the gold standard that all fans of I-AA programs strive for?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Re: the gold standard that all fans of I-AA programs strive

Post by Hell's Bells » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:02 pm

bearBAC wrote:http://i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=879

1. Montana

Resembles: The KISS Army, c. 1979

Typical Fan: The KISS Army are the semi-maniacal fans of the rock group KISS that formed in the late '70s and still exist today in some circles. They paint their faces, travel anywhere the band plays, and are out-of-control. Montana fans, meet your soulmates! When Montana qualifies for the I-AA national championship, thousands of painted-fans descend on Chattanooga to celebrate and party. The tailgate starts on Friday night and doesn't stop until well after the 4th quarter gun has sounded. You'd have to be a raving lunatic to be a fan of the opposing team, surrounded by their number. Basically, they are the gold standard that all fans of I-AA programs should strive for. Start studying those game films!

hmmm i think that would be nothing to be proud of - being compaired to "manical fans of the rock group kiss"

This space for rent....

Ponycat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Ponycat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Boy nothing gets by you does it Bear BAC. Where on earth did you find this. =P~

The devil made me do it the first time... the second time I done it on my own.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 pm

I know I want to rock and roll all night and party every day. :lol:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:07 pm

I always thought that if Griz fans would be associated with a music group it would be Vanilla Ice. They think they are tough, but really the are a bunch of posers.

See the resemblance?

Griz Griz baby
All right stop collaborate and listen
the Griz are back with a brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of Griz tightly
Flow like a harpoon in the butt daily and nightly
Will they ever win yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and watch the Bobby Hauck Show

FTG

Uncle Rico
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Uncle Rico » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Wow bac,
you are even uglier than I imagined.

UMclassof2002

Post by UMclassof2002 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:32 pm

mquast53000 wrote:I always thought that if Griz fans would be associated with a music group it would be Vanilla Ice. They think they are tough, but really the are a bunch of posers.

See the resemblance?

Griz Griz baby
All right stop collaborate and listen
the Griz are back with a brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of Griz tightly
Flow like a harpoon in the butt daily and nightly
Will they ever win yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and watch the Bobby Hauck Show

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:38 pm

Uncle Rico wrote:Wow bac,
you are even uglier than I imagined.
I don't know, she actually looks like a pretty well-preserved Grandma to me (although the jerk standing in front of her is blocking her...).

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:51 pm

I actually am part of the VIP Posse!

BarelyTrouble
New Recruit

Post by BarelyTrouble » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:57 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:

1. Montana

Typical Fan: The KISS Army are the semi-maniacal fans of the rock group KISS that formed in the late '70s and still exist today in some circles. They paint their faces, travel anywhere the band plays, and are out-of-control. Montana fans, meet your soulmates! When Montana qualifies for the I-AA national championship, thousands of painted-fans descend on Chattanooga to celebrate and party. The tailgate starts on Friday night and doesn't stop until well after the 4th quarter gun has sounded. You'd have to be a raving lunatic to be a fan of the opposing team, surrounded by their number. Basically, they are the gold standard that all fans of I-AA programs should strive for. Start studying those game films!

hmmm i think that would be nothing to be proud of - being compaired to "manical fans of the rock group kiss"
Oh for sure. We are aghast and appalled to read this. We were hoping to be compared to the Belgrade Lady's Quilting Auxiliary but y'all apparently have that distinction "sewn up."

lifeloyalsigmsu

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:34 pm

BarelyTrouble wrote:
Hell's Bells wrote:

1. Montana

Oh for sure. We are aghast and appalled to read this. We were hoping to be compared to the Belgrade Lady's Quilting Auxiliary but y'all apparently have that distinction "sewn up."
Yes, and you've been one hell of a mentor for our quilting endeavors.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed