!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Wait. What? Grizaddict if you think somebody will bet you $100 if Counts is suspended after charges are brought down, then you very clearly haven't read the code of conduct or this thread. I strongly suggest you review them both before making another post.

Nice try. The force is obviously not strong with you Yoda. I'm the one who posted the code of conduct and made people aware of it in the first place. I'm the one who said counts will be suspended as soon as his charge is official after due process. Catholic is the one who said that counts will get a "strategic" suspension from Haslam (since it's in the hands of the AD, not coach) when he gets hurt and it's more convenient for the Griz. I said that's retarded and bet him $100 the suspension won't be strategic and will occur immediately upon knowing the official charges. That's when Cataholic pedaled backwards...awkwardly and fast.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:Wait. What? Grizaddict if you think somebody will bet you $100 if Counts is suspended after charges are brought down, then you very clearly haven't read the code of conduct or this thread. I strongly suggest you review them both before making another post.

Nice try. The force is obviously not strong with you Yoda. I'm the one who posted the code of conduct and made people aware of it in the first place. I'm the one who said counts will be suspended as soon as his charge is official after due process. Catholic is the one who said that counts will get a "strategic" suspension from Haslam (since it's in the hands of the AD, not coach) when he gets hurt and it's more convenient for the Griz. I said that's retarded and bet him $100 the suspension won't be strategic and will occur immediately upon knowing the official charges. That's when Cataholic pedaled backwards...awkwardly and fast.
I haven't seen any backpedaling. Again I suggest you read this thread over again. Your knowledge and understanding of the code is apparently lacking despite that fact you copied and pasted it here.

This enforcement by Stitt is pathetic. Counts is on probation already and it includes the clause that he's not allowed to consume any alcohol. He gets pulled over on a suspected DUI and refuses a breathalyzer. The amount of time you've spent rationalizing Counts being allowed to practice is crazy.

Edit: Yes it is Stitt's job to enforce whether or not Joe can practice. He's in charge.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Oooooohhhhhhhh you mean EXACTLY like Choate did with Luke Daly. Now I finally get it!!!!
Grizidiot living up to his name! Appears the Cats took immediate action on Daly and Tappan. Griz haven't done anything with Counts. Paint it anyway you want, but you actions look bad.

Once again Grizidiot, you didn't read the post. I highlighted the part above about your stupid bet, but comprehension is not your strength. That UM education is not serving you well. But then again, you are probably a Walmart Griz. That's okay, there is still hope for you! UM will take anybody now with the enrollment situation. Just think, if enrollment keeps going the way it is, you can join the NAIA!

Maybe the Counts thing is related to enrollment numbers... You can't lose another student.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:03 am

Guess am confused why it is an issue at all. Refusal to blow is an automatic suspension of driving and assumed DUI in Montana. In addition, wasn't it terms of his probation to be clean so required him to blow when requested? Failure to blow is automatic probation violation which tosses him back in court for two offenses, the failure to adhere to probation and the DUI by reason to blow.....
The fact he declined was reason to suspend him under the violation of probation rule bit
If nothing else, he should've got an extra year of scholarship under the Bobby H rule of extra credit earned for participating in the Raiders for life club.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:09 am

Montanabob wrote:Guess am confused why it is an issue at all. Refusal to blow is an automatic suspension of driving and assumed DUI in Montana. In addition, wasn't it terms of his probation to be clean so required him to blow when requested? Failure to blow is automatic probation violation which tosses him back in court for two offenses, the failure to adhere to probation and the DUI by reason to blow.....
The fact he declined was reason to suspend him under the violation of probation rule bit
If nothing else, he should've got an extra year of scholarship under the Bobby H rule of extra credit earned for participating in the Raiders for life club.
But the Code, Bob! The Code!

Just kidding. This was exactly my point a couple pages earlier, but GA ignored it. Counts, who's on probation and not allowed to drink at all, was pulled over for suspicion of DUI, and refused a breathalyzer. That is all it takes for a probation violation, refusal to cooperate with an investigation by not giving a breath sample. That's for anyone on probation, let alone a scholarshipped student athlete on probation. Right there, he should be suspended from practices by the coach.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Triple C wrote:

Grizidiot living up to his name! Appears the Cats took immediate action on Daly and Tappan. Griz haven't done anything with Counts. Paint it anyway you want, but you actions look bad.

Once again Grizidiot, you didn't read the post. I highlighted the part above about your stupid bet, but comprehension is not your strength. That UM education is not serving you well. But then again, you are probably a Walmart Griz. That's okay, there is still hope for you! UM will take anybody now with the enrollment situation. Just think, if enrollment keeps going the way it is, you can join the NAIA!

Maybe the Counts thing is related to enrollment numbers... You can't lose another student.

So after getting called out, owned, and back pedaling as quickly as possible you resort to a 12-year old tantrum? Pretty cute. When I have multiple Cats posters sending me PMs telling me not to waste my time and that you are a regular idiotic poster, I think I'll take their advice. Good chat.