Can't cheer for the Griz and...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Can't cheer for the Griz and...

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:41 pm

I thought I could. I really tried. But watching the first half of this game I find every time CC makes a good play I'm cheering for them. I have family that went to UM even one that played football there. Some of my best friends went to school there. I have even moved out of state, but none of that has softened me in any way. Why is it so hard? Do I need help or do I just accept the fact that I hate the Griz no matter who they play? Your help would be appreciated.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Can't cheer for the Griz and...

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Welcome to the club! :lol:

rippinandtearin
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by rippinandtearin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

I cant do it either ... and i'm even currently enrolled there...

foxca2
New Recruit

Post by foxca2 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Ditto! It's a Cat Griz thing.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I often want to cheer for the griz in the playoffs because I do have good friends who are big griz fans... But once the game starts I find myself wanting the other team to crush the griz. I guess its just a natural reaction for a Bobcat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm

How can you be in the middle of a rivalry and ever be for the opponent? If the griz played the devil I would root for satan lol. I love one comment on egriz-the oerson hopes the refs children get cancer and die. Omg.

gocats

Post by gocats » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Yea, they're a classy.bunch.

ESG

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:26 pm

gocats wrote:Yea, they're a classy.bunch.

ESG
Sorry, but this post is full of irony. You can't lowball someone on class with a classless post.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

Huge difference between rooting for your rival to lose and wishing cancer on someone's family. Not even comparable, so not really ironic.

IYAACYAS

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:47 pm

CPACAT wrote:Huge difference between rooting for your rival to lose and wishing cancer on someone's family. Not even comparable, so not really ironic.
So if we have a few people that say things like that, it's ok. There was nothing from any gritz in this thread and he threw in an esg, is that not irony when he calls them out?

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:50 pm

I did not see anyone in this thread say anything close to hoping someone's family member gets cancer. I would consider that person a miserable excuse for a human being be they Cat or griz fan.

ESG does not rise to that level either.

IYAACYAS

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:46 pm

You lost me. I did not see anything about cancer in the thread. You brought that up. I just think you can't go with esg and then accuse someone of not being classy.

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

allcat wrote:You lost me. I did not see anything about cancer in the thread. You brought that up. I just think you can't go with esg and then accuse someone of not being classy.
Some punk was complaining bitterly about the refs right after the game ended. He said he hopes their children get cancer and die. It was in egriz. It was sick

gocats

Post by gocats » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Yea, I'm classless. The ESG is my signature. I'll make sure I don't use it next time. Hate to see you all butthurt.

Edited to take out the super offensive ESG that upsets allcat so much.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 am

gocats wrote:Yea, I'm classless. The ESG is my signature. I'll make sure I don't use it next time. Hate to see you all butthurt.

Edited to take out the super offensive ESG that upsets allcat so much.
I could care less about it, you are the one saying classless and then using the esg. Are you telling me that you think that esg shows class?

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:46 am

Long Time Cat wrote:I thought I could. I really tried. But watching the first half of this game I find every time CC makes a good play I'm cheering for them. I have family that went to UM even one that played football there. Some of my best friends went to school there. I have even moved out of state, but none of that has softened me in any way. Why is it so hard? Do I need help or do I just accept the fact that I hate the Griz no matter who they play? Your help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. I actually want them to win. I won't apologize to anyone for that. Maybe it's a soft spot since I was recruited by them, or I had friends play or attend there, or because this rivalry is one of my favorite sources of entertainment in Montana. I like "hating" the Griz. Buuuuut I can't stand their fans, and boosters too. The fact that these folks also cost their team some wins for violations shows how putrid it can get over there. My solution is to not watch the games, or listen. Pretty drastic but I hate myself for cheering against a team that I mostly respect because I can't stand their corrupt boosters or so many of their fans.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:54 am

I have had and will continue to have 2 favorite teams in football. The Cats 1st and whomever is playing the gritz is 2nd. I always get conflicted when it is to the Cats advantage for the gritz to win, but I refer back to my 2 favorite teams rule.

gocats

Post by gocats » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 pm

So, it's classy to refer to the griz as the gritz? Mine was just my signature that's been on all my posts for quite awhile. You had to make an effort to.misspell griz everytime. :-)

ESG

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:58 pm

ok, you win. There is no difference in actually complaining about the gritz not being classy and telling them to eat ****** with every post. Everything is a matter of degrees and I personally think making fun of their name is awfully light smack. Try this talk to um people and tell them to eat ****** with every sentence, or try calling them the fritz, see which one you end up with more friends using. I've never been called out on this when teasing my friends, but I must admit i've never tried the esg route. Like I said I don't care what you do, I just saw the deal as ironic. Sorry if you took offense.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 pm

allcat wrote:I have had and will continue to have 2 favorite teams in football. The Cats 1st and whomever is playing the gritz is 2nd. I always get conflicted when it is to the Cats advantage for the gritz to win, but I refer back to my 2 favorite teams rule.
Don't have time to do the research, but aren't you the one that started a thread on how we should cheer for the griz because the a Cats are done.... Honest answer now. All eyes are on you!

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG