Just like eGriz

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Just like eGriz

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:17 pm

The Butcher wrote:So now that the Cats KILLED NAU- how are the griz fans going to tell us how they have a better team?
Oh, beats me. Maybe the final outcome?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz spin?

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:21 pm

The Butcher wrote:So now that the Cats KILLED NAU- how are the griz fans going to tell us how they have a better team?
Head-to-head, of course.

In terms of playoff seeding, though, you can only count GRI/SOS/polls/playing a D2 team and beating them to get to 10 wins (versus only 9 for NAU in 11 games).

Everything but head-to-head, and conference record, apparently, count for the Griz versus the Lumberjacks. Of course, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure UM fans would be screaming bloody murder if they had beaten NAU 34-16, had a better league record, and the same amount of losses, yet NAU got the seed, and the Griz had to play next weekend.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm

PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

In terms of playoff seeding, though, you can only count GRI/SOS/polls/playing a D2 team and beating them to get to 10 wins (versus only 9 for NAU in 11 games).

Everything but head-to-head, and conference record, apparently, count for the Griz versus the Lumberjacks. Of course, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure UM fans would be screaming bloody murder if they had beaten NAU 34-16, had a better league record, and the same amount of losses, yet NAU got the seed, and the Griz had to play next weekend.
No they wouldn't. Besides, NAU didn't have a better league record anyway. They played weaker competition.

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RationalGriz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:05 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

No they wouldn't. Besides, NAU didn't have a better league record anyway. They played weaker competition.

Are you dumb? 7-1 is better than 6-2 in my book.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:13 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

No, you're dumb. They're different records against different teams.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

OK Stupid. They are the league records, whether or not they played the same league teams is irrelevant. If you want to whine about which teams each did play, go ahead, but by the rule of the BSC, it doesn't mean jack. No wonder people hate most Griz fans, they are complete and total whiny jackasses. All this does not even take into account that UM lost to NAU.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

OK Stupid. They are the league records, whether or not they played the same league teams is irrelevant. If you want to whine about which teams each did play, go ahead, but by the rule of the BSC, it doesn't mean jack. No wonder people hate most Griz fans, they are complete and total whiny jackasses. All this does not even take into account that UM lost to NAU.
Why are you sad at me?

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:13 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

Why are you sad at me?
I'm not...just called you out for a dumb argument

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

Why are you sad at me?
But you're so upset with me? Why are you attacking me personally?

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

Why are you sad at me?
I asked if you were dumb...did not call you dumb. You then did call me dumb, so I responded by calling you stupid. Seems you called me names first. And I still believe your argument is dumb.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

For merge

Post by tampa_griz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Head-to-head, of course.

Why are you sad at me?
I asked if you were dumb...did not call you dumb. You then did call me dumb, so I responded by calling you stupid. Seems you called me names first. And I still believe your argument is dumb.
That's not a question. That's an accusation. Why are you doing that?

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am

Why should the selection committee care about league records, when they include non-common opponents? They should be comparing the teams' overall resumes. League records are meaningless, except to the extent that they include games against common opponents. The only reason NAU's league record is better than UM's is because they didn't have to play EWU.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Grizlaw wrote:Why should the selection committee care about league records, when they include non-common opponents? They should be comparing the teams' overall resumes. League records are meaningless, except to the extent that they include games against common opponents. The only reason NAU's league record is better than UM's is because they didn't have to play EWU.
Who's to say UM wouldn't have lost to SUU if they would have had to play them.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Bobcat Jim wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:Why should the selection committee care about league records, when they include non-common opponents? They should be comparing the teams' overall resumes. League records are meaningless, except to the extent that they include games against common opponents. The only reason NAU's league record is better than UM's is because they didn't have to play EWU.
Oh, I think it is pretty clear that UM's passing game is to say that UM wouldn't have lost to SUU. I think Johnson would have thrown for more than 90 yards over four quarters.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
Oh, I think it is pretty clear that UM's passing game is to say that UM wouldn't have lost to SUU. I think Johnson would have thrown for more than 90 yards over four quarters.
Yeah, it's always the best case scenario with you guys.