FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2286
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by SACCAT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:37 pm

One of the ladies that works with me went to Macdonalds today and got a pop. When she got to work she noticed that the cup was a @$%%#%$ UM cup, with the logo and the football schedule on the side. WHAT THE HELL. :x :x :x :x



User avatar
Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Alpha's mind

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:39 pm

SACCAT wrote:One of the ladies that works with me went to Macdonalds today and got a pop. When she got to work she noticed that the cup was a @$%%#%$ UM cup, with the logo and the football schedule on the side. WHAT THE HELL. :x :x :x :x
It's called quality marketing. Also might have to do with the fact that both UM and McD's are affiliated with Coca Cola.



User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2286
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Post by SACCAT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:42 pm

It isn't quality marketing when it is done in Bozeman. I don't know if I am more pissed about the fact that it was the friz, or the fact that the owners let it happen. Why would you have those in bozeman.



User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:47 pm

SACCAT wrote:It isn't quality marketing when it is done in Bozeman. I don't know if I am more pissed about the fact that it was the friz, or the fact that the owners let it happen. Why would you have those in bozeman.
Agreed, McDonald's are franchises, there is no reason the one's here in the valley(owned by Rich and Sheila as EVERY one of their ads so annoyingly points out) should be putting out Griz stuff.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Alpha's mind

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:47 pm

SACCAT wrote:It isn't quality marketing when it is done in Bozeman. I don't know if I am more pissed about the fact that it was the friz, or the fact that the owners let it happen. Why would you have those in bozeman.
Oh wow I didn't know it was in Bozeman. I guess those UM grads must have higher postions at McDonald's than you thought. :roll: :wink:



iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3846
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:49 pm

Duh! What a great way to put yourself out of business. Good market research Rich and Sheila.



mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5830
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Post by mslacat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 pm

kmax wrote: Agreed, McDonald's are franchises, there is no reason the one's here in the valley(owned by Rich and Sheila as EVERY one of their ads so annoyingly points out) should be putting out Griz stuff.
Elivs Owns the Missoula McDonalds

Or is it Johnny Bravo

Baby!!!!!



User avatar
Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:40 pm
Location: Alpha's mind

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 pm

iaafan wrote:Duh! What a great way to put yourself out of business. Good market research Rich and Sheila.
Come on -- are there any other resaurants in Bozeman? It's brilliant!!


Just kidding.



User avatar
rtb
Moderator
Posts: 8021
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:15 pm
Location: Bend, OR
Contact:

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:55 pm

iaafan wrote:Duh! What a great way to put yourself out of business. Good market research Rich and Sheila.
Yeah, Rich and Shelia better get those out of there or we should make sure no one buys food there until they are gone. One idea I have....why don't Rich and Shelia buy 1000s of BobcatNation stickers to cover up those ugly cups. Maybe someone in Bozeman can suggest that to them.



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2718
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:01 pm

That is just absolutely ridiculous. I think a few phone calls to the right people, with a legitimate threat of boycotting all Rich & Sheila-owned McDonald's (not that I ever eat there anyways, but I digress), will get these eyesores off the shelves. What a fabulous way to disenfranchise a franchise! :roll:

And what the hell was the MSU marketing department doing while this was happening? I'm going to just throw out a guess by the seat of my pants and say... nothing (as usual)? :oops:


GO CATS GO!!!

Image
Image

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:03 pm

BozoneCat wrote: And what the hell was the MSU marketing department doing while this was happening? I'm going to just throw out a guess by the seat of my pants and say... nothing (as usual)? :oops:
To be fair here, Nick probably has a point as to why MSU wouldn't be in a McD's since MSU has a pretty strong deal with Pepsi and McDonald's is strictly Coke products.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:45 pm
Location: Billings

Post by mquast53000 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Maybe the Chronicle should mention this little slip in this week’s paper…
That sure would get the point across… :wink:

-Does McDonalds give any money to the Bobcats?


FTG

User avatar
Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4669
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:58 pm
Location: Belgrade, Mt.
Contact:

Post by Hell's Bells » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:07 pm

mquast53000 wrote:Maybe the Chronicle should mention this little slip in this week’s paper…
That sure would get the point across… :wink:

-Does McDonalds give any money to the Bobcats?
wright a letter to the editor - that way it will be in the daily chronic *hopefully...*


This space for rent....

User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:14 pm

kmax wrote:
BozoneCat wrote: And what the hell was the MSU marketing department doing while this was happening? I'm going to just throw out a guess by the seat of my pants and say... nothing (as usual)? :oops:
To be fair here, Nick probably has a point as to why MSU wouldn't be in a McD's since MSU has a pretty strong deal with Pepsi and McDonald's is strictly Coke products.
Good point. However, if this is the case then MSU's relationship with Pepsi should provide for the same opportunities at Taco Bell and KFC.



User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
kmax wrote:
BozoneCat wrote: And what the hell was the MSU marketing department doing while this was happening? I'm going to just throw out a guess by the seat of my pants and say... nothing (as usual)? :oops:
To be fair here, Nick probably has a point as to why MSU wouldn't be in a McD's since MSU has a pretty strong deal with Pepsi and McDonald's is strictly Coke products.
Good point. However, if this is the case then MSU's relationship with Pepsi should provide for the same opportunities at Taco Bell and KFC.
Agreed.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9079
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 pm

SACCAT wrote:One of the ladies that works with me went to Macdonalds today and got a pop. When she got to work she noticed that the cup was a @$%%#%$ UM cup, with the logo and the football schedule on the side. WHAT THE HELL. :x :x :x :x
Was it in the McDonald's inside Wall Mart (I don't think Rich and Sheila own that one)? Rich and Sheila seem to be pretty good boosters for MSU, and I would be surprised to see the UM cups at any of their places.



User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:23 pm

wbtfg wrote:Was it in the McDonald's inside Wall Mart (I don't think Rich and Sheila own that one)?
Good question, I had forgotten about that one, and no it is not owned by Rich and Sheila.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7687
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 pm

Nick wrote:
SACCAT wrote:It isn't quality marketing when it is done in Bozeman. I don't know if I am more pissed about the fact that it was the friz, or the fact that the owners let it happen. Why would you have those in bozeman.
Oh wow I didn't know it was in Bozeman. I guess those UM grads must have higher postions at McDonald's than you thought. :roll: :wink:
Yeah, maybe one actually made Manager! That is greatttt! :)



User avatar
longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7592
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Billings/Bozeman

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by longhorn_22 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:36 pm

Nick wrote:
SACCAT wrote:One of the ladies that works with me went to Macdonalds today and got a pop. When she got to work she noticed that the cup was a @$%%#%$ UM cup, with the logo and the football schedule on the side. WHAT THE HELL. :x :x :x :x
It's called quality marketing. Also might have to do with the fact that both UM and McD's are affiliated with Coca Cola.
Pepsi is the only way to go. And BK is better than McDonalds. So is Hardees and Wendys and pretty much any other fast food franchise. I will probably never go to McDonalds again now. Screw McDonalds and distibuting UM crap here.



User avatar
El_Gato
Member # Retired
Posts: 2926
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: Kalispell

Post by El_Gato » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:42 pm

I recently filled out a customer complaint card at Rosauer's in Kalispell. Last year they had Griz grocery bags with the schedule on it.

In my complaint, I stated that there are as many (if not more) Cat fans in this area than Griz fans (partially evidenced by the license plate count & Griz golf tourney yielded less than 10K while the 2 Bobcat tourneys will yield more than 25K) and that this Cat fan will stop spending $2000/year there if I saw the Griz bags again without a Cat equivalent.

Also, on the plus side, I've convinced several local businesses that their "backing" of just the Griz was/is bad for business due to the large # of Bobcats in this area. Whitefish Credit Union & Jim Dowen Nissan/Subaru/Mazda both have started advertising/supporting the Cats because of some "cajoling" by me & others...
Last edited by El_Gato on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Post Reply