Bobcats are better than EWU at every position except 1

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Bobcats are better than EWU at every position except 1

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:47 am

John K wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I read a few remarks where big brother said they would match up well head to head with NDSU. I laughed! You played a team that practices on the beach, in below 0 temps, and could not compete. And the score was closer than it should have been. I don't believe there is a FCS team right now that even comes close to comparing to NDSU. That team is flat out amazing.
I agree. I'll be shocked if Towson comes within 2 TD in the NC game, and I actually doubt that it will even be that close. If I was gonna place a bet on the game, NDSU would have to be favored by at least 20 for me to take the points. Some people said they were overrated in their two NC seasons, because their offense wasn't that great, but their offense has been almost as good as the defense during the playoffs this year. If they win their 3rd straight, I'd have to put them ahead of App St. in 2005-2007 as the greatest FCS team ever.

As a side note, during the EWU-Towson game, the announcers were talking about the best FCS programs over the past 10 years or so, and specifcally mentioned NDSU, EWU, and App St. as being the top three, with UM conspicuous by it's absence. I'll bet any Griz fans who happened to hear that comment were a little butt hurt about not being included in that list.
Maybe some would be, but I think most would admit the last 10 years, though there have been some bright spots, have not been the Grizzlies' best. Obviously some years have been bad by their standards, while a few have been better than average, but a handful of NC appearances doesn't get you in that conversation. You might even put SHSU in the conversation before you put UM in there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcats are better than EWU at every position except 1

Post by John K » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:11 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
John K wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I read a few remarks where big brother said they would match up well head to head with NDSU. I laughed! You played a team that practices on the beach, in below 0 temps, and could not compete. And the score was closer than it should have been. I don't believe there is a FCS team right now that even comes close to comparing to NDSU. That team is flat out amazing.
I agree. I'll be shocked if Towson comes within 2 TD in the NC game, and I actually doubt that it will even be that close. If I was gonna place a bet on the game, NDSU would have to be favored by at least 20 for me to take the points. Some people said they were overrated in their two NC seasons, because their offense wasn't that great, but their offense has been almost as good as the defense during the playoffs this year. If they win their 3rd straight, I'd have to put them ahead of App St. in 2005-2007 as the greatest FCS team ever.

As a side note, during the EWU-Towson game, the announcers were talking about the best FCS programs over the past 10 years or so, and specifcally mentioned NDSU, EWU, and App St. as being the top three, with UM conspicuous by it's absence. I'll bet any Griz fans who happened to hear that comment were a little butt hurt about not being included in that list.
Maybe some would be, but I think most would admit the last 10 years, though there have been some bright spots, have not been the Grizzlies' best. Obviously some years have been bad by their standards, while a few have been better than average, but a handful of NC appearances doesn't get you in that conversation. You might even put SHSU in the conversation before you put UM in there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, I don't necessarily disagree with you. When it's been 12 years since your last NC, you probably don't deserve to be mentioned among the top three FCS programs, or maybe even the top five. The point i was trying to make is that most Griz fans probably still think of their program as being one of the elite in FCS, even if that perception no longer reflects reality. In the last 12 years, they've been in the NC game three times, and made it to the semi-finals five times. That's still pretty good, and I think Bobcat fans would be very happy if we could match those accomplishments over the next 12 years. But the lack of even one NC during that span prevents them from being considered as one of the truly elite FCS programs.