Truth is...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Truth is...

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:...I just like driving down to the games in Bozeman. It usually takes me 3.5 hours to get there from Helena, which is normally a 1.5 hour drive. It's an incredible drive. I like to see the Cats win, but it isn't all that important. I get over them losing rather quickly.

When I was a kid I'd get all bent out of shape if one of my teams lost and my dad would chew me out saying, "Watching football is supposed to be a pastime, not a problem! If you're gonna act like that about it, you better find something else to do!" Very good advice. :)
My parents told me the same thing. Then I moved South and found out my parents priorities were misinformed. I look at the salaries kids make for a half dozen years of their lives playing, what they could make coaching and you better believe me when I say if I had a left handed boy, he'd live in baseball pitching camps instead of worrying about diagramming sentences or memorizing formulas for math!

It's more than a game. It can be an extremely lucrative career.
Ha ha... Yes it can. However, making a living playing ANY sport is an extreme long shot, even for people with loads of God given talent. If making loads of money is the goal, you'd probably be better off teaching him to play hold em and giving a run at the world poker tour!

Really? I am very pleased i got out of Montana as that's still the prevailing mindset.
We're glad you got out too.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 pm

catatac wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:I can see why. When I was at school there in the early 2000's, all the fraternities with the exception of the "cowboy" frat (I forget what it was called) were all piles of ******. The guys that I knew that joined, absolutely raged in those houses and drank themselves silly.
Frats are interesting exhibits of human nature. I never understood them. But there is really a cowboy frat? Somewhere a lot of real cowboys just rolled in their graves upon hearing that one.
It's the AGR, Alpha Gamma Rho frat.... it's not actually called the cowboy frat if you were serious! :lol: But when I went to school there I had some friends in it... and unless things have changed, most of the AGR guys actually are real cowboys.
Most of them are posers. I was never a big fan of that bunch.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:I can see why. When I was at school there in the early 2000's, all the fraternities with the exception of the "cowboy" frat (I forget what it was called) were all piles of ******. The guys that I knew that joined, absolutely raged in those houses and drank themselves silly.
Frats are interesting exhibits of human nature. I never understood them. But there is really a cowboy frat? Somewhere a lot of real cowboys just rolled in their graves upon hearing that one.
It's the AGR, Alpha Gamma Rho frat.... it's not actually called the cowboy frat if you were serious! :lol: But when I went to school there I had some friends in it... and unless things have changed, most of the AGR guys actually are real cowboys.
Most of them are posers. I was never a big fan of that bunch.
And what does all this add to the topic of Bobcat football?? Mod's? Take the board back.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 pm

And what does all this add to the topic of Bobcat football?? Mod's? Take the board back.
Agreed. Fraternities are what they are and Ash has his rules so let's move forward. Can't wait for January recruiting! \:D/

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Agreed. Fraternities are what they are and Ash has his rules so let's move forward. Can't wait for January recruiting! \:D/
Definitely. Time to get over it people.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Absolutely, if everyone would just stop commenting on this topic it would just slowly die or fade away, I mean just stop posting a reply. Wait a sec, I mean..umm oh Crap...never mind. :bag:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:Absolutely, if everyone would just stop commenting on this topic it would just slowly die or fade away, I mean just stop posting a reply. Wait a sec, I mean..umm oh Crap...never mind. :bag:
You've talked me into it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:25 pm

allcat wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:Absolutely, if everyone would just stop commenting on this topic it would just slowly die or fade away, I mean just stop posting a reply. Wait a sec, I mean..umm oh Crap...never mind. :bag:
You've talked me into it.
+1

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

How many football players are fraternity members, anyhow?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Griznationalist wrote:How many football players are fraternity members, anyhow?
Man some people can't take a hint, must have gotten that in dance class.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:39 pm

allcat wrote:
Did dance class start with three shots? Were there pretty girls there?sounds like a good time to me

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:39 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Did dance class start with three shots? Were there pretty girls there?sounds like a good time to me
I like Bacon

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 am

SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
I like Bacon
Ahh yes, "hoggin" was fun too. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
I like Bacon

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir....and I never slice

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:45 pm

SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
I like Bacon

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir....and I never slice

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I am not here to defend anyone. But, what Ash has been accused of sounds like what a head coach should be doing. Bring in the money. I guess Ash could be more of a Raw Raw guy, but that does not seem to fit his quite personality. I am a quiet man too, ( I think Ash leans towards being quiet) and I have been accused of these same things Billy has accused of Ash. When in fact, I try to keep my opinions to myself and do not talk much. Maybe Ash is the same way and when he gets going, emotions take over and says somethings he should not have said. Maybe that is what happened with dMac.

Life is never fair. Leaders will always have some "Pet" favorite, that can do no wrong, and others get upset by the presumption of the mistreatment or special treatment. Real men, will take this in stride and deal with it, or move on. Crying about it will not solve anything.

Billy, I hope you got or are getting a great education at MSU. That should always be your first goal. Football is a game, that, once you leave school, you most like will not get a chance to play again. With an Education, you life is full of opportunities.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:41 pm

I think ash is a ceo style of head coach who focuses on brand, big ideas, $$, and stockholders. My impression is that he leaves much of the day to day gameplanning and player stuff to his assistants who act as mid level managers.

On a lot of levels, playing on a football team isnt all that different from working for a corporation.

Barrymurphy959
New Recruit

Post by Barrymurphy959 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:29 pm

I agree 100 percent with this young man. I have a son on the team and he is completely outraged with the program himself. I keep on motivating him to hang in there. But he is just about done. My son has enlightened me about everything that this young man has posted with the exception of the Jon Ellis and Christian thing. My son isn't the only one who is fed up with the football team, a lot of the players are done with the head coach and the program also. Particularly they are not happy with the type of coach Ash is due to the fact that he doesn't coach and they don't feel like he wants to win. Ash just knows he should win. They also feel like he cares way more about the money he brings in so HE CAN BUY HIS NEW TRUCK EVERY YEAR than he actually cares about the players. Yet they are limited to the amount of gear they receive, and also have a hard time getting new gear when they ask for it. My son has done nothing but complained about the program. Other than my son, I have heard multiple teammates agree with both my son and whoever this young man is who has posted it. And it's sad because you fans are blind to the whole thing. Truth be told, it's time for everyone to wake up and start supporting the ones who are putting their heart and soul into making the community/fans proud. These kids are tired of the mediocre goals of just having a winning season. But a lot of this team feel they can't perform like they are capable of because they are being held back. How do you guys expect a team to be good if they don't want to play for their own head coach anymore? The thing about it is that the same great coaches (Ioane, Mac, North, Rider, Pitre, etc..) are being pointed out, maybe it's time they start reevaluating who should be running this team.

Barrymurphy959
New Recruit

Post by Barrymurphy959 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:46 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
BillybobcatThortan wrote:So me stating that ash threw Dmac under the bus in that meeting was an opion? Me stating that he PAID for Christain Williams & John Ellis is opion ? Ash giving Cody Kirk permission to do his own workouts is an opion? I seriously erge you to ask any player who was not a freshman this season if he threw Dmac under the bus, I don't know if you would be able to take overwhelming answers because you clearly can't handle the truth. I erge you to somehow get in contact with John Ellis & Christian Williams they have nothing to hide, & I erge you to ask this years senior class & upper classman if Kirk had his own work out plan, that way you can see how factual this post really is. I know you have the upmost trust in your beloved ash but the truth hurts. & to answer your question the point was to show fans what he's really all about, did you not read the post ? & the constructive part was giving credit to where credit was do , which I did when I mentioned the rest of the coaches. Thanks
I erge you to learn how to spell. I guess everyone is entitled to their opion. Seriously, did MSU really give you a diploma? To me, Ash is fine right where he is. I'm a Griz fan.

It's not like you uncovered the Watergate scandal. I don't essentially doubt most of what you are saying it's just that this is all old and insignificant so called information. Bobby Hauck is still looking for a job. I'm sure he would treat the players with more respect. :roll:

Don't be such a drama queen. All of this crap is petty and it only gets to thin skinned people. Get over it and put your diploma to good use. *rolls eyes again*
Well sir, I URGE you to learn how to spell before you go criticizing people on their spelling, where did you get your diploma? Oh that's right, your a griz.

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Uhhhhh, Barry? Based on the highlighting of the OP's misspelling of "erge", I'm fairly certain he misspelled it on purpose to mock the OP.

OH, and it's "you're". #-o

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.