Can't cheer for the Griz and...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Can't cheer for the Griz and...

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
allcat wrote:I have had and will continue to have 2 favorite teams in football. The Cats 1st and whomever is playing the gritz is 2nd. I always get conflicted when it is to the Cats advantage for the gritz to win, but I refer back to my 2 favorite teams rule.
Don't have time to do the research, but aren't you the one that started a thread on how we should cheer for the griz because the a Cats are done.... Honest answer now. All eyes are on you!
I'm pretty sure that's CatBracket

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:30 am

BFcatfan wrote:
allcat wrote:I have had and will continue to have 2 favorite teams in football. The Cats 1st and whomever is playing the gritz is 2nd. I always get conflicted when it is to the Cats advantage for the gritz to win, but I refer back to my 2 favorite teams rule.
Don't have time to do the research, but aren't you the one that started a thread on how we should cheer for the griz because the a Cats are done.... Honest answer now. All eyes are on you!
Don't be silly. I always cheer for the Cats. I hate the gritz as an entity, but I like most of the fans. I have no problem with gritz fans that feel the same way about thier (intentional misspelling for the typo policeman) team.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 am

CPACAT wrote:I did not see anyone in this thread say anything close to hoping someone's family member gets cancer. I would consider that person a miserable excuse for a human being be they Cat or griz fan.

ESG does not rise to that level either.
I can't find the post on egriz that you guys are talking about. Do you think the person literally wants the ref's kids to get cancer, or do you think he meant it as hyperbole?

It's not my brand of humor, but judging an entire fan base for it seems a bit extreme.

By the way...since you asked, I actually do think commanding other people to eat human feces is pretty disgusting, too. Wait...you're telling me you didn't mean that literally either? Huh...who knew.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 am

Grizlaw wrote:
CPACAT wrote:I did not see anyone in this thread say anything close to hoping someone's family member gets cancer. I would consider that person a miserable excuse for a human being be they Cat or griz fan.

I can't find the post on egriz that you guys are talking about. Do you think the person literally wants the ref's kids to get cancer, or do you think he meant it as hyperbole?

It's not my brand of humor, but judging an entire fan base for it seems a bit extreme.

By the way...since you asked, I actually do think commanding other people to eat human feces is pretty disgusting, too. Wait...you're telling me you didn't mean that literally either? Huh...who knew.
It was Jokyogriz and that guy has issues

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 am

Grizlaw wrote:

ESG is pretty well known hyperbole that people have picked up on and kept rolling. "I hope you get cancer and die" is not. But perhaps you can get that one going if you really think they are equivalent.

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Figures...
91catAlum wrote:ESG is pretty well known hyperbole that people have picked up on and kept rolling. "I hope you get cancer and die" is not. But perhaps you can get that one going if you really think they are equivalent.
The fact that ESG is "well-known" has no relevance. Do you honestly think Tokyo (and Griz fans in general, since we're using his post as an example of what a "classy bunch" Griz fans are) really wants the kid to get cancer, or not?

If you believe it's hyperbole, then it's the same as ESG (though admittedly more tasteless). If you don't believe it's hyperbole, then I think you're being ridiculous.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:06 am

bobcatmaniac wrote:How can you be in the middle of a rivalry and ever be for the opponent? If the griz played the devil I would root for satan lol. I love one comment on egriz-the oerson hopes the refs children get cancer and die. Omg.
This is an e-griz type of thing to some of it's posters.After JJ sat out the second half of their game before they played the Cats and the sideline reported was told by one of the Griz assistants that he might have suffered a concussion and later found out it was just the flu, another poster said "the reporter that announced that JJ had a concussion should be marched to the oval and summarily shot and his family should be billed for the bullet".

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 am

Grizlaw wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Figures...
91catAlum wrote:ESG is pretty well known hyperbole that people have picked up on and kept rolling. "I hope you get cancer and die" is not. But perhaps you can get that one going if you really think they are equivalent.
The fact that ESG is "well-known" has no relevance. Do you honestly think Tokyo (and Griz fans in general, since we're using his post as an example of what a "classy bunch" Griz fans are) really wants the kid to get cancer, or not?

If you believe it's hyperbole, then it's the same as ESG (though admittedly more tasteless). If you don't believe it's hyperbole, then I think you're being ridiculous.
I didn't attribute it to all griz fans, so I'm not sure why you included that in a response to my post. The vast majority of griz fans (and any fan base) are normal, reasonable people.

And I can't speak intelligently about what some poster named Tokyo-griz is capable of, and neither can you. I'd like to think he was just venting, albeit in a sick, disturbing, and insensitive way. Real people have cancer and fight it daily and face death every day, thru no choice of their own. Not too many people are eating shiit every day, and facing death because of it.
See the difference?

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am

91catAlum wrote:
I didn't attribute it to all griz fans, so I'm not sure why you included that in a response to my post.
This is a bulletin board. You shouldn't assume that every word I utter is directed only at you:
gocats wrote:Yea, they're a classy.bunch.

ESG
91catAlum wrote:And I can't speak intelligently about what some poster named Tokyo-griz is capable of, and neither can you.
I can't speak intelligently about what every Cat fan means when they say "ESG," and neither can you. For all either of us knows, there may be Cat fans reading this thread who, at this very moment, have a Griz fan or two locked in their basement, who they pay a visit to once every 48 hours just to force them to eat human feces. That's pretty sick.

See...I can be myopic too. Isn't this fun? ;)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 am

Grizlaw wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
I didn't attribute it to all griz fans, so I'm not sure why you included that in a response to my post.
This is a bulletin board. You shouldn't assume that every word I utter is directed only at you:
gocats wrote:Yea, they're a classy.bunch.

ESG
91catAlum wrote:And I can't speak intelligently about what some poster named Tokyo-griz is capable of, and neither can you.
I can't speak intelligently about what every Cat fan means when they say "ESG," and neither can you. For all either of us knows, there may be Cat fans reading this thread who, at this very moment, have a Griz fan or two locked in their basement, who they pay a visit to once every 48 hours just to force them to eat human feces. That's pretty sick.

See...I can be myopic too. Isn't this fun? ;)
If you simply posted in this thread, I wouldn't assume it was directed at me. When you reply directly to one of my posts, I do assume its directed at me. Does that not make sense to you?

Nice hypothetical example. Do you think that people with cancer, who might take offense to a post like that, are real or hypothetical?

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 am

91catAlum wrote:
If you simply posted in this thread, I wouldn't assume it was directed at me. When you reply directly to one of my posts, I do assume its directed at me. Does that not make sense to you?
Sure it does. But since I put the words "classy bunch" in quotes, and since those were the words used by another poster, I thought it was clear enough who it was directed at.

Of course, ignoring the obvious intent behind the words of others seems to be a common theme with you.
91catAlum wrote:Nice hypothetical example. Do you think that people with cancer, who might take offense to a post like that, are real or hypothetical?
To be perfectly honest, I doubt that anyone who actually has cancer would give a sh!t what any of us has to say. They've got bigger things to worry about.

Nice attempt at changing the subject, though.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Sure it does. But since I put the words "classy bunch" in quotes, and since those were the words used by another poster, I thought it was clear enough who it was directed at.

Of course, ignoring the obvious intent behind the words of others seems to be a common theme with you.
91catAlum wrote:Nice hypothetical example. Do you think that people with cancer, who might take offense to a post like that, are real or hypothetical?
To be perfectly honest, I doubt that anyone who actually has cancer would give a sh!t what any of us has to say. They've got bigger things to worry about.

I'm bowing out of this argument now. You have a Merry Christmas, Griz law! And I sincerely hope you never have to deal with cancer, nor eat any shiit.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I'm bowing out of this argument now. You have a Merry Christmas, Griz law! And I sincerely hope you never have to deal with cancer, nor eat any shiit.
I find it incredible that grizlaw is alowed to make as many posts as he does, trapped in that basement. \:D/

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 pm

allcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I find it incredible that grizlaw is alowed to make as many posts as he does, trapped in that basement. \:D/
Ziiing! Well played allcat...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm

allcat wrote: I find it incredible that grizlaw is alowed to make as many posts as he does, trapped in that basement. \:D/
Touche'.

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 pm

91catAlum wrote: I'm bowing out of this argument now. You have a Merry Christmas, Griz law! And I sincerely hope you never have to deal with cancer, nor eat any shiit.
Merry Christmas and best wishes to you as well!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:17 am

Merry Christmas in the Smack Talk section? What is the world is going on here? Happy 4th of July everyone! :bag:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG