#FireAsh

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FireAsh
New Recruit

#FireAsh

Post by FireAsh » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Rob Ash Statistics through the 2015 Season:

Link to Excel Spreadsheet with full stats:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/383 ... reAsh.xlsx

Key Stats:

-Cat/Griz:
Record: 2-7
Blowout Losses (differential of 14 points or more): 7
% of Losses that are Blowout Losses: 100%
Blowout Wins: 0
% of Wins that result in Blowout Wins: 0%
% of Games that result in Blowout Losses: 78%
MSU has been outscored by UM 145-284 (spread 139 points)
Spread per year: 15.4 points

-Playoffs:
Record: 2-4
Blowout Losses: 3
% of Losses that are Blowout Losses: 75%
Blowout Wins: 0
% of Wins that result Blowout Wins: 0%
% of Games that result in Blowout Losses: 50%
MSU has been outscored by Playoff teams 128-207

-Top Tier Opponents (Top 4 Big Sky Conf Teams, Top Tier Non-Conf FCS Teams, FCS Playoff Games, and Winnable FBS Games):
Record: 12-25
Blowout Losses: 16
% of Losses that are Blowout Losses: 64%
Blowout Wins: 3
% of Wins that are Blowout Wins: 25%
% of Games that result in Blowout Win: 8%
% of Games that result in Blowout Losses: 43%

-Summary:
Impressive 89% win rate against teams MSU should beat (Lower Tier Opponents)
When playing good teams, MSU loses 68% of the time with 64% of those losses ending in blowouts
MSU has lost 78% of Cat-Griz games with 100% of those losses ending in a blowout
MSU has lost 67% of its playoff games with 75% of those losses ending in a blowout
17% of total wins come from Top Tier Opponents
43% of games against Top Tier Opponents result in blowout losses

Commentary:
It's been nine years. Nine years. And what do we have to show for it? Two playoff wins. Two Cat-Griz wins. A lot of squandered talent. And a lot of embarrassing blow-outs. In fact, against good teams it's almost every other game we get blown out. I've been trying to objectively point out these data points for years and have been called every name in the book by classless boars on here who didn't even read past the subject line. The data is in. The trends are clear and they are unchanging. This was a truly terrible season (we lost to all top 6 teams in the Big Sky Conference), but it was predictable. Some of you are finally reaching the conclusion that Rob Ash has to go. Many are not. If you can't see we need a change from the data or from the disarray on the field, then you're either perpetuating mediocrity or using your emotions to support what you want so badly to be true. Personally, I don't think we should hold our breath waiting for a third playoff win from Rob Ash.

#FireAsh

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: #FireAsh

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:03 pm

We know. As KittieKop and UTUCATS have stated, let it play out and let the man who has done so much for us leave with dignity. Once a Bobcat, always a Bobcat and that means he's family. Show some respect for his overall body of work. Everyone knows the time has come so this thread is unnecessary.

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Whether Coach Ash stays or goes will be decided by the people paid to make that decision. Whatever decision is made, I will support the program as best I can. If it were my choice to put forth a passionate and strongly worded case to dismiss him from the job, I would feel a responsibility to include my name in there somewhere. Just sayin"

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:27 pm

My name wasn't listed above, so I will say that either he should resign or they need to let him and his staff go. Clean house, start fresh and bring in someone with the desire and passion to make this team a yearly playoff contender and once again (early 1980's) a team that dominates our conference. We have the second highest attendance of Big Sky teams, the second best facilities of Big Sky teams. It should be easy to find a coach that will once again get us back to having the best defense, great offense and winning the games that matter. You won't see this coach and his staff do that.

Punters are people too!!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:31 pm

I've been trying to objectively point out these data points for years and have been called every name in the book by classless boars on here who didn't even read past the subject line.
If you have been trying for years why are you in single digits for posts and listed as a new recruit? If you created a new handle what was your old one?

I compiled similar data a few weeks ago while discussing Ash but I did so under my same handle that I always post under. Not sure the motivation of someone that did it in the manner you did. Like LTCF has said, this is a thread that we don't need right now. I think most everyone understands where we are at and though some may still disagree about us needing a new direction your stats are not new info around here.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Ugh. We're aware of the tension guys. Delete this thread.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

bobcatbeliever
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatbeliever » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:18 am

GoCats18 wrote:My name wasn't listed above, so I will say that either he should resign or they need to let him and his staff go. Clean house, start fresh and bring in someone with the desire and passion to make this team a yearly playoff contender and once again (early 1980's) a team that dominates our conference. We have the second highest attendance of Big Sky teams, the second best facilities of Big Sky teams. It should be easy to find a coach that will once again get us back to having the best defense, great offense and winning the games that matter. You won't see this coach and his staff do that.

Early 80's? We went 4-6, 3-7 (fired Sonny Lubbick), 6-5 (whipped by Griz), 1-10, 12-2!, 2-9. Careful what we wish for!

SacHornetFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SacHornetFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:01 am

Hey we would more than happy to take Ash off of your hands. A capable D-I coach in the fertile recruiting area of California, plus his Texas contacts! At least we could beat davis-sucks then because all they ran at us Saturday was a high school offense and Sears couldn't even figure that out!

What the hell is an Aggie (ucdavis)??